Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
I'm guessing that means that their preliminary work on the ride and its effects are really that good. Our insiders have said it would be top notch, but, this is an extra level of confidence on the part of Disney.

They are very confident in the attraction, but it's also going to be a lot cheaper to clone it at DLR than it would be to build an Arendelle mini-land expansion, which was previously planned.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
Which rumor for an Arendelle mini-land are we talking about? I've heard the expansion pad next to Galaxy's Edge, most of ToonTown and the Hollywood Backlot.

I've not been aware of any plans for Arendelle that involved DCA (which doesn't mean they haven't existed).

Wow Toontown has 9 lives.

EDIT: whoops- didn't realize it had to take all of Toontown. Will it though? Is Fantasyland theatre gone too? Is Roger safe?

The Fantasyland Theater won't be affected, as the Mickey show building won't span the railroad tracks. I don't think Roger is safe, sadly. The footprint for this ride is huge and Toontown is small. I'm not sure how much of it will be left, if any. Hoping to hear more details about that soon.

BrianLo

I've not been aware of any plans for Arendelle that involved DCA (which doesn't mean they haven't existed).

The Fantasyland Theater won't be affected, as the Mickey show building won't span the railroad tracks. I don't think Roger is safe, sadly. The footprint for this ride is huge and Toontown is small. I'm not sure how much of it will be left, if any. Hoping to hear more details about that soon.

Thanks. I think in terms of placement the ride concept we always thought (Mickey boat ride through the ages of famous scenes) made more sense in DCA. What the ride actually is screams toontown.

What seems crazy to me is that the girls still aren’t getting a dedicated mega attraction anywhere. I guess Hong Kong’s FEA is it, hopefully that at least has some tweaks and a capacity bump.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
Thanks. I think in terms of placement the ride concept we always thought (Mickey boat ride through the ages of famous scenes) made more sense in DCA. What the ride actually is screams toontown.

What seems crazy to me is that the girls still aren’t getting a dedicated mega attraction anywhere. I guess Hong Kong’s FEA is it, hopefully that at least has some tweaks and a capacity bump.

TDS will still get its Frozen port eventually. Frozen is just too popular there to ignore it.

Frankly I'm blown away that a Frozen expansion isn't ready for SDL. The response there to anything Elsa is nothing short of rabid.

BrianLo

TDS will still get its Frozen port eventually. Frozen is just too popular there to ignore it.

Frankly I'm blown away that a Frozen expansion isn't ready for SDL. The response there to anything Elsa is nothing short of rabid.

It’s more mind boggling what the heck is taking so long. Last we heard TDS was 2026, which is obscene.

Wrong thread, but I assume you heard the Marvel train is now back on track? Have you heard any rough whispers of closures, 2018?

mickEblu

Thanks for the info @GiveMeTheMusic . I was thinking the FL theatre could be used for facade / queue purposes and then the showbuilding would be on the other side of the tracks taking up all of the residential portion of Toontown and maybe some backstage space. It would be great if Mickeys ride could be in Toontown and not Fantasyland.

Anyway, i think for toontown lovers, it should be easier to accept all or most of it going away for a Mickey ride instead of Frozen. In a perfect world Toontown could stick around, be plussed, AND there would be enough space back there for the new ride.

In a REALLY perfect world, RRCTS gets moved to the Hollywood backlot and they retheme the area to match the time period. We get the ink n Paint club and a rerouted trolley. Also in this really perfect world, TOT would still be there but would have received some of the enhancements that MB got. (Different ride profiles including randomized drop sequences)

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
It’s more mind boggling what the heck is taking so long. Last we heard TDS was 2026, which is obscene.

Wrong thread, but I assume you heard the Marvel train is now back on track? Have you heard any rough whispers of closures, 2018?

All the lips I know have been very tight on Marvel. I haven't been able to dig up anything of interest recently.

mickEblu

I don't know about that, lol - I think I'd rather have had the Frozen expansion myself. I just hope this ride is UH-MAZING, or it's going to be taking up a lot of valuable space.

I'm sure the ride would have been great but I think a Mickey ride Is better than Arendelle for DL. First off, there are so many princess attractions but not one Mickey attraction. Second, it stops or at least slows down the whole IP land train that I don't think belongs in DL. Third, the Mickey concept will be organic to that part of the park. Fourth, aside from the Frozen ride, aesthetically a frozen mini land would be more or less what we have in FL proper with snow.

britain

I'm sure the ride would have been great but I think a Mickey ride Is better than Arendelle for DL. First off, there are so many princess attractions but not one Mickey attraction. Second, it stops or at least slows down the whole IP land train that I don't think belongs in DL. Third, the Mickey concept will be organic to that part of the park. Fourth, aside from the Frozen ride, aesthetically a frozen mini land would be more or less what we have in FL proper with snow.

I forsee Frozen showing up closer to the Motor Boat Lagoon at some point. The transition from Swiss to Arendale would work well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It’s more mind boggling what the heck is taking so long.

As much as people have complained that "Frozen is everywhere!", it is indeed odd that the franchise hasn't gotten its own E-Ticket or Land. Instead, it's a little bit here and a little bit there... and there... and there.

Something to remind people of when the next popular movie comes out and people are expecting a tie-in ride for it to open simultaneously, let alone within the next two years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom