Disney MaxPass reviews

mikenatcity1

It has it's flaws. I don't like they give the option to book so far in advance. It should be day of only. I'm looking forward to trying out MaxPass whenever I can get my behind back to Disneyland. (I agree about waiting out the 3rd FP in order to get another one as well). But to be fair it seems like you have to check the app for Disneyland as well if you want something else. I get not wanting to always check your phone but it's what you have to do in order to find what you want. I don't love it but I make it work for me. I'm also someone who isn't keen on having my phone out all the time in the parks but it's really not so bad. I take a break, check the app and off I go. But I'd like to see some changes to the FP+ system.

Not trying to veer this too off topic but it's interesting to compare the two.

I think you hit a big prickly point I have- phones...I love to disconnect on vacation and put it away- that was one of the perks of DL...you're right- it seems like MaxPass may do away with that...we shall see in 6 weeks :) (3 days, I totally plan to spend $30 for MaxPass, unless it's not good the first day).

Phroobar

Weird how everyone said Maxpass was a bad idea. Who would want to spend money on fast passes that can be had for free? A trip to the parks is already expensive but now I have paid extra to ride anything?

Now that it is here, people make it a required item on their visits. Disney fans are very schizophrenic. Just wait until it's $90 per person like front of the line passes at Universal are and there are no free fastpasses.

BAChicagoGal

MaxPass seems great for all the people who ride all the Fastpass Rides. I personally do not. So on my most recent trip, I used regular fastpass for Soarin and TSMM. Happy that TSMM now has fastpass. It's the one ride that really needs it. I guess Peter Pan will never get fastpass. It needs a 2nd track, of course, there's no room for that. I heard plenty of people saying they would MaxPass Peter Pan, and then others commented that You couldn't.

D

Deleted member 107043

Weird how everyone said Maxpass was a bad idea. Who would want to spend money on fast passes that can be had for free? A trip to the parks is already expensive but now I have paid extra to ride anything?

Now that it is here, people make it a required item on their visits. Disney fans are very schizophrenic. Just wait until it's $90 per person like front of the line passes at Universal are and there are no free fastpasses.

I'm still mad that you have to pay for it. Thought I'd be over it by now, but I'm not. lol

jocarol

I'll be getting it on my next trip, but I'm also running two races. Ten dollars for all your race photos is an amazing bargain. It'll be a busy weekend too, so I'm sure I would have gotten it anyway, but with the race photos included it's a no-brainer. They'd typically run around $100 for a full download.

Phroobar

I'll be getting it on my next trip, but I'm also running two races. Ten dollars for all your race photos is an amazing bargain. It'll be a busy weekend too, so I'm sure I would have gotten it anyway, but with the race photos included it's a no-brainer. They'd typically run around $100 for a full download.
Or you can get a screen capture program for free and cut them out of the browser window.

Curious Constance

You can go to Universal and pay $80 for Fastpass for one day for one person if you'd prefer.

Phroobar

Oh did you? I wouldn't know since I never read your posts :p
Michaelscottfacepalm1.gif

This is my review from a different forum:

MAXPass was awesome! My wife and I had planned on buying the PhotoPass so this worked out as a cheaper option for us and the FP system was just a bonus but after using it, I think this FP system is just as important as the PhotoPass. We were there for opening every day we went as we had some major jet lag helping us and we were only a 10min walk from the gate so we had a good advantage. It cost us $60 for people and 3 days instead of the PhotoPass for a week for $78

The second we were in the park, we could use the system and we could get a pass for any ride in any park for about 10mins into the future for the first hour. Being able to book a FP for any where in both parks without having to walk to the FP station saved a considerable amount of time and made for a more relaxing day. As the day went on, the FP times began to slide for the more popular ride as you'd expect but I didn't realise we could book several FP at once. I think we had 3 passes on the go at once.

The only thing I missed was, Magic Bands. It would have made things a little easier as I had my phone in my bag but luckily I could create a party and have both tickets on the one phone but this is me comparing a super convenient system to a convenient system.

This is the dream system. It's the best of FP+ and the old system. You have the ease of using the Disney app but you have the more laid back approach of not having to book weeks in advance. I'm also thinking that since the system is $10 and not everybody was using it nor knew about it, it freed up a lot more possibilities than if it was used by everybody.

Overall, I thought the system made a huge advantage to this trip over our last trip and I thought the price was a bargain given what we got out it but this was only for 2 of us and if I was an AP holder or was there with a family of 5, I'm not sure if I was buy the passes for every trip. I still think that DL is for the fans and WDW is for tourists and if they keep this system in place so that the tourists visiting DL can get more done on their short time there, I'll happily keeping paying the $10 a day. Hell, I'd probably pay $20 but I don't really want to give Disney any more ideas to make money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom