'Maria and Enzo' Italian Restaurant coming to Disney Springs this fall

tnemgif

I see nothing wrong with the logos. I think they look very good and on target.
Ok. Maybe it’s just my taste :)

Not really talking about the style, but the execution. Maybe some other designers have an opinion on these, but fonts/alignments/ratios seem really off. I wouldn’t typically comment negatively on something like this. But these seem really (shockingly) bad to me.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It seems like the construction for this has been going on for EVER!!

This project definitely ran into some issues between when it started and now. The Edison was planned from the very beginning but it looks like the concept for the rest of the area changed at some point along the way. There was clearly a period of time where construction slowed to crawl or stopped completely.

bhg469

This project definitely ran into some issues between when it started and now. The Edison was planned from the very beginning but it looks like the concept for the rest of the area changed at some point along the way. There was clearly a period of time where construction slowed to crawl or stopped completely.
I don't think I ever really read what the original plans were, but I guess this idea seems really boring to me. I mean, pasta and pizza in florida? I get people love blaze and all, but when I am in the florida heat, a carb heavy meal does not sound that great... but I dont know what would sound good to be honest... There is already so much good food there...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't think I ever really read what the original plans were, but I guess this idea seems really boring to me. I mean, pasta and pizza in florida? I get people love blaze and all, but when I am in the florida heat, a carb heavy meal does not sound that great... but I dont know what would sound good to be honest... There is already so much good food there...

These venues originally went by the names Walt's and The Neverland Tunnels. It's not clear how much change in concept came with the change in names. I also remember seeing some oddities in the permit filings over the years for this project which also leads me to believe there was a change in plans at some point.

Jon81uk

Why does Enzo's BAR have to be a restaurant? Whats wrong with it just being a bar? there are so many places to get food at Disney Springs, why not make one where you can't get food?

RSoxNo1

Ok. Maybe it’s just my taste :)

Not really talking about the style, but the execution. Maybe some other designers have an opinion on these, but fonts/alignments/ratios seem really off. I wouldn’t typically comment negatively on something like this. But these seem really (shockingly) bad to me.
Just you and Walt's Frozen Head on twitter. They're logos. If the logos are going to ruin the experience for you, that's on you.

Jon81uk

it is a bar it says?

It is described in the quote from Patina restaurants "Enzo’s Hideaway, a separate restaurant in what were said to be rum-running tunnels,"
and the description says it will serve pasta dishes so sounds like more than just bar snacks.
"Enzo’s Hideaway – a speakeasy inspired by Roman aperitivo bars, located in the storied rum-runner tunnels that adjoin Maria & Enzo’s. Inspired by Florida’s true history of rum running, Enzo’s Hideaway will pour Prohibition-era cocktails at its Tunnel Bar and serve a casual menu of hearty Roman dishes, such as the city’s legendary Bucatini alla Carbonara (hollow spaghetti with creamy egg and pancetta sauce) and Tonnarelli Cacio e Pepe (square-cut spaghetti with pecorino and black pepper)."
from http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/mari...e-officially-announced-for-disney-springs.htm

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It is described in the quote from Patina restaurants "Enzo’s Hideaway, a separate restaurant in what were said to be rum-running tunnels,"
and the description says it will serve pasta dishes so sounds like more than just bar snacks.
"Enzo’s Hideaway – a speakeasy inspired by Roman aperitivo bars, located in the storied rum-runner tunnels that adjoin Maria & Enzo’s. Inspired by Florida’s true history of rum running, Enzo’s Hideaway will pour Prohibition-era cocktails at its Tunnel Bar and serve a casual menu of hearty Roman dishes, such as the city’s legendary Bucatini alla Carbonara (hollow spaghetti with creamy egg and pancetta sauce) and Tonnarelli Cacio e Pepe (square-cut spaghetti with pecorino and black pepper)."
from http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/mari...e-officially-announced-for-disney-springs.htm
And now I am craving pasta!

Casper Gutman

So no Walt's or Neverland Tunnels.

Man, Disney Springs really seems to be ashamed of the whole "Disney" thing.

I just don't see the appeal of the Springs. If I want to relax, eat at a restaurant, and wander around a pleasant environment, it seems like going to one of the WDW hotels is a much more pleasing option then the Springs.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I just don't see the appeal of the Springs. If I want to relax, eat at a restaurant, and wander around a pleasant environment, it seems like going to one of the WDW hotels is a much more pleasing option then the Springs.

Enzo's Hideway is the neverland tunnels from what I understand. Seems they just found a theme/story that works better for the area.

bluetiedye

Disney Springs seems like a modern, probably better version of what it used to be (the Downtown Disney days) -- that is, often one of the best place in town for locals to go for nightlife, and visitors fed off of that energy. Fifteen years later though, locals can't be bothers to drive 40 minutes to what is now not even as good as downtown Orlando itself.

Back then, it was nice that it wasn't so "Disney." But in hindsight, you're right that they'd probably be better off embracing their brand a little bit more.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
Disney Springs seems like a modern, probably better version of what it used to be (the Downtown Disney days) -- that is, often one of the best place in town for locals to go for nightlife, and visitors fed off of that energy. Fifteen years later though, locals can't be bothers to drive 40 minutes to what is now not even as good as downtown Orlando itself.

Back then, it was nice that it wasn't so "Disney." But in hindsight, you're right that they'd probably be better off embracing their brand a little bit more.

The Adventuers Club always kept me entertained until closing, every time I went there. It was the same for everyone I knew, dentists, teachers, mechanics, it didn’t matter the level of education or age. I don’t understand why that venue disappeared. If it was not profitable enough, I don’t understand why Disney didn’t work at making it or a reiteration of it profitable. I know I’m not alone. That said, has anyone found anything in the new WDW, or anywhere in Orlando for that matter, that creates something similar to the Adventurer Club. Better yet, any hopes it will re-emerge?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The Art of Disney
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney PhotoPass
Disney’s Candy Cauldron
Disney’s Day of Christmas
Disney’s Pin Trader
Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories
Goofy’s Candy Company
The Lego Store (has plenty of Disney IP)
D-Tech on Demand
Disney Centerpiece
Disney Tag
Twenty Eight & Main
Wonderground Gallery
Mickey’s Pantry
Once Upon a Toy (has plenty of Disney IP)
Star Wars Galactic Outpost
Star Wars Trading Post
Star Wars Secrets of the Empire (VR experience)
Trend-D
Uniqlo (has plenty of Disney IP)
World of Disney (largest Disney shop)
Amorette’s Patisserie (has Disney inspired food)
B.B. Wolf (it’s the name)
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar (S.E.A. and Indy references)
Seasonal
Stitch Scavenger Hunt
Disney–themed Christmas tree trail​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom