Pre-Trip My 1st Disney Christmas!! :)

Hi Friends!!

I am SO excited to be writing this PTR! I have dreamed of doing Christmas at Disney for years, and it's FINALLY happening!!! In my head it goes something like waking up at Disney on Christmas morning and opening presents in our room by the glow of our little tree. Then we head to the MK and it's empty and we frolic around the park for hours, smiling and singing carols with the CM's while sipping hot chocolate. For dinner we head over to LTT and have the perfect colonial Christmas dinner while eating by the fire.

Then I snap out of it! Especially after reading some of the comments on this site lol! I think I am prepared and know what to expect, this will be my 20th trip, but first one the week of Christmas! As of today we are 59 days out! Let's get started with some of the details!

21stamps

Pic for attention! This is waaaayyyy better than the one I posted earlier lol...and this post is about Christmas dinner so a Christmas-y pic fits. Kevin asked to see the menu for Mama Melrose yet again last night. That led to looking for reservations. We spotted 'Ohana and tried to book it, but it was gone in 3 seconds. Then we saw Whispering Canyon, but the same thing happened. Oh well!
View attachment 248863

That looks so pretty and cozy!!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
13 DAYS TO GO! Now it's REALLY hitting me that in less than 2 weeks we'll be there! Yesterday was the 2 week mark so most of our conversations went like this...

Me...''Ya know, this time 2 weeks from now we'll be on our way to FQ from the airport!''
Kevin...blank stare ....

Me...''It's 130 now, this time in 2 weeks we'll be in HS!''
Brook....rolls eyes...

Jerks lol

I also managed to snag and ADR for Teppan Edo on Christmas Day at 2:50 pm. I still have our Mama Melrose for 6:50 that evening, so we'll pick one as the time gets closer. I have text alerts set up for 'Ohana dinner as well.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
13 DAYS TO GO! Now it's REALLY hitting me that in less than 2 weeks we'll be there! Yesterday was the 2 week mark so most of our conversations went like this...

Me...''Ya know, this time 2 weeks from now we'll be on our way to FQ from the airport!''
Kevin...blank stare ....

Me...''It's 130 now, this time in 2 weeks we'll be in HS!''
Brook....rolls eyes...

Jerks lol

I also managed to snag and ADR for Teppan Edo on Christmas Day at 2:50 pm. I still have our Mama Melrose for 6:50 that evening, so we'll pick one as the time gets closer. I have text alerts set up for 'Ohana dinner as well.

Or you can come to Chef Art Smith's with us!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Also....... WE'RE OFFICIALLY ON THE EXTENDED WEATHER FORECAST!!!!

980x.jpg

Courtney6682

Original Poster
11 DAYS GUYS!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!

A few days ago Brook asked if I could try and switch our LTT ADR from Christmas Eve, to Christmas Day. I told her I would try, but even she knew it would be near impossible. I hatched a plan to check MDE as late as possible in the evening with the thought that after people get dinner and kids settled, trip planning would come later at night, meaning cancellations and changes. Lo and behold it WORKED! I checked the app right before midnight last night and there was a LTT ressie for Christmas Day lunch! Next, I had to find something great for Christmas Eve dinner. What popped up, but Whispering Canyon! Excellent, snagged it! Brook was so excited when I told her, and that's what it's all about!! Here are our new plans...which will not change again lol...

Arrival Day...Dec 24th
Depart PHL 615AM...Arrive MCO 850AM
ME to FQ
HS...
Star Tours..1:15-2:15
RnRC...2:20-3:20

ToT...3:55-4:55

Dinner @ Whispering Canyon 6:30pm

Christmas Day Dec 25th
MK
Space Mtn....9:25-10:25
Splash Mtn...11:15-12:15
BTMRR........12:20-1:20

Lunch @ Liberty Tree Tavern 1:05

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

A few days ago Brook asked if I could try and switch our LTT ADR from Christmas Eve, to Christmas Day. I told her I would try, but even she knew it would be near impossible. I hatched a plan to check MDE as late as possible in the evening with the thought that after people get dinner and kids settled, trip planning would come later at night, meaning cancellations and changes. Lo and behold it WORKED! I checked the app right before midnight last night and there was a LTT ressie for Christmas Day lunch! Next, I had to find something great for Christmas Eve dinner. What popped up, but Whispering Canyon! Excellent, snagged it! Brook was so excited when I told her, and that's what it's all about!! Here are our new plans...which will not change again lol...

Arrival Day...Dec 24th
ME to FQ
HS...

Christmas Day Dec 25th
MK

Yay!!! So glad it all worked out for you!!!

21stamps

Arrival Day...Dec 24th
ME to FQ
HS...

Christmas Day Dec 25th
MK

I think being at WL on Christmas Eve will be amazing, this is the best switch of all!!!! Great job on Brook for making you look for something.. great job on you for finding Whispering Canyon!
You can grab an after dinner cocktail at Territory Lounge, take drinks to sit by the fire for a bit.. then watch the EWP from outside.
That is Christmas Eve perfection in my eyes. :)

Sorry, got carried away..lol...do you have plans after dinner already?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I think being at WL on Christmas Eve will be amazing, this is the best switch of all!!!! Great job on Brook for making you look for something.. great job on you for finding Whispering Canyon!
You can grab an after dinner cocktail at Territory Lounge, take drinks to sit by the fire for a bit.. then watch the EWP from outside.

I didn't even catch that!! Hey @Courtney6682 maybe we'll see each other Christmas Eve! We're doing the holiday sleigh ride, then hoping to catch dinner and explore at WL!!

Courtney6682

Original Poster

No plans...but that's arrival day and we will be getting up around 4 that morning, so we may just eat, hang in the lobby then turn in. We'll see tho...I might be on that Disney adrenaline lol

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That's awesome!! What time is the sleigh ride?(which sounds amazing btw) Dinner is at 630 for us lol...you know where to find me;)

Ours is at 5 pm, and takes around half an hour. Then (thanks to @Tuvalu for guiding me here) we're going to take a shuttle up to WL and check out the decorations, eat dinner (probably grab burgers from Geyser Point) and maybe have some cocoa before huffing it back to the hotel to try to catch a semi normal bedtime for the toddler.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom