Something Borrowed, Something New

orlando678-

Original Poster
A Next Generation Experience...

So as I have done a few trials at putting together a perfect Disney resort, I came to the conclusion that I kept coming back to that same point where I didn't want to go, repetitive experiences, the same themes etc. That's why I went back to my desk and started looking at a couple of things.
First of all I checked my earlier study of a theme park's depth with its different layers, consisting out of the Inspector's Observation, The Child's Dream, The Theme Park Thrill, The Story Reference, The Eye for Detail and lastly the Geek Dominion. Here's the explanation I gave about those layers in another thread, which was sadly not finished(like most of my work. Sorry, i'm not disciplined enough to finish them usually). The first layer is The Inspector's Observation. This is the basic skeleton of a theme park, making sure that everything functions well so that a Guest can enjoy his or her day without having to face any theme park irritations. Think about a good flow of the park, enough restrooms, efficient capacity systems for attractions etc. Then secondly, we have The Child's Dream, which basically means giving this technical skeleton a cute theme so that a child feels like they are immersed into a fantasy world. Of course, we are talking about Disney so we can't simply give it a cute theme, it needs to be something more elaborate, but that's something for another layer. The third layer is The Theme Park Thrill. This basically refers to the overall experience of a theme park, is it worthy of being visited as a full-day theme park and is it something that you can enjoy without the themes(so in other words, are the attractions worth a visit). This also refers to the experience being entertaining for people of all ages. Let's move on to The Story Reference layer. This layer explains the use of stories around the park, familiar stories. This is where theming gets more details, because you might recognize certain aspects in the theming from famous Disney IP. The layer also includes the basic use of a movie-based attraction( Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Ratatouille the Ride etc.).
The next layer is The Eye for Detail. This is where the park starts getting really interesting, because we are giving depth to themed areas. Think of small secret walkways, hidden details( a la New Fantasyland at Walt Disney World), and even original theme park stories like the stories behind classic attractions like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and The Haunted Mansion. Lastly, the Geek Dominion. This is the ultimate layer. If a visitor visits a theme park through this layer, they will completely understand why something is there and how the whole Disney resort is connected. To me, a Disney resort can be seen as the layer of a mirror between our dimension and a magical dimension. The layer of the mirror is basically the thing that connects Walt Disney with Yen Sid( yes I know, this is all very deep, but it helps to create an immersive world). That's why the ultimate backstory of a resort to me is basically that its the world between worlds. This can be concluded from the real world's influences, but the extra magic touches we experience all around the parks. Another important factor in designing a resort is using and learning from whats already there, we have Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, Tokyo Disneyland Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and Shanghai Disneyland Resort. All have a lot of pros and of course some cons. Giving one positive term to each resort for me would be DLR a warm feeling of coziness, WDW space and size, DLRP beauty in theming, TDR maintenance, HKDL service, SDR orignality and advancements. This can all be used in our new resort.
Then I looked at a list of realistic options of IP that could be used in a Disney resort, looking at relevance and popularity and also just the basic diversity in cultural representation or themes of the movies. My conclusion here were the following IPs: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Winnie the Pooh, Tangled, Frozen, Wreck-it Ralph, Lilo and Stitch, The Lion King, Maleficent, Cinderella, Into the Woods, Oz: The Great and Powerful, Toy Story, Brave, Monsters. Inc, Ratatouille, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Finding Nemo, Inside Out, Big Hero 6, Cars, The Marvel Movies, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Avatar, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Alice in Underland and maybe the Muppets, even though their popularity is declining.
The next thing I looked at was a list of existing attractions, which ones were the ones that I wanted to see at my imaginary resort and which ones could inspire attractions or their own themed areas. This is where I started using something borrowed, something new. I took classic Disney attractions such as Autopia, Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion and gave them a modern spin, new technology, new system, new interesting factors for an ever changing audience. These changes to classic attractions would still however have the original intention of the ride, either to scare, to thrill etc.
Lastly, I thought about ways to improve a theme park experience, what annoys me when I visit a theme park and what could be improved or just certain things that I expect to be present or available at a theme park, also to offer all of these layers, which I spoke about before. Think of long lines, high prices, transportation, food diversity, storytelling and interactive elements. That's how this new resort was born. By taking familiar movies, attractions, stories and common interests and combining that with new types of technology creates a whole new level of immersion and fun for people of all ages.
Considering all of these things, my first theme park was born, which is a classic Disneyland type park with 11 themed areas. First of all, we have our two opening lands. Walt Disney Avenue will be your way into the park and based on Walt Disney's Story and in a way similar to Mickey Avenue at Shanghai Disneyland, just to take an approach that is more international, instead of just showcasing an American town(there will be American influences in the area though). Then you have The Gardens of Magic(again, similar to Shanghai Disneyland). I felt like making the hub a land on it's own could help for an easier overview, flow and just the possibility of adding new types of experiences to a Disneyland Park. Next, we have the four main lands, Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland. All with new and familiar experiences.
Lastly there's the addition of a few new themed areas. These are Bog Easy, Shadowlands, Timeless Riverside, World Expo and Buccaneer Bay. Bog Easy is added in sake of a logical area in which specific stories take place and specific attractions fit in and add to the connected universe. Shadowlands is a way to introduce villains to the theme parks, as they are one of Disney's most popular characters. Timeless Riverside is the introduction and showcase of classic Disney shorts, which basically started Disney's popularity back in the early 1900s. Lastly, Buccaneer Bay offers the Guests an area similar to Treasure Cove to be fully immersed in the world of pirates. I feel like Disneyland used to portray the park in several categories, astronaut/scientist, cowboy/native American, knight/princess and adventurer/pirate. Now, the pirates franchise has grown a lot in the past decades and that's the reason I feel like they could use a themed area of their own.
Now this theme park will be completely different as it will feature a system similar to the Tapu Tapu system at Universal Studios' Volcano Bay and the Magic Band system at the Disney parks. Guests of the resort will be given a Magic Band during their stay or can purchase special Magic Bands which cost money opposed to the standard Magic Band. The Magic Band is individual and personalized with specific information(not offending someone's privacy) and will offer a much more fun and personal experience for Disney's Guests. When wishing to ride an attraction, which line exceeds 45 minutes, Guests will be given a return time so that in the mean time you can enjoy other experiences in the park, other rides, a restaurant, a shop, a show or other interactive elements of the park, such as the interactive talkers.
Interactive talkers are either meet and greet characters, which by the way are either face characters or audio animatronic costumes similar to the talking Mickey Mouse character. The Magic Band collects experiences, just a few facts and more so that these interactive talkers can personalize your experience(similar to the planned star wars land experience, but on a larger scale and deeper level). Around the park there will also be audio animatronics which offer the same experience as meet and greet characters. They are there to add interactive elements, immersion, but also just the logic of the presence of these characters, because sometimes they don't make sense as costume characters and sometimes they aren't even able to bring popular characters such as Simba to the parks because of this.
Other things that I thought of are enough places to find shade on hot days and enough places to go on rainy days(such as arcade walkways), the cleanliness and maintenance of the park by placing enough trash cans(based on Walt's 30 steps-rule) and by adopting a system similar to Tokyo Disneyland which keeps it's attractions working perfectly, diversity in restaurants(so not just themed buildings which all offer fastfood, but actually a wide variety of food options) and attractions( different age groups, different types of rides, different interests) and lastly, pricing. I was at Disneyland Paris a week ago and just noticed the incredibly high prices. Disney is supposed to be accessible to a very large part of the people and not a luxury experience(although it offers luxury whenever a Guest wishes to pay more), that's why Disney should offer a wider variety of cheaper and more expensive souvenirs so that all Guests are able to buy something based on the amount of money they are willing to spend.
Outside of the main park, there will be other theme parks, water parks, stay-over destinations, entertainment centers and transportation systems that offer a perfect experience for all Guests. Some of these experiences will be announced later on, but for now I can say that there will be 3 theme parks called Meltdown Bay, Grizzly Gulch and The Lost Valley, an entertainment center similar to Disney Springs, Ikspiaru etc. called Disneytopia, at least one other gate and multiple stay-over destinations, such as the Scandinavian Resort, the Pixar All-Star Resort and the Fort Wilderness Campground and Bungalow Park. Soon I'll post some more things about the themed areas, attractions, restaurants, shows, shops and more. If any questions, recommendations, suggestions, ideas or comments in general may pop up, just let me know, either in this thread or in a private chat.

orlando678-

Original Poster
It's great to see you back. Though, what about World Expo?
World Expo is used as a transitional land between the fantasylands and tomorrowland and as a way to add attractions like it's a small world and the carousel of progress to the park. It will mainly be inspired by the worlds fair but will also take some influence from epcots future world.

Suchomimus

World Expo is used as a transitional land between the fantasylands and tomorrowland and as a way to add attractions like it's a small world and the carousel of progress to the park. It will mainly be inspired by the worlds fair but will also take some influence from epcots future world.
giphy.gif

orlando678-

Original Poster
So let's take a magical tour around the resort now, shall we? But, where to begin? Well it all begins with driving to the resort. The land will be surrounded by an aqueduct like wall, but jollier and fantasy-like. The arches through which the roads lead to the resort have images of Disney characters on them, welcoming you and your party to another magical Disney location. Imagine an aerial view of a large resort, about the size of Walt Disney World resort(or even larger). The resort will be near the coast, offering a new way of getting to the resort, by boat, but that's something we will discuss later on.
Now just imagine waking up in a beautiful Disney hotel room which has a view over the resort's central lake and in the back you can see Disneyland Park's Castle shining bright in the morning sun. Let's put on your magic bands and visit Disneyland Park(official name, Walt Disneyland Park). You pack your backpacks for the day and head over to the monorail station, not far away from the hotel. Luckily the monorails are very modern and you don't have to wait a lot until a train arrives. As you enter the monorail a warm voice says, ''Mind your step. Welcome aboard of the Walt Disney Resort Monorail System. Relax and take a look outside as we will provide information and try to bring you to your desired destination as soon as possible. Be cautious of the closing and opening doors during the ride and take extra care of young children in your party''.
The monorail takes you closer and closer to the park and the excitement inside your monorail grows. You exit the Monorail and see many other Guests who are also willing to visit Disneyland Park. Disneyland Park will be accessible through all forms of transportation available at the resort. As you near the park, you will walk through Legacy Garden, a lush and green park like area, similar to what was originally envisioned for Disneyland Parc in Paris. Small streams, trees that offer shady spots, fountains, ponds, statues and flower topiaries welcome you to Disneyland Park.
You will see the Disneyland Park Hotel which is similar to the Disneyland Hotel, but with larger walkways and overall a larger building. I felt like the Hotel serves perfectly as a way to hide the Castle for a while, instead of it being revealed before actually entering the park. Underneath the hotel building you can find the ticket booths, where other Guests can get their magic bands. Luckily, you already have one so you can skip the ticket lines and walk towards the Walt Disney Avenue Train Station, which is quite similar to the original one in Anaheim with the iconic Mickey Mouse flowerbed in front of it. Pass through the tunnels under the station and you will find yourself in the first themed area of Walt Disneyland Park, Walt Disney Avenue, which we will explore in the next post.

orlando678-

Original Poster
Walt Disney Avenue:

As you pass under the tunnels, you pass by various posters of attractions which can be found around the park. Also, you can vaguely hear familiar sounds from the Disney attractions and Disney movies. Think of things like 'Dead Men Tell No Tales', 'Welcome to the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness', 'All Who Come to This Magic Place, Welcome' and 'To Find...A Way Out *Evil Laugh*'. A plaque saying, 'Here we leave the world of today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy'. Walt Disney Avenue will serve as the opening land and the transitional land between our own real world and the new magical world. The path under the tunnels will be red, so that it feels like you are walking on a red carpet. Walt Disney Avenue is the first land that immerses Guests into the original concept of Disneyland in which Guests were supposed to feel like they were entering a movie world, starting with the land that is closest to our own reality (again the concept of the world between mirrors plays a role here). Walt Disney Avenue is themed to be a whimsical town like Shanghai Disneyland's Mickey Avenue, but more realistic like Main Street U.S.A. too. Walt's story unfolds here. Why didn't I choose for Main Street? That's because I feel that Disney parks are supposed to be targeted at an international audience and even though the concept works well in the existing parks, I felt like it was time for something new.
Walt Disney Avenue tests all your senses and immerses you right into this new world. The sounds of a classic steam train and jolly music, the sights of a whimsical town, the smells of freshly prepared goods and just the overall sense of happiness hits you right away when seeing the beautiful and detailed buildings and of course the majestic castle at the end of Walt Disney Avenue. One of the first attractions that Guests can explore are the Walt Disney Railroad Steam Trains. Step back in time and board a vintage train in classic Americana style to take a full circle tour of Walt Disneyland Park. Hop on or off at one of the train stations which can be found in Frontierland, Adventureland, Timeless Riverside and World Expo. There will be four steam trains circling around the park, the Lilly Belle, the Dear Diane, the Rolling Roy and the Lovely Sharon. Along the way you will see various scenes and dioramas and the machinist will provide interesting facts about the park. However, you decide to leave this ride for later and start discovering the rest of the area. You could for example board one of the Walt Disney Avenue Vehicles that offer a breezy ride down the streets of this charming little town. There will be different vehicles like horse carriages and even an omnibus. Another option is the Red Trolley Line, an electric trolley cart that let's Guests enjoy the charming surroundings. One of the trolley carts will stop around the area and Walt Disney Avenue inhabitants will perform in the Jolly Trolley Stop, which includes dancing and singing, similar to the small show on Main Street U.S.A. at the Magic Kingdom in Orlando.
The Central Plaza will be home to the Walt Disney Golden Carousel in which Guests can ride on one of Walt Disney Avenue's carousel horses while favorite Disney songs can be heard. The carousel is one of the largest of it's kind and is beautifully adorned with murals and golden decorations. Guests will be able to choose a seat on not one, but two levels of this carousel. Behind the carousel will be a small gazebo where you can meet various characters or enjoy musical performances by either the Walt Disney Avenue Band or one of many other artists like the Three Little Pigs or the Skeleton Dancers. On the left of central plaza are two buildings, the Town Hall and the Fire Station. At Town Hall, you can find information centers and Guest relations. You can also meet the Walt Disney Avenue Mayor and other inhabitants of the quaint little town. The Fire Station is where Guests can enjoy the Firehouse Five Plus Two show and where they can help the local fire fighters by grabbing a hold of a fire hose and extinguish cartoon like flames, similar to the ones in the Mickey Mouse short, The Fire Fighters (1930). The experience will be very similar to Goofy's Paint 'n' Play House at Tokyo Disneyland. On the right will be one other building, the Main Street Museum. Inside the Main Street Museum, you can admire the One Man's Dream Gallery in which you are able to follow the footsteps of Walt Elias Disney as a legendary story unfolds in this gallery showing various artifacts and informative exhibits. At the end of the gallery, Guests enter a theater which tells the story of Walt Disney, Disneyland and the whole company by using music, screens and audio animatronics on the scale of the American Adventure.
After exploring Central Plaza, you will be able to walk down one of the three streets of Walt Disney Avenue. There will be one Main Street leading from the entrance to Gardens of Magic and eventually Sorcerer's Castle and two other streets leading to smaller squares on the right and left sides of the area in which other attractions, shows, meet and greet options, shops and dining options will be present. Guests will also be able however to walk through one of the two arcade passageways, similar to the ones at Disneyland Paris. Just to give a clearer overview of how this will work. Just imagine Disneyland Paris' Main Street. Now, where the arcades are there, we would have the streets to the other two squares. These squares would have roads to Gardens of Magic and again a few passageways to the central Main Street, for example an open Center Street, but with arches, because if you walk from Main Street to one of the two side streets, you have to pass through the arcades. Just to avoid the confusion, let's get back to the tour... Down the central Main Street, you will find one of the most iconic experiences of the area or even the park, the Walt Disney Emporium. This will be the largest store in the park and offers apparel, plush toys, pins, candy and much more. One of the most enjoyable things about the Emporium are it's magical window displays, which have small Disney movie dioramas in it. On your right, you will find the Cookie Carnaval Shop, which will be based on the Silly Symphonies short, Cookie Carnival (1935). Follow your nose across Walt Disney Avenue for some baked cookie delight. Next to this will be the Look at the Blue Birdy Camera Shop, which sells cameras, polaroids, photopasses, photo frames etc. The name is based on the Blue Bird from the Song of the South movie.
If you walk on, then on the right you will find the Ugly Duckling Clothier, a small shop based on the Ugly Duckling short and the classic story by Hans Christian Andersen. The shop offers different kinds of Disney outfits and wearables. Next to the shop will be a small passageway, leading to the east side street, which we will discover later on. In the side street, you can find Tony's Restaurant, an Italian restaurant based on the iconic Disney movie scenes in Lady and the Tramp. Share spaghetti and meatballs and more at this fun eatery and dine like the stars in a romantic European atmosphere. Back to Main Street. On the left you will still find the Emporium, but on the right Guests will find the Sugar Plum Salon, which will be an ice cream salon which will offer scoop ice cream of course and will be themed to the sugar plum fairy parts in Fantasia. A familiar soundtrack will play inside the salon inspired by The Nutcracker Suite. Then, Guests will pass by the Mad Hatter Haberdashery. Even though, the shop has it's name from the Alice in Wonderland character, it won't be fully themed to it. The exterior however will be themed to the Mad Hatter's iconic hat. Inside you will be able to find headwear in any size, colour and shape you desire. After that you will find Center street.
On the corner of Main Street and Center street, you will find the Carthay Circle Theatre. Inside will be the Mickey and the Enchanted Projector Attraction. This attraction will be a 4D theatre with audio animatronics and physical effects and will send you from the Movie Theatre right into Disney movies and shorts while Mickey tries to avoid all the chaos. Just imagine family thrilling scenes through shorts and movies like The Brave Little Tailor, Jungle Rhythm and Frolicking Fish. Next to this attraction will be one of the main restaurants of the park, the Fantasia Hall. The restaurant will be a Versailles Palace like building with beautiful murals of Fantasia scenes. The restaurant will serve dishes from French, Spanish, Italian, Greek and American cuisine. After that, you will pass by Mother Goose Melodies, a cottage in which lunch meals will be served, think of toast, sandwiches and more. On the corner near the Gardens of Magic will be Goofy's Candy Company. An industrial building in which Goofy has placed one of his company's stores. In this shop you will follow the sweet smell of all the various types of candy.
Moving to the other side of Main Street, Guests will find the Yo Yo Flamingo Ice Lolly Shop. In front of the shop will be a flamingo pond, but inside will be the real fun. This shop will serve popsicles and will be themed to the Fantasia part. Next to that will be the McDuck Arcade. Gamble on it and play some classic American Arcade games in this hall owned by the money-craving Scrooge McDuck. Then you will find Mickey's House of Amaze, the magic shop of Main Street. Just think of your traditional magic shop with Mickey the Magician theming. In the store you can buy magic items or watch cast members perform a trick. Then again you will find the Center Street. If you cross the street you will again find the Emporium, so that's why we will now explore the side streets. From Central Plaza onto the East side street you will again find different shops and restaurants on both sides of the streets. At first you will walk past the Main Street Museum and the Look at the Blue Birdy Shop. Then on the right you will find the Lola Fish Restaurant. This will be an Asian restaurant themed to the Lola Fish in the Fantasia film. Next to this restaurant will be the Nine Old Men Bar. This Bar will serve special drinks and will be themed to a 1920s Californian bar in which you can see various sketches of cartoon characters. The Nine Old Men were Walt Disney's Core animators, Les Clark, Marc Davis, Ollie Johnston, Milt Kahl, Ward Kimball, Eric Larson, John Lounsbery, Wolfgang Reitherman and Frank Thomas. True fans can immerse themselves into a small bar with thousands of tiny details, waiting to be found and understood. Look closely and you might notice a little mouse who drank too much (audio animatronic)sitting in one of the champagne glasses. This little mouse will be based on the one seem in Silly Symphonies' The Country Cousin.

Facing the bar will be the Pin Collector shop. This small shop will offer pins with every character or attraction you desire. You can even make design your own pins or of course collect the limited edition pins. Again on the right you will find a shop, the Crystal Palace Jewelry Store. This store will be similar to the other jewelry stores in the park which offer wearables, wine glasses or other souvenirs. The building will be themed to the Crystal Palace restaurant at the Magic Kingdom Park in Orlando. Then you will find the Roy O. Disney Theatre. Inside will be a venue where world-class entertainment will be hosted. The show will be sure to switch or change from time to time, but initially starts with the Golden Mickeys show, a musical, revue-style stage show presented in the style of an awards ceremony with characters from Disney films being nominated and awarded for different categories. It will be a 35-minute long show and enjoyable for Guests of all ages. Sweetheart's Bakery is where Guests can find their sweet bread goods. This little bakery will be themed to Minnie Mouse and her interest in baking. Try the pastries, pies and cupcakes! If you look around you might notice a kitten's head popping out of one of the pies, another one stuck with his head in an empty milk bottle and one fighting against a pepper grinder, making him sneeze every few minutes. This will be a small reference to the Silly Symphonies short, 'Three Orphan Kittens'.
The Theatre will be directly at the right side end of Center Street and faces the Walt Disney Avenue Hotel(an attraction, so not the Disneyland Park Hotel at the park's entrance). Past Center Street, on the left you will see the Fantasia Hall again and a passageway towards the Mickey and the Enchanted Projector attraction. On the other side of the street will be the Laugh-O-Gram Office, a small walkthrough and shop in which you can buy Laugh-O Gram merchandise and learn about the short-lived film studio in Kansas City. Next to the Laugh-O-Gram Office will be the Club 33 Lounge. Club 33 is a set of private clubs located in several Disney parks and will now find its way to this Disneyland Park. However, it will have a public and a private seating area so that it doesn't completely shut out a large group of Guests from the experience. Lastly the Red Wagon Inn will be a larger buffet restaurant themed to the unbuilt Red Wagon Inn restaurant that was supposed to be built. It will be themed to the horse-drawn delivery wagon which used to serve Swift Premium Foods in the 1900s. Facing the Red Wagon Inn will be the Broken Toy Shop, a toy shop themed to the Silly Symhonies short. A miniature train will race around the store and other small interactive elements will amaze Guests in this cute traditional toy shop. Next to this shop we will again find the Goofy Candy Company.
If we turn back to Central Plaza and turn to the West Side Street, we will first see the Emporium on the right and the Fire Station on the left. The whole right side until Center Street will be occupied with entryways to the Emporium. On the left you will first of all find the Practical Pig Hardware shop, a small shop in which you can find The Three Little Pigs merchandise and practical themed Disney items. It will be similar to the themed building in Mickey Avenue at Shanghai Disneyland. Connected to this building is a house of bricks, home to Practical Pig. Near the door, Guests will find a sign which says that if they knock the door, the pigs are sure to invite them to the party. If Guests actually do knock, they'll activate an audio animatronic diorama of the pigs singing 'Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?'. Then, you will walk into the Music Land shop, themed to another classic Silly Symphonies short. Here you will again find merchandise and will be able to enjoy different types of music. Inside, a vintage radio plays familiar tunes and broadcasts short messages inspired by Disney and Silly Symphonies shorts(for example the Baby Weemps United Nations speech). Then, there will be the Rhapsody in Brew restaurant, a quick service based on the Rhapsody in Brew in Fantasia 2000. Then, Jaccus' Fruit Cart will offer healthy meals and smoothies in a Greek Fantasia atmosphere. Connecting to Jaccus' Fruit Cart will be Bacchus' Winery, a Mediterranean restaurant themed to the Greek God of wine. A central fountain in the restaurant will be the highlight here, as it is themed to Bacchus himself enjoying the red wine flowing around him, which is in reality water with projectors pointed at it.
At the end of the Center Street on the West side will be the Walt Disney Avenue Hotel. Get disoriented in this mad hotel which holds a surprise in every hallway and room. It will be a walkthrough madhouse with turntables, a slide, a mirror labyrinth and more. The last part of Walt Disney Avenue towards Gardens of Magic will feature three more dining options and one more shop. On the left, you will find the Creator's Workshop, a quick service themed to a big manor in which a mysterious artist has worked on cartoons, movies and theme park designs. Dine amongst these concept arts and see how they come to live from time to time. Next to this will be the True-Life Adventure Collection, a shop themed to the Disneyland series. It will be themed to a collection of a traveler from Walt Disney Avenue who has often visited Adventureland. Lastly, facing the shop and the Creator's Workshop will be Walt's. This restaurant will be very similar to the one that can be found on Main Street U.S.A. at Disneyland Paris. It will have two levels, even offering a reserved area for the nighttime shows. Oh, and of course let's not forget about the Arcade passageways and on the corner will be Goofy's Sports Club, a Casey's Corner like quick service in which you can watch the Goofy Sports shorts. The East Side Arcade will be the History Arcade, showcasing the history of Walt Disney in small exhibits. The West Side Arcade is the Future Arcade in which you can see exhibits about future films, expansions etc.
Walt Disney Avenue:

Attractions:
- Walt Disney Railroad
- Walt Disney Avenue Vehicles
- One Man's Dream Gallery
- Mickey and the Enchanted Projector
- The Red Trolley Line
- The Golden Carousel
- The McDuck Arcade
- The Walt Disney Avenue Hotel

Dining Options:
- Tony's Restaurant
- Walt's
- Sweetheart's Bakery
- Sugar Plum Salon
- Red Wagon Inn
- Goofy's Sports Club
- Yo Yo Flamingo Ice Lolly Shop
- Rhapsody in Brew
- Jaccus' Fruit Cart
- The Fantasia Hall
- Bacchus' Winery
- The Cookie Carnival
- The Lola Fish
- The Creator's Workshop
- Mother Goose Melodies
- Club 33 Lounge
- The Nine Old Men Bar

Shops:
- The Broken Toy Shop
- Music Land
- The Walt Disney Emporium
- Mad Hatter Haberdashery
- The Pin Collector
- Look at the Blue Birdy Camera Shop
- The Ugly Duckling Clothier
- Goofy's Candy Company
- Practical Pig Hardware
- Mickey's House of Amaze
- The Laugh-O-Gram Office
- The True Life Adventure Collection
- Crystal Palace Jewelry

Entertainment:
- Disney's Philharmagic Parade
- Disney's Celebration of Dreams Parade
- Disney's Illuminate the Night Parade
- The Walt Disney Avenue Band
- Madame Upanova's Dance Class
- The Golden Mickeys
- Live Bands ( The Three Little Pigs, The Skeleton Dance)
- Walt Disney Avenue Jolly Trolley Stop
- The Firehouse Five Plus Two

Meet and Greets:
- Mickey Mouse and Friends
- The Three Little Pigs
- Scrooge McDuck
- Silly Symphonies Stars
- Disney Stars
- Fantasia Ballet Dancers and stars
- The Ugly Duckling

So I hope you have enjoyed the little tour around Walt Disney Avenue. If you have any questions, suggestions or ideas just let me know. Next time we will walk through the quaint green areas of the Gardens of Magic.

Last edited:

orlando678-

Original Poster
Are you going to use the Pirates of The Caribbean franchise for Buccaneer Bay or is that going to be a more original land ? And what about Bog Easy ? Is it going to be similar to New Orleans Square ?
Buccaneer Bay will be based on the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise and will feature nods to the original Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. Also, Bog Easy is a smaller area themed to the southern cities and mysterious bayous of Louisiana.

Suchomimus

Buccaneer Bay will be based on the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise and will feature nods to the original Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. Also, Bog Easy is a smaller area themed to the southern cities and mysterious bayous of Louisiana.
Thanks for the info and one more question; does this mean you'll probably use The Princess and The Frog for Bog Easy ?

Suchomimus

I hope you get the chance to come back and continue imagineering.
P.S. Are the other theme parks (Meltdown Bay Grizzly Gulch and Lost Valley) all water theme parks like Volcano Bay?
P.P.S. Sorry for asking so many questions.

orlando678-

Original Poster
I hope you get the chance to come back and continue imagineering.
P.S. Are the other theme parks (Meltdown Bay Grizzly Gulch and Lost Valley) all water theme parks like Volcano Bay?
P.P.S. Sorry for asking so many questions.
Hey im still working on it, it just needs some time. Also, you mentioned Meltdown Bay, Grizzly Gulch and the Lost Valley. These will, like you said, serve as the resort's water parks.

orlando678-

Original Poster
Yes, I'm still alive :eek::
Gardens of Magic

Once upon a time a powerful wizard wandered these plain lands to find mysterious caves in which crystals told stories of faraway magic kingdoms. The sorcerer, who had felt responsible for this powerful kind of magic source decided to reside here. The Sorcerer’s Castle was created and now lurks guests of Walt Disneyland Park to the heart of the park, The Gardens of Magic, which were planted with a magic bean. Eight enchanted gardens grew and formed portals to all magic realms of Walt Disneyland Park and still act as the power source of magic to balance the lands. Upon entering this area, Guests will find that the Gardens are enclosed by a copper gate. Tangling around the gate, are glowing roots, growing from the gardens. I see the gates as an easier way to control crowds and close lands if necessary.
Each land has a specific gate which opens up a path to a bridge leading to that specific themed area. The Gardens of Magic will be a forested area with flower beds, streams of water, lakes, ponds, grass beds, trees, dining options, meet and greet areas, shops and of course some attractions. This is because the Gardens of Magic is seen as a full land on its own, similarly to the Gardens of Imagination at Shanghai Disney Resort. As said, the area features 8 gardens, the garden of symphonies, the garden of peace, the garden of friends, the garden of laughter, the garden of stories, the garden of fantasy, the secret garden and the castle garden.
1531479547761.png
Past the gates, dividing Walt Disney Avenue and the Gardens, Guests will find the classic ‘’partners statue’’ in which Mickey Mouse and Walt Disney welcome each and every one. Directly on your right you will find the Garden of Friends. This area is dedicated to Disney characters and features statues of some of your favorites. It is similar to Fantasy Gardens at Hong Kong Disneyland, especially with the small themed pavilions in which Guests can have special character experiences.
1531479732649.png
Nearby lies a small shop called Chip and Dale’s Treehouse Supplies, selling Disney character souvenirs. Another magical feature about the area are the topiary displays of characters, which are similar to the ones that can be found at Walt Disney World’s Epcot during the Flower and Garden Festival. Furthermore, Guests can find a mural of all Disney characters ever (of course limited to the main and memorable ones, but at least of every animated movie). It will be an impressive artwork which will always have space to expand.
The Garden of Peace is one in which Guests can find relaxing winding paths along grass beds where they will be allowed to lay on or have picnics. Waterfalls sending water into small racing streams create a peaceful atmosphere. This is the place to find rest and shade, away from all the crowds. The Picnic Basket will be a quick service dining option offering sandwiches and other breakfast and lunch meals, while the Glade, a table service dining option offers quality dishes and meals accompanied with a beautiful seating area near the waterside. This is also where Guests will be able to find The Old Mill. Take a seat in one of the buckets on the spinning old mill based on the 1937 silly symphonies cartoon. This will be one of the smaller attractions of the area, but still offers an entertaining, relaxing and thematic coherent experience.
The Garden of Fantasy will be one of the larger gardens. It is based on the ideal of imagination and the existence of magic and fantastic creatures. This is also where Guests can find The Firebird attraction. In this rollercoaster attraction, Guests will journey to the top of a green mountain together with the Green Sprite, but beware of the Firebird, likely to wake up. This mountain will have a similar position to what the Matterhorn at Disneyland has, but of course with a different theme and ride system. The highlight scene of the attraction will feature an impressive audio animatronic firebird figure accompanied with special light and projected mapping effects that bring the short story of the Firebird to life in front of your eyes.
At the foot of the mountain lies Fantasy Forest, a labyrinth. Wander through an enchanting forest, full with magical creatures, mysterious pathways and surprises around every corner. This walkthrough experience offers encounters with creatures that were once planned for Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Beastly Kingdom and creatures from classic Disney movies. Nearby is the Flower and Trees Terrace, which gives Guests the opportunity to refresh before exploring the rest of the Gardens. Around the restaurant, you might notice the themed topiaries which will be shaped similarly to the characters in the Flowers and Trees short film and even the restaurant's atmospheric soundtrack will be inspired by the short's music. Around the Garden you might pass by nymphs, which are similar to the ones wandering around Disney’s Animal Kingdom, but also sort of look like the ones in Hercules. Enchanted Mushrooms will be another smaller spinner attraction in the Gardens of Magic. Take a spin in one of Fantasia’s Mushroom as you dance to various musical segments of the movie. This means that there are multiple soundtracks to the ride which are randomized in a similar way to Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters at Disney's California Adventure.
Next is a mysterious hedge maze like area, surrounded by beds of roses. This is where you will find the Secret Garden, but unlike the others, this one is not an exploratory walk around area, but actually an attraction on its own. This attraction will be a simple form of a trackless dark ride revealing the backstory of the Gardens of Magic and the origin of the magic beans. Explore a magical garden hidden away from the rest of the world, here an eccentric ecosystem grows ready to be uncovered. It will be a musical journey in which enchanting plants, flowers and trees open up a mystic world, but watch out for a Giant who claims the magic beans to be his.
If Guests walk a bit further on, they will find that they have reached the most northern point of the gardens, The Castle Garden. This delicate garden area, based on classic French and Italian gardens offer perfect viewing areas for castle shows and a promenade on which the park’s parades pass by. And if that wasn’t enough, it is also home to The Enchanted Canal Boats where you can cruise the rivers in the Gardens of Magic in a beautiful gondoletta and go past dazzling displays of music, light and wonder. These displays will be similar to the ones which were planned for the unbuilt Fantasia Gardens attraction and the ones which can be seen in Shanghai Disney’s Voyage to the Crystal Grotto.
Then Guests will stumble upon another one of the bigger gardens, The Garden of Stories. This is where Guests can enter the Castle Ruin Theatre, where they can enjoy the Enchanted Storytime show, which will be similar to the show at Fantasy Faire at Disneyland. Hear ye..Hear ye.. Lords and ladies of all ages are cordially invited to watch legendary Disney tales come to life! The show uses puppetry and smaller show effects to tell the stories in a fun and entertaining way. To purchase some souvenirs or enjoy delightful European meals, Guests can visit Thumper’s Hollow and Bambi’s Forest Goods. Storybook treats will be another customer quick service offering American and European snacks and meals and themed to a stack of books. Around the area Guest will be able to find dioramas similar to the ones in the Fairy Tale Forest attraction at Hong Kong Disneyland, miniature displays similar to the ones in the Storybook Land Canal Boats and interactive talkers of characters like Bambi and Meeko.
1531479624800.png
The Garden is also home to one of Disney’s classic attractions, Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Take to the skies with everybody’s favourite flying elephant for a breathtaking view of the Gardens of Magic below. This version of the attraction features the duo spinners and return time-queue which can also be found at the Magic Kingdom in Orlando. Timothy’s Treats serves circus snacks like corn dogs, popcorn, hot dogs and cotton candy. Casey Junior’s Train Stop will be a small shop selling Dumbo souvenirs. Near the water is a table service restaurant called The Wise Willow Tree. This indoor restaurant will be themed to Pocahontas and Grandmother Willow. In the center of the restaurant, Guests will find an audio animatronic Grandmother Willow interacting with Guests, telling stories and activating effects around the restaurant. From time to time Pocahontas and her friends will greet you inside or nearby the restaurant.
One of the more wacky and playful areas here, however is the Garden of Laughter where children can run and play around the adventure trails and playgrounds. Slides, rope trails, play fortresses, swings and everything your youngest group members could think of are present at the Garden of Laughter.This area is characterized by interactive features like glowing walk ways and mad plant forms that can be activated by touch. Around the area will also be some splash zones in which water fountains and unexpected water features will soak you. At night the area will become bioluminescent and offers colorful shows of light. The Greenhouse will be another table service restaurant which will be similar to the Enchanted Garden restaurant, but it will feature audio animatronic dioramas of plants and flowers.
The last one of the gardens is the Garden of Symphonies, dedicated to music. This area will also be quite interactive as the plants and flowers will be making music if Guests activate them. Next to that, small dioramas of enchanting flowers and plants forming biological orchestras will lighten up the area with a swinging atmosphere. A round building formed out of musical instrument shapes is home to Philharmonica. Take a seat in this Theatre of Symphonies and go on a musical misadventure with Donald Duck through several random iconic movie scenes. This attraction will be similar to Philharmagic, but will instead feature a randomized scene system, similar to Star Tours. This causes Guests to experience a different combination of musical movie scenes every time they enter the Theatre. Examples of new scenes will be I wanna be like you( The Jungle Book), Let it Go( Frozen), Zero to Hero(Hercules) and You're Welcome(Moana/Vaiana).
83f0a9d69fa63c276ffd2a00fe5e5028.jpg
Gardens of Magic:
Attractions:

• Fantasy Forest
  • The Secret Garden
  • Philharmonica
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • The Enchanted Canal Boats
  • Enchanted Mushrooms
  • The Old Mill
  • The Firebird
Restaurants:
  • Flowers and Trees Terrace
  • Bambi’s Forest Goods
  • Timothy’s Treats
  • The Wise Willow Tree
  • The Glade
  • Storybook Treats
  • The Picnic Basket
  • The Greenhouse
Shops:
  • Casey Junior Train Stop
  • Thumper’s Hollow
  • Chip and Dale’s Treehouse Supply
Entertainment:
  • Enchanted Storytime
  • Mickey’s Pageant of Dreams
  • The Golden Ball Celebration
  • Happily Ever After Nighttime Spectacular
Meet and Greets:
  • Mickey and Friends
  • The Garden of Friends
  • Bambi and Friends
  • Pocahontas and Friends
  • Nymphs
The next part of our tour will be around the rest of Walt Disneyland Park. Clockwise the lands will be Tomorrowland at the bottom left, followed by World Expo, Adventureland, Buccaneer Bay, Fantasyland, Timeless Riverside, Bog Easy and finally Frontierland. Hope to see you soon!(Let's hope it won't take as long as last time :banghead:)

Last edited:

orlando678-

Original Poster
Tomorrowland

The first land you and your party decide to discover happens to be the land of the future and innovation, Tomorrowland. Just like Walt’s dedication of Tomorrowland: ’’A vista into a world of wondrous ideas, signifying Man’s achievements…A step into the future, with predictions of constructed things to come. Tomorrow offers new frontiers in science, adventure and ideals. The Atomic Age, the challenge of Outer Space and the hope for a peaceful, unified world.’’, this land will immerse Guests into a futuristic civilization built on science and technology. Even though Tomorrowland has always been a struggling area in the parks, I feel like Shanghai Disney was really heading into the right direction, however they still mainly let IP take over. That’s something I won’t do here, but instead use some appropriate IP mixed with original theme park attractions.
Past the gate of Tomorrowland, which is covered with blue and purple glowing roots, lies the bridge to the city of tomorrow, where scientists and visionaries have created the world of tomorrow. The land’s story is mainly based on the discovery of Luna Stone, Tomorrowland’s most precious and efficient energy source. The gate is marked by two waterfalls at the sides, similar to the original Tomorrowland entrance at Disneyland. Above the path is a holographic screen reading ‘’Welcome to Tomorrowland’’. The style of the area is mainly inspired by the Tomorrowland movie and Shanghai Disney’s Tomorrowland. Past the gate you will find a path lurking you to the opening hub of Tomorrowland. This opening hub has paths leading to side roads and to the central ponds and Hovercrafts spinner attraction. Fly over the futuristic environments of Tomorrowland aboard of your very own hovercraft. This will be another variant of the astro orbiter/flyjets spinner attraction in Tomorrowland, but features futuristic hovercraft vehicles, which can move up/down, left/right and tilt slightly to offer a special experience.
Roaring around the Hovercrafts will be Tron lightcycles, which pass by on a raised track. These lightcycles are part of the Tron: Infiniti ride, which can be found inside the Tomorrowland Video Game and Virtual Experience Corporation Building. Discover Tomorrowland’s newest video game technology that sends you into the action of your favorite video games, but don’t get trapped in the virtual world of the Grid. In this attraction Guests board lightcycles which attend a power run, but encounter Clu who has returned to rid imperfections from his system. Therefore you will have to escape the virtual world, which of course happens with a fast blast out of the building and past the Hovercrafts.
Going back to the side roads I talked about earlier on, the side road on the right leads to Wall-E’s Extraordinar-E Adventure. In this dark ride Guests will board futuristic pods and join Wall-E and his friends on an amazing adventure to re-built Earth. This attraction will act as a sort of sequel to the movie as we actually meet the robot during his quest to slowly build a futuristic and intelligent civilization, which becomes part of the Tomorrowland story. The theme of green energy returns here as the green plant becomes an attraction icon and plays a huge part in the ride itself. The ride will also be interactive as guests have to play games on the screens applied in their pods so that the Earth is cleaned or make decisions on how the world of the future should look like. Next to the building that hosts this attraction, will be the Axiom Comfort Station. This is where you can try futuristic meals, divided into two categories, the guilty pleasure Axiom meals from the movies and the healthy green world meals which are healthier alternatives to the meals mentioned before.
The side road on the left leads to the Living Seas Institute of Tomorrowland. This futuristic Sea Base is home to another Tomorrowland e-ticket attraction called Deep Sea Exploration. In this attraction Guests board vehicles similar to the dry-for-wet submarine pods in Tokyo DisneySEA’s 20,000 leagues under the sea in which they are all able to perform a part in the research. Examples of this parts are light control, steering wheel, species scan etc. They will then explore the deepest depths of the oceans which are yet to be uncovered, but beware of its’ inhabitants. In the queue, Guests will learn about deep sea research and the technological advances made to perform efficient research. The ride is mainly based on the unknown depths of the oceans, where unimaginable kinds of creatures and undersea ecosystems are formed.
Both side roads will lead to a raised square, where you will first bump into the Tron: Infiniti building. Two arches with paths on the sides however, lead you to Tomorrowland Central Square. This is where you stand in awe of the futuristic architecture and the attention for detail. There will even be holographic screens with Tomorrowland advertisements of futuristic products or vacation trips and of course things related to Tomorrowland attractions, like the newest video game technologies. Therefore it will feel like a very futuristic version of Times Square and Piccadilly Circus. In the center of the Grand Central Square, Guests will find the modernized version of the Tomorrowland World Clock, based on the one that was originally found at Disneyland.
The one that building that directly towers above the rest of Tomorrowland is the Intergalactic Experiences’ Spaceport. This is where you are able to board Walt Disneyland Park’s version of Space Mountain, Space Voyage. Travel to the furthest ends of the galaxy with one of Intergalactic Experiences’ rockets. This ride is based on the ideas of space travel and tourism in outerspace. In the queue, you will find advertisements for space vacation trips and special experiences, but also find out that the Luna Stone was discovered by the Intergalactic Experiences Company. The ride itself uses impressive grand scenery and amazing projection mapping effects to completely immerse you into the world of space. At the exit of the ride Guests will find the Intergalactic Imports shop where you can find the Tomorrowland souvenirs you have been looking for. Outside the building, Guests can find the ship that was used to discover the energy source, The Luna Moonliner. The Luna Moonliner Café is now a place where Guests come for comfort and refreshment while being reminded of the greatest discovery in Tomorrowland.
The area will feature futuristic pathways, fountains, grass beds, trees and statues to make it look like you are actually walking through the City of Tomorrow. The whole of the area supports the creation of a green and peaceful future in which innovation and cooperation are key. Just around a corner, Guests will find the Alpha Centauri Restaurant. A table service restaurant in which Guests are sent to the outer space base of Alpha Centauri, based on the outer space scene in Epcot’s extinct Horizons attraction. The restaurant will be similar to the upcoming space restaurant that will be found at Epcot soon. Enjoy out of the ordinary combinations and futuristic types of food preparations by the use of professional cuisine techniques and try ice dipping, which uses nitrogen to create an interesting way of dining.
Another Tomorrowland attraction is Autopia, but this will be nothing like the ride you know. Ride a futuristic car and race through the city of tomorrow. This ride will be similar to the planned Mario Kart attraction coming to the Universal Studios Park and to Test Track at Epcot. Guests will wear augmented reality goggles which will show them holographic messages and help make the effects of the attraction look more realistic. In the attraction Guests board the newest type of self-driving cars and see parts of the City of Tomorrow. The ride will have a randomized system as it has multiple tracks and paths that the vehicle may take. This is how Guests can for example experience a gangster attack, a mission to save Tomorrowland citizens aboard a defect hovercraft or a drive through the mall of the future. The attraction will use a combination of physical sets and screen effects and features fast-paced and slower scenes. Near the exit of the attraction, you will find E-Fashion, a futuristic clothing store, where you can use the mirror function to fit your clothes by the use of holographic effects or order specific sizes and designs at the wall delivery service. Here a robotic system fulfills your desires and sends the desired products to a cabin which opens up as soon as the Guest has paid.
Then you will find the Tomorrowland Power Station. This is where the central computer systems of Tomorrowland can be found. Inside, however, Guests can experience the Virus Fighters attraction. Help Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope von Schweetz to disable a biting virus in Tomorrowland’s computer systems. This attraction sends you and your party on a mission to find out what is wrong with the computer systems while given a tour of the building, but then find out that Ralph and Vanellope have found a virus in the system that is trying to hack all the Tomorrowland programmes. This attraction will be 4D computer animated simulator ride, similar to Universal Studios’ Despicable Me Minion Mayhem. At the exit of the attraction, Guests can wander through the Solar Supplies store, which offers Wreck-It Ralph and Tomorrowland merchandise.
Another shop in Tomorrowland is Tomorrowlanding, the biggest store in Tomorrowland, which sells the general Tomorrowland and Disney souvenirs. The Lunch Pods will be a small quick service restaurant with outside seating area where Guests can enjoy futuristic lunch meals. Sit in your own pod which is applied with a screen that provides park and Tomorrowland information. The Droid factory will be the largest restaurant in Tomorrowland. It will be a table service restaurant where audio animatronic droids will be around the inside seating areas. These will move from time to time in a similar way to Rainforest Café’s animals, but of course in a totally different setting. The Droid Factory is set near the path to the neighbouring themed area, World Expo, but of course we will leave that for later.
The last attraction of Tomorrowland is set inside The Land Institute. This is where Guests can find Carnivora, an advanced KUKA arm rollercoaster in which you are given a tour of the Land Institute and witness their experiments. The Land Institute is known for finding the border between nature and technology. This time, however, the experiments have gone completely wrong. Therefore it is now time to escape the Land Institute when these ambitious experiments turn into a natural disaster with gigantic carnivorous plants coming to life and attacking each and every one they find. The attraction will be on a similar thrill level to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and Dinosaur at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

Tomorrowland
Attractions:

• Autopia
  • Space Voyage
  • Tron: Infiniti
  • Virus Fighters
  • Wall-E’s Extraordinar-E Adventure
  • Hovercrafts
  • Deep Sea Exploration
  • Carnivora
Restaurants:
  • Alpha Centauri Restaurant
  • Luna Moonliner Café
  • Lunch Pods
  • Axiom Comfort Station
  • The Droid Factory
Shops:
  • Intergalactic Imports
  • E-fashion
  • Solar Supplies
  • Tomorrowlanding
Entertainment:
Meet and Greets:

• Tomorrowland citizens
  • Tron characters
  • Wall-E and friends

From the futuristic world of Tomorrowland to the retro innovative world of World Expo, see you soon :happy:!

Last edited:

orlando678-

Original Poster
World Expo

1531683878620.png

If we get back to the Gardens of Magic and walk up to our next land we find a gate covered in purple and silver glowing roots. This is World Expo, a land in which we travel to an Epcot like world. World Expo is where visionaries showcase their plans and ideas in separate pavilions. It is mainly inspired by the World’s Fair and Epcot and will have a very retro feel to it. The bridge is overarched by a retro sign reading ‘’Welcome to the World Expo’’. Behind this arch lies the Avenue of Nations. The Avenue of Nations has flags of all the countries of the World lined up next to the path and leads you to the large silver World fountain in the back, which is also the central hub of World Expo. The attractions, restaurants, shows and shops can be found circling around this central hub.
1531683911954.png
Take a left and you will immediately find a curious round building. As you near it, you notice that it starts rotating and you start wondering, ‘’what could this curious building be?’’. Well this building is home to Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress. Travel through the 20th Century to see how technology has improved our way of life during this classic audio animatronic show. The show will be redesigned and will receive new technology, especially the audio animatronics will be upgraded compared to the familiar show. This version of the attraction features scenes talking about the 1900s-50s, 50s-2000s, 21th Century and the future.
1531683939219.png
A pathway leading up the building (or the elevators for people who have difficulties walking) takes you to the Progress City Terrace. This indoor restaurant is set inside a glass building which uses windows to look at a model of Progress City. The model of Progress City is placed in an indoor dark room which uses projections and small moving dioramas to make it look as if we actually have a view over the city in the far horizon. The restaurant serves classic American meals and European dishes.
1531684113143.png
Next you will find a rectangular building with an opening arch which actually is the entrance to The Edison Square restaurant. This restaurant is based on the once planned Edison Square, which was supposed to be an extension of Main Street U.S.A. and would showcase electricity and innovation. Once inside the building you will actually find the once planned colonial square. Inside the colonial buildings are themed rooms in which guests can dine amongst dioramas that were once planned for the attraction. It will also be sort of similar to The Edison at Disney Springs and offers a similar menu. The Edison Square Restaurant lies next to the path leading to Tomorrowland.
1531684145650.png
On the other side of that path you will find the Exposition store, a large interactive store that has expositions and exhibits similar to the ones found and planned for Epcot’s Innoventions. Here you can find your Epcot, World Expo and World’s fair memorabilia. The store will be connected to the Foodcoaster Café. This restaurant adopts the rollercoaster service system from Europapark Germany’s Foodloop Restaurant. On the table there is a computer screen on which Guests can place their orders. The food and drinks are served by overhead tubes which go in loops and sharp turns to finally reach your table.
1531684182503.png
Past these buildings Guests will find waterfalls going the wrong way and jumping water fountains leading to rainbow pyramids. Inside Guests can find The Journey into Imagination in which you join Figment the purple dragon and the Dreamfinder on a whimsical journey through a world of dreams and fantasies. This amazing attraction will be an advanced trackless dark ride similar to Mystic Manor past scenes based on art, music, literature, science, movies, illusions and even end up in the forest of nightmares. The finale of the ride brings us to the Dreamport. The Dreamport scene will be like a cloud made room with vaults filled with dreams and imagination. You will be able to see various orbs with dreams of children inside, like a girl who dreams to be a princess and a boy who dreams to be a pirate. At the exit you can find the ImageWorks shop, where you can purchase your Figment and Dreamfinder merchandise.
1531684208994.png
Guests will then find Club Cool, a very retro outdoor seating area and quick service dining option in a style similar to the Men in Black attraction and area at Universal Studios Orlando. Here you can find mist to cool off and try out the many different combinations of soda with the coca cola freestyle system which offers more than 100 flavor combinations. Next to Club Cool, you can find the Grand Showcase stage. This is a show spectacular in which various inventors and innovators come together to showcase their inventions and ideas. It will be a fun interactive show in which Guests are asked to try out the inventions. Of course, this leads to a lot of funny and interesting moments.
1531684240893.png
Then a darker corner in which a path leads to a mysterious futuristic house, which sort of looks familiar. This is the House of the Future walkthrough attraction. Go on a tour inside a home of the future and find out what the future has to offer for our lifestyle. This walkthrough attraction is a collaboration between Disney and worldwide companies that showcase their predictions of the future house designs and interior features. Guests will be able to walk by dioramas and interact with Tom-Morrow, your audio animatronic host of the tour.
Even though you had noticed this next building already, you decided to take a look at all the other buildings on the left side first, but you can’t really look past the joy and colorful palace in which It’s A Small World is located. In front of the attraction you will find the original Four Winds statue that was present at New York’s World’s Fair. This will be the largest It’s A Small World attraction, but it won’t be the attraction you’re familiar with. This version will actually be a family flume attraction, that won’t let you cruise past the show scenes, but immerses you into them. Embark on the happiest cruise that has ever sailed around the globe past a jubilant confection of singing children. Imagine a boat ride with a similar fluent system to the Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure ride at Shanghai Disneyland, with drops (no big ones), turn tables and even scenes in reverse. Escape happy hippos in Africa, get caught up in a Polynesian luau, dodge the leaning tower of Pisa, enter a mysterious Cambodian temple and meet Queen Cleopatra herself.
1531684298798.png
The singing children audio animatronics will therefore not be the limited motion audio animatronics but actually advanced figures. The original white finale will be featured as the grand finale of the attraction though and parts of the new version of Tokyo Disneyland’s ride will be part of this version. At the exit of the attraction, Guests wander through the Small World Imports shop, where you can purchase your It’s A Small World souvenirs. Also hosted inside the building is The Globetrotter restaurant, a large food court like restaurant serving food from all around the world. Guests will be able to choose counters which are divided by country regions or continents and then dine underneath a large zeppelin prop in which Small World children can be found. The walls are covered in world maps.
1531684471056.png
Lastly on the bottom right (or directly on your right if you enter World Expo from the Avenue of Nations) is a triangular building. Inside Guests can find the Jetpacks rollercoaster ride. This will be an indoor inverted rollercoaster in which you power up, up and away with the wonder, freedom and exhilarating thrill of this retro-futuristic flight. This attraction will be slightly based off the jetpack that was found in the Tomorrowland movie and The Rocketeer character. The thrill level will be aka Rock ‘N’ Rollercoaster as Guests will be launched twice and actually feel the rush of soaring through the clouds. Next to this building will be The Railroad Restaurant. This attraction will be based on the original Disneyland Railroad Dioramas. Guests will be seated in different rooms, themed to for example the Primeval World or Grand Canyon dioramas.

World Expo
Attractions:

• It’s A Small World
  • Carousel of Progress
  • Jetpacks
  • Journey into Imagination
  • The House of the Future
Restaurants:
  • The Globetrotter
  • Foodcoaster Café
  • Club Cool
  • Progressland Terrace
  • Edison Square
  • The Railroad Restaurant
Shops:
  • Small World Imports
  • Exposition
  • ImageWorks
Entertainment:
  • The Grand Showcase
Meet and Greets:
  • The Dreamfinder and Figment

Last edited:

orlando678-

Original Poster
Adventureland

Once upon an adventurous night a selfish explorer discovered an uncharted island, Adventureland. He discovered a mysterious tribe, unknown biodiversity and treasures which were either gifts for the Gods or hidden treasures. The island’s natives warned the explorer that the Gods would punish him if he would steal the riches and use it for his own good. He laughed at the tribe and ignored them. In a mysterious temple, the explorer found his desirable goods. He used it to build up a mansion and a harbor so he could do trade. Worldwide he attracted biologists, traders and other adventurers to Adventureland.
The explorer set up investigation plans and tourist attractions to earn more money, until he mysteriously vanished. Never to be found again. His mansion, Paradise Tops became deserted but no one dared to enter after the myths of the Gods. The town stopped flourishing but is still often visited by brave explorers. Here is adventure. Here is romance. Here is mystery. Tropical rivers- silently flowing into the unknown. The unbelievable splendor of exotic flowers…the eerie sound of the jungle…with eyes that are always watching. Adventureland is set on this island and has original theme park attractions mixed with appropriate IP themed attractions.
1531745661031.png
Past the gate which glows in greens and browns, we find a large suspended bridge that leads to the mysterious island on which our brave explorer, Albert Falls was last seen. A wooden entrance, made from masks and tree wood welcomes Guest to the island. Past the entrance you wander off into the small harbor that was constructed by Doctor Falls. This small town shows a dark mark in its’ history, but is starting to re-built after so much loss. Guests can find various shops and restaurants in town. The most popular of them all is the Explorers’ Club. This restaurant will be very similar to the Adventurers’ Club that was once found at Pleasure Island in Orlando. Merriweather Adam Pleasure, a close friend to Albert Falls opened this restaurant after the discovery of Adventureland to be a place for meetings and try outs of local and mysterious international dishes. Around the restaurant you will find artifacts and objects related to the SEA members and their quests.
The Adventureland Department store, the largest shop in Adventureland sells all the desired Adventureland souvenirs, but was once used to sell the needed equipment for adventurous expeditions on the island. Another fan favorite is the Curious Giraffe Tavern. This cozy indoor quick service restaurant reveals more of the backstory of Adventureland. Especially the fact that Albert Falls mainly discovered the island by noticing a tall giraffe neck curiously lurking at Falls’ ship. Little Pal, Falls’ praised assistant opened up a shop of himself as well, Little Pal’s Artifacts. Maybe you’ll find something interesting in his collection of curiosities. On the central square of the town you will find a statue of Albert Falls, slowly starting to rust. Around the statue are small stalls, which together form the Adventureland Marketplace. They sell different souvenirs, small snacks, drinks and dishes and immerse you into a bazaar-like world. From time to time the Adventureland Ceremonial Welcome show takes place in which local dance and music invites Guests to join the fun.
A dark corner of the town leads you to Paradise Tops, the ex-residence and last resting place of Albert Falls. Inside is a thrilling trackless dark ride in which you enter the cursed mansion where Gods are playing tricks on your mind. Inside you will find out that Falls took sacred objects which were cursed by Gods, now they have returned to haunt Paradise Tops and each who visits the mansion. In the attraction you will meet the Ghost of Falls by intelligent projection mapping and board small but fast trackless vehicles that tour you around the mansion. The attraction should sort of feel like a real-life Jumanji experience where you’ll go through a trophy room coming to life and turning into a stampede, sink through a quicksand, dodge arrows and escape the wrath of the Gods.
A building that sits totally out of place between the rest of the town’s buildings is home to another Adventureland attraction. You notice that a large moving telescope pops out of the roof of the building, but it weirdly looks out of this world. Inside is Lilo and Stitch’s Cousin Catchers. In the queue, you will learn that Hamsterviel has manipulated Jumba’s experiments. That’s why Jumba, Pleakley, Lilo and Stitch have based a secret hiding place on Adventureland to observe the situation on Hawaii from a distance. Now they’re asking for your help to catch Stitch’s cousins so they can be turned to the good side again.
In this attraction you will board red buggies, similar to the ones seen in the Lilo and Stitch movies and get sent to Hawaii. Here they are provided with a laser blast which they can use to target Jumba’s experiments. The attraction will be similar to Men In Black Alien Attack and Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek. It features audio animatronic figures of the many experiments hidden around the island. The finale scene includes a battle between Guests and Hamsterviel in his manipulator machine. At the exit of the attraction you can find the Aloha E Komo Mai shop, which sells Lilo and Stitch Merchandise.
Just at the edge of the village you will find the boathouse. Inside is the entrance to the Jungle River Expeditions attraction. This attraction will be a modern spin on a classic Disneyland attraction (Jungle Cruise). Plunge through dark chasms, outrace ferocious beasts and churn through raging, roiling currents on a thrilling raft adventure. The ride will be river raft flume ride which will be quite similar to Roaring Rapids at Shanghai Disneyland. However, this version also features scenes in which you’ll encounter more wildlife of Adventureland, like monkeys that are trashing the camp and now cause barges to explode or meet Adventureland’s own mysterious wildlife with creatures that look similar to the ones found in Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySEA. The climax of the ride features an encounter with a large reptilian monster. Nearby is the Jungle River Canteen which is similar to the Skippers’ Canteen at Walt Disney World.
From this point, you’ll wander off into the mysterious jungles of Adventureland. The highest point of the island, Tiki Mountain is where you are headed, simply because you can’t miss it’s towering mountain tops. At the foot of the mountain lies the Enchanted Tiki Room, a table service restaurant in which you can enjoy a dinner show version of the classic Disneyland attraction. From time to time the room starts to shake as Tiki Mountain is set to erupt. This will be done in a similar style to the Rainforest Café thunder storms. The restaurant itself serves Polynesian and American dishes. Sing along to the many songs that the birds, flowers and tiki masks sing for you.
The real reason you’re here is the attraction that is set inside Tiki Mountain, Journey to Tiki Mountain. Join the Tiki birds on an expedition to stop angry tiki Gods from ruining their party. This rollercoaster ride, similar to Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars and Expedition Everest features drops, sharp turns, launches and backward/forward switches. The attraction also features audio animatronics, physical effects and projected effects. Try to escape Uh-Oa, the evil Tiki Goddess of Disaster as she is trying to ruin the birds’ parties by making the volcano erupt (which does take place during the ride and every 30 minutes with a large show similar to the Mount Prometheus eruption at Tokyo DisneySEA). The final show scene features a tropical serenade of your favorite Tiki birds before heading back to the load/unload area.
1531746157155.png
Near the entrance to World Expo, you can find a path leading to The Lost Temple. Uncover the secrets and mysteries of this cursed temple in the deep jungles of Adventureland. This temple was discovered and robbed by Doctor Falls, even though locals warned him not to. Now brave explorers are able to board mine carts and venture into the Lost Temple. Mischievous Gods and spirits manipulate your journey and turn your investigation into a wild rollercoaster ride similar to Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril at Disneyland Paris and Raging Spirits at Tokyo DisneySEA. The ride features fire, water, mist, smoke, projection as well as physical effects that turn the ride into a mix of multiple disasters. It also features multiple inversions, drops and sharp turns.
1531746255903.png
Not too far from the Lost Temple lies an adventurers’ camp. Here you can dine at the Camp Cookout, serving American and South American specialties or shop at the SEA equipment Post, where you can collect your needed equipment for adventure. The camp reveals parts of its’ backstory as SEA member, Indiana Jones has travelled to Adventureland to investigate a lost expedition. In Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition you uncover mysterious ruins that have never been successfully excavated. This attraction will be similar to the Indiana Jones Adventure attractions and the Skull Island: Reign of Kong attraction at Universal Studios Orlando. You will board a vehicle that is similar to the Kong vehicles and then enter the mysterious ruins. The attraction will be based on the unbuilt plans for an Indiana Jones complex featuring a scene where the Indy ride, the Disneyland railroad, a mine ore rollercoaster and the jungle cruise would come together in one room. Here the Indy ride, the Walt Disney Steam Trains and the Jungle River Expeditions rafts would come together in one room.
Near the entrance to Buccaneer Bay lay mysterious caves and coast side cliffs. On the Adventureland beach Guests can see a mysterious Polynesian boat. On the rocks, you find a mysterious symbol which looks like the symbol of the Heart of the Sea. You decide to follow it and venture into the caves. Here you will find the entrance to Moana and the Call of the Ocean. Join Moana on her voyage overseas and encounter different characters and creatures along the way. In the queue, Moana’s grandmother (in spirit form) will tell the story of Moana and her journey to Adventureland.
The ride will itself will be quite similar to Frozen Ever After as it takes place after the events of the movie, but still incorporates iconic characters and songs (How Far I’ll Go, You’re Welcome and Shiny). The ride features an encounter with Kakamora, Tamatoa, Maui and other sea creatures. The boat dark ride features two drops (of which one will be backwards). The ride’s final show scene will be an impressive scene featuring Moana, Pua, Hei Hei and Maui singing How Far I’ll Go and waving at Guests. At the exit of the attraction, you can purchase your Moana merchandise at Stranded Oddities before heading to Buccaneer Bay, the land of pirates.
Adventureland
Attractions:

• Jungle River Expeditions
  • Paradise Tops
  • Journey to Tiki Mountain
  • The Lost Temple
  • Moana and the Call of the Ocean
  • Lilo and Stitch Cousin Catchers
  • Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition
Restaurants:
  • The Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Explorers’ Club
  • Jungle River Canteen
  • The Curious Giraffe Tavern
  • Adventureland Marketplace
  • Camp Cookout
Shops:
  • Adventureland Department Store
  • Little Pal’s Artifacts
  • Adventureland Marketplace
  • S.E.A. Equipment Post
  • Stranded Oddities
  • Aloha E Komo Mai
Entertainment:
  • Adventureland Ceremonial Welcome
Meet and Greets:
  • Moana and Maui
  • Lilo, Stitch, Jumba, Hamsterviel, Gantu and Pleakley
  • Adventureland Natives
  • Indiana Jones

orlando678-

Original Poster
I feel like Lilo and Stitch is a deviation from Adventureland’s setting.
It certainly is, but its also a subtle way to bring IP into the park without having to design full movie lands. Why Lilo and Stitch? They are a popular franchise, underappreciated in the parks and well they fit the adventureland theme. Not necessarily this setting, of course, but with the right amount of theming and storytelling it wouldn't really be a big odd one out, even though it is sort of supposed to be an odd one out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom