News Magical Express to pickup 4 hours before flight departure time due to new security measures

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
I haven't had to deal with security in LAX in years, but MCO is one of those places that seems on the verge of chaos at all times.
At least they have the common sense to spread people out across numerous lines. At LAX they put everyone into one line which stretches for miles around the terminal. At least that's how it always was at the AA terminal.

raymusiccity

I haven't had to deal with security in LAX in years, but MCO is one of those places that seems on the verge of chaos at all times.

IMG_2240.JPG

TeriofTerror

As I recall, MCO is undergoing a lot of construction and therefore is recommending passengers arrive at the airport three hours before their flight. That ME therefore needs to pick you up an additional hour before that isn't surprising. It's irksome, but not nearly as bad as missing your flight. This one isn't Disney's fault. If anything, I'm surprised Disney waited so long to make this change, as MCO made that recommendation months ago.
ETA: Here's a link to the official recommendation from MCO, as well as the first instance I recall of seeing this suggestion.

Last edited:

Greg H

So, the flight for my January trip leaves at 7am. Any idea how this is going to work?

We live in Canada and I believe it was always 3-4 hours before scheduled departure for us. One trip we had a departure flight early in the morning. I think it was around 6-7 am. It was brutal. Had to be up and to the bus around 3 am... After that we actually started booking our flight for the day after our last day at Disney. That way we were able to enjoy our last Disney day for as long as we wanted. We then would take Disney transport to the airport where we would just check in for a night at the hotel in the airport. Catching that early morning flight is not so bad when you can just get up and walk to security...

lazyboy97o

I give that title to LAX.
Having recently been in LAX and MCO, MCO was definitely worse.

At least they have the common sense to spread people out across numerous lines. At LAX they put everyone into one line which stretches for miles around the terminal. At least that's how it always was at the AA terminal.
Multiple lines are a big problem at MCO. They split up and merge at different points and you get the frustration of people in lines that grind to a halt, or being sent down an “open” line that weaves around the area six times. A single lines means everyone is moving even when there is a slow down at one screening station.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

So glad I'm going through the PreCheck approval process now. *sarcasm* Get to waltz through security and then sit around in the terminal for an extra hour? Bah.

We live in Canada and I believe it was always 3-4 hours before scheduled departure for us.

Yup, international flights have always had an hour earlier pickup.

Edit: Just read the full post, its expected to only be through Jan 2018? Anyone know if this is a trial run, or if they are in the middle of implementing a new process that will screw up the links until they fully get it rolled out?

Pixieish

So glad I'm going through the PreCheck approval process now. *sarcasm* Get to waltz through security and then sit around in the terminal for an extra hour? Bah.

Yup, international flights have always had an hour earlier pickup.

Edit: Just read the full post, its expected to only be through Jan 2018? Anyone know if this is a trial run, or if they are in the middle of implementing a new process that will screw up the links until they fully get it rolled out?
A friend of mine was told by a TSA agent that it's a trial run. I'm hoping they ditch it because swabbing each and every food package is a tad over the top. I don't mind the thorough checking of electronics, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom