Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

Cake

Why would cretins deface that beautiful structure with graffiti? No respect.

Typical LA.
Also, the European cities I’ve visited have graffiti everywhere. It’s like a form of street art. Not that I enjoy it, but everyone has their own preferences.

Goofyernmost

Typical LA.
Also, the European cities I’ve visited have graffiti everywhere. It’s like a form of street art. Not that I enjoy it, but everyone has their own preferences.
Yea, I got the feeling that graffiti in Europe is dictated by law. It is everywhere. Take a train and every building that happens to be near a track will have graffiti painted all over it, top to bottom.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20171225_192905.jpg
20171225_192917.jpg
20171225_192923.jpg
20171225_201449.jpg
20171225_201437.jpg
A few pics from Christmas night.

Rowlet

I'm sorry if this has been confirmed, but will the tunnel remain as is? Meaning, no neutral paint finishing - just concrete.

Kman101

My pleasure. I feel Grand Ave looks so much better at night which is why I tend to go over there when it's lit up :)

I love DHS at night. It's my favorite time to go. Lower crowds, usually nicer weather, lights and neon all lit up ... I sadly haven't been able to get there for the new Christmas decor or Sunset offerings but I think it really would (or did, I guess) add to the atmosphere at night.

Kman101

About that...

Starting Jan 7, the smoking section by Echo Lake is moving to the end of Gand Ave.

:joyfull:

Too funny

I know some disliked the Echo Lake one (it did take over most of it I guess ...) but at least it was out of the way. I feel like they're deliberately putting these 'in the way' (and I say this as a smoker and non-smoker ....)

But it's funny they're moving it. Makes sense I guess. Who picks these areas? They could certainly do a better job.

Next Big Thing

:joyfull:

Too funny

I know some disliked the Echo Lake one (it did take over most of it I guess ...) but at least it was out of the way. I feel like they're deliberately putting these 'in the way' (and I say this as a smoker and non-smoker ....)

But it's funny they're moving it. Makes sense I guess. Who picks these areas? They could certainly do a better job.
What is the end of Grand Ave in the way of? SWL isn't opening for almost 2 full years yet.

Kman101

What is the end of Grand Ave in the way of? SWL isn't opening for almost 2 full years yet.

They put them in guests paths. The Fantasyland to Tomorrowland pathway by the train station (sure it's a less used walkway but still). They put the smoking section in front of Echo Lake. Again, if not for the smokers, there likely wouldn't be a ton of people staring at the ducks in the water (but I would be one of those persons) but they're "in the way".

Epcot's are off to the side and not even noticeable, really.

It doesn't matter if SW doesn't open for another two years LOL. I'm sure they'll move it by then so it's not an issue, I just think they pick poor places for smokers. Again, I have been a smoker and have used many of these sections. I wish they'd pick better locations.

The Big Thunder one in the MK isn't too bad. I wish they'd move the one on the walkway by the train station back to the seating area in Tomorrowland that's never used and used to be the smoking section. It was out of the way. But they stopped using it. It's like they want to put them in guests way so guests complain and they can get rid of them. Just my theory. But I think it'd be a mistake to do away with them, even if someone's anti-smoking.

Haymarket2008

So is this project all but completed? Will there be any more things added? And is there any more scuttle on the Muppet window show or is that not a thing?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was it ever?

Jim Hill and @Magic Feather...

Jim Hill discussed it on a recent premium podcast w/@lentesta. Sounds like Muppets along Grand Avenue heckling guests waiting for Star Wars Land - if that's what it is, I love it.

I heard an exciting new rumor about possibly getting some brand new park specific characters.

This was @Magenta Panther as I explained the details.

200.gif

Puppets.

Basically 5 new SoCal Hipsters characters created by The Muppets that "live in the condos on Grand Ave".

More Streetmosphere-ish than the Muppet show in Liberty square. They poke their heads out of the windows and interact with the folks standing in line for Star Wars.

"Hey! Anyone got a stamp? I want to send this analog text on by way down to the Tap House for a Double Triple Squared Unfiltered Pumpkin Quinoa Kosher IPA."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom