Pre-Trip Yes, Virginia, There is a going to be another Prophet TR...

Well we’ve just passed the 30 day threshold so I might as well put this out there. We’re at it again! You were with us in 2015 and again in 2016 so why not come along for 2017! This year we leave the in-laws at home but the kid is bringing a friend! So here are the details:

Who: DW(@imahistorygeek), DD(TheKid), and ME(@lostpro9het) We will also bring a friend of TheKid’s who I will call “The Fourth Wheel”
CRew2.jpeg

When: Dec17-Dec22

Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo 1-bdrm value villa

We will be changing things up a little this year and will by trying out a food delivery service and attempt to cook in the room for a few dinners! We did line up a few ADRs but I’ll get into that a little later. I’m still on the fence about a live or a post TR, probably post so I can enjoy the time. Anyway, that’s it for now I’ll post more fun facts soon!

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Ha! You were up in my neck o' the woods! (I'm just outside of Cape Cod.)
Me Too! I live a little north of Boston.
So glad you had a Great time in Mass. Were you in the city?
Could you do a thanksgiving TR?
Also Vacation Creep is a real thing! YOLO.
We were all over the state! Spent the nights in Peabody, Burlington, Leominster, and Revere. We hit up the Freedom Trail, Salem, Concord/Lexington, and some of my old stopping grounds west of Worcester. Being married to a history buff who also spawned a history buff, the trip was a huge success and already got them thinking about future Mass trips to The Cape and the Lizzie Borden House. I tried and failed to make it into Treehouse brewery so I've got some reasons to come back too ;):). I did get to make it to Wachusett but apparently Treehouse is the brewery to visit.

I'm not sure my notes on a week we spent in Mass would be very entertaining on a Disney forum.

Following also, loved your past TRs
Awesome, thanks!

Pixieish

We were all over the state! Spent the nights in Peabody, Burlington, Leominster, and Revere. We hit up the Freedom Trail, Salem, Concord/Lexington, and some of my old stopping grounds west of Worcester. Being married to a history buff who also spawned a history buff, the trip was a huge success and already got them thinking about future Mass trips to The Cape and the Lizzie Borden House. I tried and failed to make it into Treehouse brewery so I've got some reasons to come back too ;):). I did get to make it to Wachusett but apparently Treehouse is the brewery to visit.

I'm not sure my notes on a week we spent in Mass would be very entertaining on a Disney forum.

Awesome, thanks!
Sounds like you guys had a great time!!! Peabody, Revere and Salem are all part of our old stomping grounds as hubby is from Lynnfield, and we spent some time living in Everett for it's proximity to the city. Good times!

Don't forget to add Plymouth to your list of historic sites! (Contrary to popular belief, there's much more than just a rock and a boat, lmao!)

mcstensrud

Awesome, thanks!
Wow you went everywhere,I live one town over from Salem!
It’s a small world after all!
Thanks for the mini TR.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Sounds like you guys had a great time!!! Peabody, Revere and Salem are all part of our old stomping grounds as hubby is from Lynnfield, and we spent some time living in Everett for it's proximity to the city. Good times!

Don't forget to add Plymouth to your list of historic sites! (Contrary to popular belief, there's much more than just a rock and a boat, lmao!)
Oh yes, Plymouth is on the list too! We really neglected most of the south east of the state. It just did not work out with our list of todo's this trip.

Wow you went everywhere,I live one town over from Salem!
It’s a small world after all!
Thanks for the mini TR.
It sure is a small one! It had been so long since I was last there in the Fall that I forgot how dark it gets early!

Props to JetBlue, too! It was our first time flying with them as they don't have too many flights here in the ATL and it was a fantastic experience.

mcstensrud

Oh yes, Plymouth is on the list too! We really neglected most of the south east of the state. It just did not work out with our list of todo's this trip.

It sure is a small one! It had been so long since I was last there in the Fall that I forgot how dark it gets early!

Props to JetBlue, too! It was our first time flying with them as they don't have too many flights here in the ATL and it was a fantastic experience.
We absolutely love Jet Blue. Wouldn’t fly any one else.

dclfan

You guy's were so close to me. I grew up in NYC and now me and my fiancé live on the coast of NH near Portsmouth. You should definitely make it up this way next time your in the Boston/ MA area. If your a history buff you will love "strawberry bank" in Portsmouth. It is an outdoor living history museum directly across from the old waterfront. You can walk through the whole town exactly as it were back in the day. Everyone is dressed up and it's really a lot of fun. The homes are original too which makes it that much more interesting.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Sorry- the only thing I got out of these thread was "Missed out on Treehouse". Lol
HA! Yeah, it was a minor disappointment but a lesson learned on how popular they are. I will factor more time for them on a future visit. The only concession I have is that the two guarantee brews they were distributing that day were IPAs and I'm not a huge IPA fan, not that I didn't want to try new beer. I did get to try 4 Wachusett brews, a Bantam, a Notch, a Sumerville, a Jacks Abby, and a Shipyard so it wasn't a total loss on the Mass beer front.

OH! BTW, You all are soooo lucky to have the British Beer Company chain! Before this trip we had never heard of them and that place is fantastic! For beer, anyway.

CtDisneyGuy33

I live about 1.5 hours from there but if you even think of going, you need to get there crazy early. I usually go for 6-7am Its insane. Honestly, their beers are ok but I didnt think were earth shattering. Shipyard and Jacks Abbey(Smoke and Dagger is a fave) are very good- especially if you like dark beers. I have had the Wachusetts Blueberry, very good as well. The new england area has blown up with good beers in the past couple years. Salem Ma has a new brewery I think. I was supposed to go up for Halloween but didnt make it, but have been a bunch of times

I have been to the BBC and their stuff is great. They have lots of good beers for sure. They are several in Mass that Ive hit.

Next time you come up Mass/CT way, you need to check out Two Roads Brewery and Stony Creek. Honestly, 2 of the best breweries Ive hit anywhere. But you definitely sound like you did well on your trip

And as you know, I'm always watching your reports for great new beers! (And Disney knowledge of course)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
You guy's were so close to me. I grew up in NYC and now me and my fiancé live on the coast of NH near Portsmouth. You should definitely make it up this way next time your in the Boston/ MA area. If your a history buff you will love "strawberry bank" in Portsmouth. It is an outdoor living history museum directly across from the old waterfront. You can walk through the whole town exactly as it were back in the day. Everyone is dressed up and it's really a lot of fun. The homes are original too which makes it that much more interesting.

Awesome, Strawberry Bank is still there. I don't know why but it popped into my head recently; I worked in the little coffee/sandwich shop there one summer in high school some 30ish years ago.

dclfan

Awesome, Strawberry Bank is still there. I don't know why but it popped into my head recently; I worked in the little coffee/sandwich shop there one summer in high school some 30ish years ago.

Omg that’s too funny, small world. Yes it is still alive and well. Even the coffee/sandwich shop is still there. Its one of my favorite places to walk around especially now it is all decorated for Christmas they have ice skating and Carolers. I’ve only lived here about 4 years but my fiancé is from the area and he said strawberry bank and the whole downtown/waterfront is nicer then it has ever been.

imahistorygeek

@lostpro9het has jury duty this week, so it's left up to me to keep you apprised of our travel plans.

juryduty1.gif

You may have noticed the fancy DCL planning guide. It's not our 20/40 extravaganza. That's in May. It's for the following October during our actual anniversary. It's a WDW/Disney Dream sandwich.

Sean has long mentioned the creep. You know the creep. The creep is a given in our vacation plans. Well, this year, the creep almost didn't happen. I have renamed Sophie aka The Kid to Ruiner of the Creep. She has a job and can only work weekends. We leave on a Sunday (she took the day off). We discussed leaving on a Saturday because why not. Well, lo and behold, Ruiner of the Creep has to work all day on that Saturday. What does this mean for us? Well, we're usually up before sunrise to drive, but not this time.:cry: We're leaving around 6pm to head to the halfway point, Tifton.

That means we'll make WDW before noon on Sunday instead of the afternoon on Sunday.

I know all of this sounds like First World Problems, but we like to maximize every minute of our vacations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom