1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Best restaurant

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by Ade, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:15 PM.

1. Ade

Ade New Member

We usually eat pretty cheap at Disney and like to splurge on one nice meal. If you had to choose the one best sit down meal what would you choose? Can be breakfast or dinner. Thx!

2. networkpro

networkpro Well-Known Member

Which park, what cuisines do y'all prefer, have any picky eaters, what price point are you looking at, how long to you want to spend eating ?

Ade, Courtney6682 and officialtom like this.
  3. Ade

Ade New Member Original Poster

Park doesn’t matter. Could be at a resort too. Under $200 for our family of five (kids 10, 8, 5). Time doesn’t matter. We like pretty much everything.

4. JIMINYCR

JIMINYCR Well-Known Member

BOG is one of the top ADR's guests compete for. The theming, atmosphere and food quality is worth splurging on. Weve always had great meals and service when weve dined there. We are hitting it twice on our upcoming trip. We enjoy the West wing the best.

Ade likes this.
  5. Mr Ferret 88

Mr Ferret 88 Situational swearer Premium Member

O'hana dinner.

Ade, Courtney6682 and officialtom like this.
  6. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

My recommendations for a party of your size/ages (and two of my own family's favorites) would be: 'Ohana dinner (Polynesian) or Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue dinner (multiple showings, seating category 2) (Fort Wilderness Campground). The problem is the prices: pre-tax sticker price of 'Ohana would be $210 before gratuity and $250 after, and HDD would be $290 (note that the gratuity IS included in the sticker price of this meal) for your party of 5 (3 "adults" which is anybody 10 and over in Disney terms, and 2 children).

A nice dinner in keeping with your budget might be the all-you-care-to-enjoy Thanksgiving-style meal at Liberty Tree Tavern (MK, ~$150). Be Our Guest is still very in-demand, as well -- since ordering there is a la carte, what it costs will depend on what you order.

To stay in-budget, you could also go with a breakfast (e.g., $155 for Cape May at Beach Club; $150 for Crystal Palace in MK, 'Ohana at the Poly, or the Bon Voyage breakfast at Boardwalk; $130 for Tusker House in AK). My personal feeling is that if I'm going to pay way more for a meal than it's worth, I'd rather have it be a hearty dinner with a variety of foods, than a bland, same-breakfast-they-serve-everywhere-on-property platter of cold eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit and waffles, so admittedly, I don't recommend breakfasts. Plus, I hate to give up morning touring time, but YMMV. :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 2:58 PM
  7. Bullseye1967

Bullseye1967 Active Member

My vote would also be O'hana. It is one of our favorites for years.

Ade likes this.
  8. officialtom

officialtom Well-Known Member

'Ohana at the Poly or Boma at AKL. Both are delicious, off the beaten path, and very well themed. The bonus at 'Ohana if you eat late is that you may get a fireworks view table. We've been to Boma 4 or 5 times and I'm not tired of it yet.

Ade and Bullseye1967 like this.
  9. Herdman

Herdman Well-Known Member

I was also going to say Boma at AKL. We are staying there and having breakfast there for the first time on our trip next May. I really haven't heard anything bad about the restaurant, and you have the added benefit of taking the kids to the savannah viewing area to see the animals after you eat.

Ade likes this.
  10. JillC LI

JillC LI Well-Known Member

Kona Cafe for the latest breakfast ADR possible (11am) thereby making it brunch but allowing you touring time at the MK that morning before it gets crowded. Tonga Toast with strawberry compote and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes!

Ade and Bullseye1967 like this.
  11. JTT

JTT Well-Known Member

'Ohana or Kona at the Poly

Ade likes this.
  12. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

Spice Road Table, Sanaa or Skipper Canteen.

We don't tend to like the food much at what is seemingly the popular places. Not that it's horrible to us, just that the food isn't the best tasting to us.

Ade likes this.
  13. Ade

Thanks! We’ve done Boma for breakfast but never dinner. Absolutely love it there!

officialtom likes this.
  14. Ade

We love the breakfast there! Have done it the last two trips we’ve taken. Never had dinner there though.

15. Ade

My husband and I have eaten at Sanaa once and it was delicious!

NYBaloo and helenabear like this.
  16. Ade

Thanks so much! This is very helpful!

17. Ade

This is a top contender for sure. Thanks so much!

18. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

We stumbled on it years ago. We asked our then 6yo where they wanted to eat while we were enjoying our first day at AKL and after looking at menus Sanaa was chosen. We all loved it so much we went back a few nights later. It's one we've repeated many times and never disappointed!

Ade likes this.