News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

rd805

I hope we hear something soon if this Project is still on... I am thinking D23 Japan (doubt it though) or maybe the Shareholders meeting?
Who knows...?

They announced so much at D23, that they really don't need to for sometime. In a perfect world, they'd start preparing the land for construction, but that's not really the Disney way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They have plenty of things announced now. If they announce too much people postpone their vacations.

But they have sat largely stagnant for a decade while Bob bought the world...and if you noticed the last financial announcements (and those for two years prior...) parks is the only thing really working to put air in Bob's golden parachute...

They really can't "wait"...

The can not announce and start building...which is the way it should be anyway.

rd805

I truly hope if this is a new attraction it’s not Brave.

Have 0 interest in Brave and thought the movie was below average.

I think a ride could be really well done and would be a cool addition to WS, but i agree -- the movie was a big MISS for me too.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Boy I love it when the Internet "confirms" things with no details and full plausible deniability

It's not "the Internet." In fact, I usually don't include rumors from "the Internet" in the rumor tracker. Instead, this is information from insiders. They've seen stuff or know people. Usually, because they work for Disney or a related field. The insiders here have a good track record.

WRT to the UK ride, they were saying it's a possibility with several options. Now, they're saying it's all but decided, but they won't say exactly what the nature of the ride is to protect their sources.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not "the Internet." In fact, I usually don't include rumors from "the Internet" in the rumor tracker. Instead, this is information from insiders. They've seen stuff or know people. Usually, because they work for Disney or a related field. The insiders here have a good track record.

WRT to the UK ride, they were saying it's a possibility with several options. Now, they're saying it's all but decided, but they won't say exactly what the nature of the ride is to protect their sources.

In my experience...the only "insiders" are Robert A. Iger and the board of directors..

I tend to believe it when the trucks start rolling in and the fence goes up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

This paragraph is kinda like Swiss cheese...holes everywhere...

But we'll wait and see.

I don't see this fascination with the idea that Disney builds rides based on one and done standalone movies...

...probably because they have rarely if ever done it in the modern era...

Brave doesn't quite equate to me...even though I love me some Scots. A property like ratatouille makes sense in Euro...brave in epcot? Not so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom