News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

AEfx

There are always problems with making exceptions. Its easier to just have one rule than to say 'No costumes unless you're in the 501st Legion and can prove it.'

Costumes might not confuse CMs, but they could easily fool a child. And thats when it could get dangerous.

Well given the fact that it's the 501st Stormtroopers who actually walked around the Studios, stationed around the park, on patrols, marched in the parades, and even did the Meet and Greets at Star Wars Weekends, I'm pretty sure that they already have credentialing worked out (wait, you didn't think Disney actually made all those costumes and paid all those people, did you?).

Not only will Disney likely allow them, but I have a feeling they must already be talking about doing deals with them to get regular patrols and such. I won't be surprised at all if they actually offer them incentives/discount deals to do so. It's always going to be far cheaper - they come with their own meticulous costumes (they have screen-accurate costumes - various official entities already actually utilizes fan-referenced ones for their own designs and replications, just like they now do with the R2 units), and even if incentives are given they aren't employees that require benefits, hourly wages, etc.

It may be the case that people won't be able to just walk in the main turnstiles fully costumed and just go about their day with their families, but I don't think that will matter because every actual 501st member will likely be able to be costumed in the park all they want.

trainplane3

Well given the fact that it's the 501st Stormtroopers who actually walked around the Studios, stationed around the park, on patrols, marched in the parades, and even did the Meet and Greets at Star Wars Weekends, I'm pretty sure that they already have credentialing worked out (wait, you didn't think Disney actually made all those costumes and paid all those people, did you?).

Not only will Disney likely allow them, but I have a feeling they must already be talking about doing deals with them to get regular patrols and such. I won't be surprised at all if they actually offer them incentives/discount deals to do so. It's always going to be far cheaper - they come with their own meticulous costumes (they have screen-accurate costumes - various official entities already actually utilizes fan-referenced ones for their own designs and replications, just like they now do with the R2 units), and even if incentives are given they aren't employees that require benefits, hourly wages, etc.

It may be the case that people won't be able to just walk in the main turnstiles fully costumed and just go about their day with their families, but I don't think that will matter because every actual 501st member will likely be able to be costumed in the park all they want.
I honestly thought the meet and greeters/patrols/anything with "major" guest interaction were employees while the parade was the 501st. I like seeing the 501st used for stuff. They seem like great group of ner- er uh fans. Their stuff is probably more detailed than what Disney uses. When Weird Al comes to Pittsburgh (and I'm sure every other city), he uses a couple 501st members for his Star Wars songs.

Geez I hope they allow gawkers because I wont be able to afford that... and honestly although I'm a huge star wars fan boy don't know if I would forgive myself if I did spend that much.
I'm the same with Lego. Who would buy a $800 Millennium Falcon LEGO set?! Oh wait...oops, I just did. It's literally bigger then my dog. I was concerned at first but after getting a good look at it, my wallet was toast.
Once the resort is opened and videos start coming out, I'm sure it'll persuade people that are complaining about the rumored price very fast. I'm not one that likes the idea of a super themed hotel experience just for them-self, but with a couple of a friends it would be a blast (especially when someone eventually says "Screw it, the First Order can have this place. Give me a blaster, I'll help get rid of the Jedi").

AEfx

Geez I hope they allow gawkers because I wont be able to afford that... and honestly although I'm a huge star wars fan boy don't know if I would forgive myself if I did spend that much.

It's not going to be cheap - though I do think it's not going (at least initially) to be quite as expensive as one might think, at least for the base levels - I wager on around $1800 for two doing the basic two-night-experience. I'm absolutely sure there will be room upgrades up the tush, so some people will be paying several times that amount, I am sure. But for the basic experience? I think they are going to try to keep the price point a few bucks under $1000, closer to $900. There are a bunch of reasons I think that - I have no insider knowledge or idea - but it's where I'd place my bet.

That said, it also sounds to be rather nearly-all-inclusive, if the package we saw comes to light. There are several meals included, and seemingly park access (at least to the Studios). This is actually the kind of unique experience that people have been waiting for Disney to do - and various rumors of the years (Myst, Lost) have made it sound like Disney has been thinking about it, too. They finally found the guaranteed successful property to theme it with.

It will be a chunk of change, but I think it's more of the "save up and splurge on a once-in-a-decade" sort of thing.

bclane

I honestly thought the meet and greeters/patrols/anything with "major" guest interaction were employees while the parade was the 501st. I like seeing the 501st used for stuff. They seem like great group of ner- er uh fans. Their stuff is probably more detailed than what Disney uses. When Weird Al comes to Pittsburgh (and I'm sure every other city), he uses a couple 501st members for his Star Wars songs.

I'm the same with Lego. Who would buy a $800 Millennium Falcon LEGO set?! Oh wait...oops, I just did. It's literally bigger then my dog. I was concerned at first but after getting a good look at it, my wallet was toast.
Once the resort is opened and videos start coming out, I'm sure it'll persuade people that are complaining about the rumored price very fast. I'm not one that likes the idea of a super themed hotel experience just for them-self, but with a couple of a friends it would be a blast (especially when someone eventually says "Screw it, the First Order can have this place. Give me a blaster, I'll help get rid of the Jedi").
As a Jedi myself I have two words for you. Bring it. :p

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From here...

upload_2017-10-7_19-26-7.png

AEfx

Wow. I guess I just never thought of it being so close.

Now that I'm starting to really think about it - I'm wondering if this will be the first hotel at WDW where you can't get past the gate without a reservation.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wow. I guess I just never thought of it being so close.

Now that I'm starting to really think about it - I'm wondering if this will be the first hotel at WDW where you can't get past the gate without a reservation.

That will be likely. The whole resort should be considered a hard-ticket event.

If you look at the area, that location makes the most sense space wise and proximity to the park.

Well, we're presuming it will be on the other side of the park boundary next to SWGE for easy access to SWGE for extended hours time in the park. So far, no clues and no insider confirmation.

HiYa Pal

So theoretically if it’s there, they could make an enclosed themed bridge ( air lock ) across the top of the toll plaza and Boom you’re in galaxy’s edge

andre85

Looks like they may be using the Open Street Map dataset.

View attachment 236594

Looking at that map, does SW have room to expand? It looks like the roads, hotel, and Toy Story Land have it landlocked, besides the southwest corner, which I don't know if it's accessible or not?

I might be mistaken, but doesn't SW have room to expand into at DL? I just wonder if this is a potential problem down the line

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looking at that map, does SW have room to expand? It looks like the roads, hotel, and Toy Story Land have it landlocked, besides the southwest corner, which I don't know if it's accessible or not?

I might be mistaken, but doesn't SW have room to expand into at DL? I just wonder if this is a potential problem down the line

The entrance road is going away so that opens up some options there, and the hotel probably isn't going there. There will also be room between the land and the GMR building, and there is room in the south west corner. This area is marked as Star Wars Land on that map. but there are actually a bunch of back stage buildings there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom