News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

*Q*

I really want to know what ship it's gong to be based off of...
Titanic.0.0.jpg

Gotcha, that's good to know, because I was just looking at maps of SW in DL and it looks like there's an expansion pad to the east (according to Micechat), plus Toon Town if they want to go nuts.
Rather than being nuts, I think building Toontown would actually indicate a level of sanity that has eluded WDP&R for quite some time now.

Bulldog1653

Toontown actually would not be a bad idea. That could be very interesting. Could you imagine a Star Wars storm trooper messing around in Toontown? I can just imagine a storm trooper trying to capture Mickey Mouse or something LOL

Maeryk

Really wouldn't know what other IP they could use for another's experience in Orlando.

You are thinking too small.. why limit it to Orlando? Walt originally intended parks all over the place. I'm sure if this works, and Disney can consistently pull say, 3K/head for a 3 day 2 night "experience", they will be building them all over the place. A Disney Avengers Experience in New York.. or whatever.

Maeryk

Just on principle, I can't deny that I wish that smartphones were blocked in the parks, LOL. And most integration ideas make me roll my eyes. That, though - kinda cool. I expect that type of stuff in SWL.

Like it or not, smartphone/device based interaction is going to go up, rather than down. It's cheap, it's easy to implement, it makes people happy, it's viewed as a "free ad on" and gives them handy instant feedback, tracking, and crowd satisfaction metrics.

AEfx

Like it or not, smartphone/device based interaction is going to go up, rather than down. It's cheap, it's easy to implement, it makes people happy, it's viewed as a "free ad on" and gives them handy instant feedback, tracking, and crowd satisfaction metrics.

Oh, I completely understand. It's just the Luddite in me admitting my secret personal wish that the world wasn't that way. ;)

HauntedMansionFLA

Will there be Stormtroppers standing guard to keep people who aren't guest out of the hotel? If I'm paying $1000 per night, I don't want Billy Joe Jim Bob and his family taking a break from their All Star Sports Resort stay to come crashing the SW fun.

Maeryk

Will there be Stormtroppers standing guard to keep people who aren't guest out of the hotel? If I'm paying $1000 per night, I don't want Billy Joe Jim Bob and his family taking a break from their All Star Sports Resort stay to come crashing the SW fun.

It appears that it's registered guests only. If you read back through this thread, you'll find some who believe you'll be able to "tour" it.. but I'm thinking it will be like the resort pools are now.. if you don't have specific badge access, you aren't getting in. This isn't just another Disney hotel on property, by all accounts. This is a whole new ball of wax, a premium offering, and only available to those willing to pony up the coin. Not quite club 33 level, but as evidenced by the continued fullness of said club, Disney can, and does, offer completely exclusive, very expensive, offerings that you can't check out unless you are a member.

nickys

Premium Member
Would it be surprising if this was to open around the same time the land does?

Wow! Given they've already started on Riviera, which by definition will have far less by way of theming, they'll need to be getting started on it soon then! Any idea what kind of capacity it's planned to have?

trainplane3

If this does open at the end of 2019, then I'm just excited that we might get to see a "high-speed build" from Disney. It'd be more exciting to watch than the typical construction projects Disney does.

raymusiccity

In my opinion, extremely surprising. That being said, it's been difficult for me to imagine just how big it will be and just how immersive it will be. Both of those would (obviously) influence construction time.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the work has already begun. Bay Lake Tower caught a lot of people off guard!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom