News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney's done very little for May the Fourth Be With You Day. Even less for revenge of the Fifth. Puns are only for food carts and mansion ghosts.

Merch galore:

6e45690200b750bc6448bd8c60697d3f--star-wars-day-pins.jpg

BrianLo

Original Poster
Disney's done very little for May the Fourth Be With You Day. Even less for revenge of the Fifth. Puns are only for food carts and mansion ghosts.

I think the best example of their lack of caring is Avengers coming out on May 4th next year and Solo three weeks later on May 25th.

Towards everyone's speculation - Avengers 4 comes out the weekend of May 4th 2019. Not that the studios and parks are the same marketing machine, but they are somewhat the same marketing machine. I think SW:GE is an exception where they may not want to stack two 'events' against one another for the media/public attention

Last edited:

TROR

I think the best example of their lack of caring is Avengers coming out on May 4th next year and Solo three weeks later on May 25th.

Towards everyone's speculation - Avengers 4 comes out the weekend of May 4th 2019. Not that the studios and parks are the same marketing machine, but they are somewhat the same marketing machine. I think SW:GE is an exception where they may not want to stack two 'events' against one another for the media/public attention
Avengers 4 actually comes out May 3rd 2019. Avengers 3 comes out May 4th 2018. Your point still stands though imo.

SuddenStorm

Holy cow, Disney's gonna kill it in the box office that month, and that's not counting all the other films they have coming out.

BrianLo

Original Poster
End of the month...you know what that means!

Love it. I appreciate all the other bloggers, but I think we've reached a point that the 'easy' views are drying up and they are not really capturing the whole village formation adequately. Unlike Yensid.

Everyone wondering what I keep yammering on about the secondary berm that will block Mickey and Friends, check out minute 14:00 for the explanation from him!

GiveMeTheMusic

The first weekend of May release date has made Marvel films billions of dollars, so May the 4th isn't really a consideration when scheduling Avengers release dates.

I think releasing Solo three weeks later is a mistake, but that's just me.

BrianLo

Original Poster
The first weekend of May release date has made Marvel films billions of dollars, so May the 4th isn't really a consideration when scheduling Avengers release dates.

I think releasing Solo three weeks later is a mistake, but that's just me.

Ya, I know there are many other motivations behind these thing (past success).

I agree, the proximity of the two is a mistake. Solo should have at least shuffled with Incredibles 2. Dis has had a lot of middling results with that late May time slot in the past few years. It will be interesting to watch.

D

Deleted member 107043

....Aaaaand more SILA footage:

The north end of ROA is going to be pretty impressive once all this is done. The sense of depth from various vantage points looking towards SW:GE is going to be iconic and unique to DL. It's clear now why the shoreline rockwork was kept low; the designers deliberately incorporated the SW rocky landscape into the scenery as a backdrop rather than try to hide it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom