A Spirited Valentine ...

Cesar R M

Google needs to address these things before they have a major lawsuit on their hands
How so?

Youtube is "fan" and "user driven".
Noone can control everything in this aspect, specially the internet.
Also kids are the responsibility of their parents.

The internet nor google or any other company are not supposed to be the nanny of kids.

Cesar R M

Are you referring to Depp? Depp has only been in Disneyland in costume one time; to film a promo for Pirates 5 earlier this year. Despite urban legends to the contrary, that was the first time Depp had been dressed as Sparrow in a Disney theme park. He does often do hospital visits on his own in costume, but not the parks.
I think its the supposed rumour that Depp LOVES to get in suit and get inside the Disneyland's pirates attraction.
So if you see the "5th Sparrow".. Its Depp himself.

I know there was a video promo of this kind of behaviour on youtube.com

Cesar R M

OMG. I'm beginning to think that we just lucked out and get directed to a good call-center and storefront where we are.
You're lucky. In my country its even worse.
They will read a recipe (complete iliterate or ignorant "techs") and will try to blame you if something is not on their recipe.

I still remember when I told them that my DSL was down and the modem had no signal from their central.
They blamed my computer claiming "it was too fast for the service". :|

Oh yes it is, The union bosses are doing fine pulling down multimillion dollar salaries while they connive with CEO's on stuff like two tier pay systems looting the pension funds for 'investmets' run by their buddies.

Meanwhile the rank and file sees their pension benefits cut and jobs shipped overseas

The rank and file union member did better in the days when they were tied into the mob
Dont forget they end "blaming" either immigrants or mexicans specifically.
For the job loss that they themselves shipped to china to save costs and get beefier bonuses.

Before.. working hard would get you a pay raise.
Now gets you a small pat in the back, a bonus to your boss and the boss expectation of you to work as hard as before for the same salary.
Repeat at nauseam and the bonuses go all the way to the top.. while the general salaries stay the same.

So you get huge increase in performance for a few months with no real costs for the company. And when the workers get sick of it, performance tanks.. and they go for the fantastic idea of "cost cuts" by firing workforce for being not "efficient"...

etc..etc..etc..

Pixieish

How so?

Youtube is "fan" and "user driven".
Noone can control everything in this aspect, specially the internet.
Also kids are the responsibility of their parents.

The internet nor google or any other company are not supposed to be the nanny of kids.

Because there is a kids' version touted as being aimed directly at kids that still has xxx-rated stuff on it.

Pixieish

You're lucky. In my country its even worse.
They will read a recipe (complete iliterate or ignorant "techs") and will try to blame you if something is not on their recipe.

I still remember when I told them that my DSL was down and the modem had no signal from their central.
They blamed my computer claiming "it was too fast for the service". :|

Dont forget they end "blaming" either immigrants or mexicans specifically.
For the job loss that they themselves shipped to china to save costs and get beefier bonuses.

Before.. working hard would get you a pay raise.
Now gets you a small pat in the back, a bonus to your boss and the boss expectation of you to work as hard as before for the same salary.
Repeat at nauseam and the bonuses go all the way to the top.. while the general salaries stay the same.

So you get huge increase in performance for a few months with no real costs for the company. And when the workers get sick of it, performance tanks.. and they go for the fantastic idea of "cost cuts" by firing workforce for being not "efficient"...

etc..etc..etc..

Yep, I've seen that exact scenario time and time again. The owner of the company my husband works for actually "took back" a raise. Mind you, my husband works like a dog and is more than likely going to drop dead with a huge roll of carpet on his back because he just wants to be the good guy. Oh - and a couple of months after taking back the raise the scumbag went and bought himself an apartment building. Because, you know, he's so broke that he can't afford a $1 an hour raise. *eyeroll*

GiveMeTheMusic

I think its the supposed rumour that Depp LOVES to get in suit and get inside the Disneyland's pirates attraction.
So if you see the "5th Sparrow".. Its Depp himself.

I know there was a video promo of this kind of behaviour on youtube.com

My point is that he did that one time and Disney publicized the heck out of it. He has never, I repeat, NEVER, gotten in Sparrow costume in the parks prior to that publicity stunt. It's not a thing.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Act 10 killed the teachers union here in Wisconsin because it killed their wages. Yes I know they had cheap health insurance but the pay also reflected that. Teachers lost roughly 20% of their income following Act 10 and I am sure/know many who needed every penny they lost and couldn't justify paying union dues to a union that held no power anymore. Act 10 was all about busting the teachers/ nurses etc union because it DID NOT effect the police and firefighters union at all. Yes get rid of public sector unions but it should be all of them. Not just the ones you cherry pick so you have their support on election day. I 100% agree that labor leaders abused the system but now it just a different kind of abuse.

Hey FDR thought public sector unions were a bad idea and I happen to agree you have civil service protections which far exceed anything private sector employees (who now more than ever need effective union representation)

You also forgot to mention that the Wisc Teachers Union awarded itself a huge 'management fee' for the health insurance they provided. Whereas the plan through the state costs less. Once again proving that Union leadership thinks of itself first rank and file last.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Poor schools and districts are a huge issue that need to be addressed - not just at the school level, either. Proper funding for the schools is just the tip of the iceberg. The parents need to be more involved, but they're cynical (and who can blame them) about education and "the system" that continues to fail them, and that bad attitude spreads to the kids, so the kids don't care either...it's REALLY bad. I'm not sure vouchers are the answer either, but something drastic needs to be done. (I'm in MA, too.)

In a rational world that would mean firing the administration because DW is a teacher and most of the money spent on 'education' never makes it to the classroom,

It gets lost in the ever expanding ranks of educrats like assistant commissioners of X and curriculum coordinators. and all these people need staffs and district provided cars and plush office space...

Teacher needs a gross of #2 pencils, they end up paying for it themselves because 'theres no money in the budget'. Yes there is but its being spent on everything but the students.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Public sector unions are leaches that suck taxpayer money till the governments go bankrupt. Private sector ones are just fund raising organizations for politicians, drive up costs and kill jobs

I think private sector unions definitely have a place in the US, But they should both go back to their roots as 'worker centric' rather than 'leader centric' because the union ->> political campaign funnel is a perfect example of crony capitalism.

the German 'Workplace Council' is a excellent model because it realizes that things that are good for the business are good for the worker as well and the workplace council ensures that the workers get to share in the benefits, We would also need an overhaul of corporate governance probably with a pay ratio law for public companies.

EricsBiscuit

I think private sector unions definitely have a place in the US, But they should both go back to their roots as 'worker centric' rather than 'leader centric' because the union ->> political campaign funnel is a perfect example of crony capitalism.

the German 'Workplace Council' is a excellent model because it realizes that things that are good for the business are good for the worker as well and the workplace council ensures that the workers get to share in the benefits, We would also need an overhaul of corporate governance probably with a pay ratio law for public companies.
I disagree about more regulation but anything is better than the unions we have today.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I disagree about more regulation but anything is better than the unions we have today.

There is regulation and there is REGULATION, One of the proper roles of government is referee, and some regulation is necessary for the smooth functioning of free markets.

But we've gone to REGULATION where OSHA goons are running around with colorimeters and issuing fines if 'OSHA Yellow' is slightly off color paint does fade or the paint store was out of the correct shade, The spirit of the law was that things were supposed to be YELLOW not Pink or Purple. Instead regulatory agencies create a legalistic definition of a specific SHADE of yellow and use deviations to mulct fines from business and pat themselves on the back for what good job they are doing.

A local one is how powdered metal after being onsite for 90 days magically transforms to hazardous waste, A local experimental foundry was shut down for 'Hazardous Waste' because they used powdered metal instead of ingots, That's REGULATION, BTW the new process used 1/2 the energy of conventional casting. Company gave up in the US and went to China.

Stitchon

Unions have outlived their usefulness. I'll just use Tennessee as a quick example. We are a 'right to work' State. Growing by leaps and bounds. No State Income Tax. Budget surplus year after year. Nissan and Bridgestone are just two major business leaders who have just relocated their Headquarters to Nashville. :)

Attachments

• lucille.jpg
    lucille.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 118

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom