Cost figures/estimates for recent attractions

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Hey all! Most stateside attractions we have accurate numbers for, but abroad it seems hard to find.

Does anyone know how much Shanghai's POTC, Mystic Manor, and TRON cost to build?

Thanks! Just a thought I had.

BrianLo

Actually... it depends which international park you mean. Numbers are more accurate and official when it comes to Paris/Hong Kong/Tokyo as they all have either shareholders, a fussy local government stakeholder or improved clarity. Most Stateside numbers are hearsay.

468 million bought Grizzly Gulch, Mystic Point and Toy Story land.

HOWEVER... Shanghai numbers will forever be obscured... but I have no doubt PoTC is the most expensive attraction in the world today. The whole resort was kind of a black hole money pit though as that 800 extra million merely propped up their ability to open rather than added anything back in.

Edward M

I have no doubt PoTC is the most expensive attraction in the world today.

If Mount Prometheus' structure counts as part of Journey to the Center of the Earth's cost, I think that may trump it. $5.5 billion for that park in today's currency does not lie.

From rumors, it looks like the new Tokyo Disneyland Beauty and the Beast ride is going to cost upwards of $300 million! It's being called the first Mega E-Ticket, whatever that means.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
If Mount Prometheus' structure counts as part of Journey to the Center of the Earth's cost, I think that may trump it. $5.5 billion for that park in today's currency does not lie.

From rumors, it looks like the new Tokyo Disneyland Beauty and the Beast ride is going to cost upwards of $300 million! It's being called the first Mega E-Ticket, whatever that means.
So like unprecedented in scale like Radiator Springs Racers?

lazyboy97o

In a recent episode of the Season Pass Podcast, Tom Morris implies that Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure cost $450 million.

cheezbat

In a recent episode of the Season Pass Podcast, Tom Morris implies that Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure cost $450 million.
Disney is getting ridiculous with its inflated prices. Too many people getting heir hands in projects and blowing up the cost of things. Universal could probably build the same ride for $150 million.

lazyboy97o

Disney is getting ridiculous with its inflated prices. Too many people getting heir hands in projects and blowing up the cost of things. Universal could probably build the same ride for $150 million.
The cost of Universal Studios Beijing is also astronomically insane.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Not a single one of Universal's rides have truly matched the sheer scale of Shanghai's Pirates or RSR. Forbidden Journey & Spider-Man are both epic, but POTC & RSR are simply in another league in terms of scale and theming.

I think that 450M number probably includes the restaurant, and it is probably rounding up a bit. Universal in the exact same scenario could probably do that ride for 50-75M less. Significant, but there's not the slightest chance Universal could do its equal for half the cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom