News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

bclane

My two year old would join you in your battle. We have lightsaber duels at home with empty wrapping paper rolls.
Any parent who has lightsaber duals with their two year old is an awesome parent in my book! Way to go DisneyDaver! My daughters used to plan out fully choreographed duals and could totally kick my butt...and they were like 4 and 5 years old. I'm such a proud father. :)

DisneyDaver

My daughters used to plan out fully choreographed duals and could totally kick my butt...and they were like 4 and 5 years old. I'm such a proud father. :)

Very cool! My little one isn't ready to choreograph a duel yet. But she does sometimes announce that she is going to do a "spin move" and then spins in a circle before jabbing at me with her "saber".

bclane

Very cool! My little one isn't ready to choreograph a duel yet. But she does sometimes announce that she is going to do a "spin move" and then spins in a circle before jabbing at me with her "saber".
She is clearly well on her way to becoming a great and powerful Jedi someday. Unless you are training her to be a Sith Lord in which case...bad DisneyDaver, bad. Lol!

djkidkaz

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything more about this. The rumor was that it was going behind Star Wars Land where they are clearing but @danlb_2000 keeps saying it is just parking lot expansion. If this hotel is scheduled to open in the next 4 or 5 years would they really make it parking? Why wouldn't you just leave it as dirt for a year or whatever until your ready to get rolling on the project?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything more about this. The rumor was that it was going behind Star Wars Land where they are clearing but @danlb_2000 keeps saying it is just parking lot expansion. If this hotel is scheduled to open in the next 4 or 5 years would they really make it parking? Why wouldn't you just leave it as dirt for a year or whatever until your ready to get rolling on the project?

I continue to say parking, because that is all the facts I have at the moment. At least some of that land will end up being parking, but it's totally possible that some of it will be for the hotel. I also agree that is they plan to put the hotel in that area, the part that will become the hotel will not become parking. So far all the work that has been done in that area would need to be done no matter what is being built on it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything more about this. The rumor was that it was going behind Star Wars Land where they are clearing

Correction - the speculation was....
People just assumed that since going to DHS was part of the itinerinary that it would have to be close to DHS.

Kamikaze

Because they are going to need a lot more parking for DHS once both of these lands open?

It doesn't have to be directly next to DHS. There are a couple of different plots nearby that could be used. I can't see them putting it that far away, but it doesn't have to come up to the boundaries of the park.

Bocabear

I dont see Toy Story Land being that much of a draw to the park that they need to add parking... Galaxy's Edge will definitely impact the numbers though...

Bulldog1653

Hello all,

It looks like I've arrived pretty late to this thread but I must say that I am absolutely THRILLED with the idea of a Star Wars resort. As a proud member of the 501st Legion, I think it would be an AMAZING experience to stay someplace like this. One of the things I have to speculate about is whether or not they will offer either rebellion/resistance or Imperial/First Order themed rooms. I'm not sure about the rest of you but could you imagine the possibilities of staying someplace that is based on a Star Destroyer, the Death Star, a Correlian cruiser, or other cool ships/planets? For someone like me with my family, I think it would be pretty neat to be immersed in a Star Destroyer themed atmosphere (one of my 501st costumes is the Imperial Staff Officer in the black uniform) and be a part of something like that.
The biggest thing I've seen mentioned here is the cost factor and as of yet, I haven't seen any hard numbers that would give us an idea of what that would be. My hunch is that this is going to be a Deluxe level resort (most likely) or a high Moderate. Either way, start saving every bit of pocket change you can because I have a feeling you'll need it.
They mentioned guests being dressed in proper attire. I wonder if they would let guests wear their own Star Wars costume (biased hope I know. I have a set of clone (Galactic Marine) armor) and be a part of it. It would be amazing to be able to do so and have a truly authentic costume for an experience like this.
Regardless of how this is looked upon, I think it will be extremely exciting and a LOT of fun to stay here when it is all said and done.

TeriofTerror

Hello all,

It looks like I've arrived pretty late to this thread but I must say that I am absolutely THRILLED with the idea of a Star Wars resort. As a proud member of the 501st Legion, I think it would be an AMAZING experience to stay someplace like this. One of the things I have to speculate about is whether or not they will offer either rebellion/resistance or Imperial/First Order themed rooms. I'm not sure about the rest of you but could you imagine the possibilities of staying someplace that is based on a Star Destroyer, the Death Star, a Correlian cruiser, or other cool ships/planets? For someone like me with my family, I think it would be pretty neat to be immersed in a Star Destroyer themed atmosphere (one of my 501st costumes is the Imperial Staff Officer in the black uniform) and be a part of something like that.
The biggest thing I've seen mentioned here is the cost factor and as of yet, I haven't seen any hard numbers that would give us an idea of what that would be. My hunch is that this is going to be a Deluxe level resort (most likely) or a high Moderate. Either way, start saving every bit of pocket change you can because I have a feeling you'll need it.
They mentioned guests being dressed in proper attire. I wonder if they would let guests wear their own Star Wars costume (biased hope I know. I have a set of clone (Galactic Marine) armor) and be a part of it. It would be amazing to be able to do so and have a truly authentic costume for an experience like this.
Regardless of how this is looked upon, I think it will be extremely exciting and a LOT of fun to stay here when it is all said and done.
I'm excited for it, as well.
Just as an FYI, multiple reliable sources have stated the cost will be $650 for the first person in the room per night, and each additional person will be $200 more per night, with a two night minimum. I hope this information is helpful to you in your planning!

Kamikaze

I'm excited for it, as well.
Just as an FYI, multiple reliable sources have stated the cost will be $650 for the first person in the room per night, and each additional person will be $200 more per night, with a two night minimum. I hope this information is helpful to you in your planning!

You're not exactly correct with that pricing. It will definitely be based on double occupancy. Meaning - regardless if you have one or two people, the room will cost X, and then additional guests will cost Y. Its going to be more than $850/night. $425/pp would be an absolute steal for the experience. Its going to be higher than that. Think more like $550pp. So $1100/night minimum plus possibly adding others to the room at $200 each.

Hello all,

As costumes aren't allowed in the parks, I don't think wearing your own costumes will be allowed here.

It will 100% be themed to the sequel trilogy, not original or prequel eras.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As costumes aren't allowed in the parks, I don't think wearing your own costumes will be allowed here.
Disney's had a close relationship with the 501st, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that rule relaxed for genuine members who want to dress up for their visits -- probably no full-face helmet outfits, but the staff uniforms wouldn't present much of a security/recognition threat.

Kamikaze

Disney's had a close relationship with the 501st, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that rule relaxed for genuine members who want to dress up for their visits -- probably no full-face helmet outfits, but the staff uniforms wouldn't present much of a security/recognition threat.

There are always problems with making exceptions. Its easier to just have one rule than to say 'No costumes unless you're in the 501st Legion and can prove it.'

Costumes might not confuse CMs, but they could easily fool a child. And thats when it could get dangerous.

ppete1975

Geez I hope they allow gawkers because I wont be able to afford that... and honestly although I'm a huge star wars fan boy don't know if I would forgive myself if I did spend that much.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There are always problems with making exceptions. Its easier to just have one rule than to say 'No costumes unless you're in the 501st Legion and can prove it.'

Costumes might not confuse CMs, but they could easily fool a child. And thats when it could get dangerous.

We already know costumes will be an option, but we can assume it will only be Disney provided costumes, so this does bring up the question of how they will handle guests being mistaken for CM's.

Kamikaze

We already know costumes will be an option, but we can assume it will only be Disney provided costumes, so this does bring up the question of how they will handle guests being mistaken for CM's.

Thats why I specified 'your own costumes' in the my first reply. Have to think the costumes they give to guests will be obvious enough to tell the difference between guest and CM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom