Best restaurant

Ade

We usually eat pretty cheap at Disney and like to splurge on one nice meal. If you had to choose the one best sit down meal what would you choose? Can be breakfast or dinner. Thx!

Ade

Original Poster
Park doesn’t matter. Could be at a resort too. Under $200 for our family of five (kids 10, 8, 5). Time doesn’t matter. We like pretty much everything.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

BOG is one of the top ADR's guests compete for. The theming, atmosphere and food quality is worth splurging on. Weve always had great meals and service when weve dined there. We are hitting it twice on our upcoming trip. We enjoy the West wing the best.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

My recommendations for a party of your size/ages (and two of my own family's favorites) would be: 'Ohana dinner (Polynesian) or Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue dinner (multiple showings, seating category 2) (Fort Wilderness Campground). The problem is the prices: pre-tax sticker price of 'Ohana would be $210 before gratuity and $250 after, and HDD would be $290 (note that the gratuity IS included in the sticker price of this meal) for your party of 5 (3 "adults" which is anybody 10 and over in Disney terms, and 2 children).

A nice dinner in keeping with your budget might be the all-you-care-to-enjoy Thanksgiving-style meal at Liberty Tree Tavern (MK, ~$150). Be Our Guest is still very in-demand, as well -- since ordering there is a la carte, what it costs will depend on what you order.

To stay in-budget, you could also go with a breakfast (e.g., $155 for Cape May at Beach Club; $150 for Crystal Palace in MK, 'Ohana at the Poly, or the Bon Voyage breakfast at Boardwalk; $130 for Tusker House in AK). My personal feeling is that if I'm going to pay way more for a meal than it's worth, I'd rather have it be a hearty dinner with a variety of foods, than a bland, same-breakfast-they-serve-everywhere-on-property platter of cold eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit and waffles, so admittedly, I don't recommend breakfasts. Plus, I hate to give up morning touring time, but YMMV. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

officialtom

'Ohana at the Poly or Boma at AKL. Both are delicious, off the beaten path, and very well themed. The bonus at 'Ohana if you eat late is that you may get a fireworks view table. We've been to Boma 4 or 5 times and I'm not tired of it yet.

Upvote 0

Herdman

I was also going to say Boma at AKL. We are staying there and having breakfast there for the first time on our trip next May. I really haven't heard anything bad about the restaurant, and you have the added benefit of taking the kids to the savannah viewing area to see the animals after you eat.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Kona Cafe for the latest breakfast ADR possible (11am) thereby making it brunch but allowing you touring time at the MK that morning before it gets crowded. Tonga Toast with strawberry compote and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes!

Upvote 0

Ade

Original Poster
'Ohana at the Poly or Boma at AKL. Both are delicious, off the beaten path, and very well themed. The bonus at 'Ohana if you eat late is that you may get a fireworks view table. We've been to Boma 4 or 5 times and I'm not tired of it yet.

Thanks! We’ve done Boma for breakfast but never dinner. Absolutely love it there!

Upvote 0

Ade

Original Poster
I was also going to say Boma at AKL. We are staying there and having breakfast there for the first time on our trip next May. I really haven't heard anything bad about the restaurant, and you have the added benefit of taking the kids to the savannah viewing area to see the animals after you eat.

We love the breakfast there! Have done it the last two trips we’ve taken. Never had dinner there though.

Upvote 0

Ade

Original Poster
My recommendations for a party of your size/ages (and two of my own family's favorites) would be: 'Ohana dinner (Polynesian) or Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue dinner (multiple showings, seating category 2) (Fort Wilderness Campground). The problem is the prices: pre-tax sticker price of 'Ohana would be $210 before gratuity and $250 after, and HDD would be $290 (note that the gratuity IS included in the sticker price of this meal) for your party of 5 (3 "adults" which is anybody 10 and over in Disney terms, and 2 children).

A nice dinner in keeping with your budget might be the all-you-care-to-enjoy Thanksgiving-style meal at Liberty Tree Tavern (MK, ~$150). Be Our Guest is still very in-demand, as well -- since ordering there is a la carte, what it costs will depend on what you order.

To stay in-budget, you could also go with a breakfast (e.g., $155 for Cape May at Beach Club; $150 for Crystal Palace in MK, 'Ohana at the Poly, or the Bon Voyage breakfast at Boardwalk; $130 for Tusker House in AK). My personal feeling is that if I'm going to pay way more for a meal than it's worth, I'd rather have it be a hearty dinner with a variety of foods, than a bland, same-breakfast-they-serve-everywhere-on-property platter of cold eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit and waffles, so admittedly, I don't recommend breakfasts. Plus, I hate to give up morning touring time, but YMMV. :)

Thanks so much! This is very helpful!

Upvote 0

Ade

Original Poster
BOG is one of the top ADR's guests compete for. The theming, atmosphere and food quality is worth splurging on. Weve always had great meals and service when weve dined there. We are hitting it twice on our upcoming trip. We enjoy the West wing the best.

This is a top contender for sure. Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

correcaminos

My husband and I have eaten at Sanaa once and it was delicious!
We stumbled on it years ago. We asked our then 6yo where they wanted to eat while we were enjoying our first day at AKL and after looking at menus Sanaa was chosen. We all loved it so much we went back a few nights later. It's one we've repeated many times and never disappointed!

Upvote 0

Seeshark

Just throwing out a second thumbs up for Skipper Canteen. I really enjoyed that dinner. Menu is off the beaten path. I also really like Teppan Edo. The kids might really like Whispering Canyon Café - that's a fun place. Boma, Tusker House and Biergarten are up there too for me, though I prefer non-buffets. I also don't usually do the big sit-down breakfasts either...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom