1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost figures/estimates for recent attractions

Discussion in 'Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai' started by David2319, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:11 PM.

1. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

Hey all! Most stateside attractions we have accurate numbers for, but abroad it seems hard to find.

Does anyone know how much Shanghai's POTC, Mystic Manor, and TRON cost to build?

Thanks! Just a thought I had.

2. BrianLo

BrianLo Well-Known Member

Actually... it depends which international park you mean. Numbers are more accurate and official when it comes to Paris/Hong Kong/Tokyo as they all have either shareholders, a fussy local government stakeholder or improved clarity. Most Stateside numbers are hearsay.

468 million bought Grizzly Gulch, Mystic Point and Toy Story land.

HOWEVER... Shanghai numbers will forever be obscured... but I have no doubt PoTC is the most expensive attraction in the world today. The whole resort was kind of a black hole money pit though as that 800 extra million merely propped up their ability to open rather than added anything back in.

Peter Pano likes this.
  3. Edward M

Edward M Member

If Mount Prometheus' structure counts as part of Journey to the Center of the Earth's cost, I think that may trump it. $5.5 billion for that park in today's currency does not lie.

From rumors, it looks like the new Tokyo Disneyland Beauty and the Beast ride is going to cost upwards of $300 million! It's being called the first Mega E-Ticket, whatever that means.

4. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member Original Poster

So like unprecedented in scale like Radiator Springs Racers?

Edward M likes this.