The Edison--details announced

trainplane3

How do you ask for a "box of balls" with a straight face?
As someone that worked at Ben and Jerrys when "Schweddy Balls" was a flavor, quite easily. People laughed but ended up loving it. It was one of my favorite flavors and made the best milkshake ever. Until the soccer moms made BJ stop selling it (yes it was limited, but was intended to be sold longer then it actually was).

Me and a friend have been looking forward to the Edison since it'll bring a unique, 21+ setting to DS. The menu looks good and I have no problem with the prices as long as the food quality is good. The theming looks really neat. I never got to experience the greatness that was the Adventurers Club sadly. I'll have to make plans for a night in DS next time I'm in WDW.

DfromATX

Looks really nice. I know the article said it would be 21 and up after 10, but does that mean a family could have dinner there before then? We are all 'mostly' older than 21 lol... of our bunch, the youngest two will be 15 and 20.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Looks really nice. I know the article said it would be 21 and up after 10, but does that mean a family could have dinner there before then? We are all 'mostly' older than 21 lol... of our bunch, the youngest two will be 15 and 20.
The details are not quite clear on how the age limit is going to be enforced. But it seems there will be a dress code, cover charge and 21+ age requirement to enter the venue after 10pm.

Disney Analyst

You can use the restaurant up until I assume it converts into a club at 10 PM.

rioriz

I Went last night and it is definitely an impressive environment. I'd go as far as saying it is the crown jewel of Disney Springs.

The entrance and set up is very much like AV lots of hidden nooks and places to escape. The drinks were well made and prices not bad. The rum tunnels were closed last night unfortunately.

I'll post more later, right now I'm waiting in an extremely long line just to park at Epcot. The parks are ridiculous today

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Similar I'm ways but the class of the architecture is a step up. Last night was packed but the complex is so well laid out and sprawling I never felt overwhelmed
Good to know, Thanks. I have a reservation in a couple weeks, really looking forward to checking this place out

trainplane3

@wdwmagic , putting "This review was paid in full by the reviewers and was not part of any promotional tasting or media dine." in the review was great move.

Many other theme park reviewing sites always say "the food was great" but when they don't pay out of pocket, I'm sure anything would be great. Well, as long as the food doesn't lock you to the bathroom for 6 hours. That's the reason why I typically ignore most "reviews" that involve a press event of some kind. The reviewer doesn't have to part way with their money, so they have no sense of value. They can say how much value it is, but you'll only get a honest opinion when you actually spend your own money. And also, for fear of the mouse getting mad too.

I do have a question, will this be part of the DDP? It won't stop me from trying it, just curious. I only saw ToW mentioned at the end.

Flynnwriter

This is a another non-Disney restaurant that out-Disney Disney! It tells a story from the outside, in. The details and theming are not reminiscent of a generic Hyatt Hotel cafe and Disney should take note.

With lackluster homogenization or your hotels, hotel restaurants and white-wall resort rooms, you are continuing to erode you competitive advantage.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
@wdwmagic , putting "This review was paid in full by the reviewers and was not part of any promotional tasting or media dine." in the review was great move.

Many other theme park reviewing sites always say "the food was great" but when they don't pay out of pocket, I'm sure anything would be great. Well, as long as the food doesn't lock you to the bathroom for 6 hours. That's the reason why I typically ignore most "reviews" that involve a press event of some kind. The reviewer doesn't have to part way with their money, so they have no sense of value. They can say how much value it is, but you'll only get a honest opinion when you actually spend your own money. And also, for fear of the mouse getting mad too.

I do have a question, will this be part of the DDP? It won't stop me from trying it, just curious. I only saw ToW mentioned at the end.
Yes exactly. Paying for something yourself is very different to having it given you, and the associated expectations that come from that.

I expect it to be on DDP, but as always with a new location, it takes a while for those details to be completed. I'll update as soon as I know for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom