Hurricane Irma

Ismael Flores

This is not good

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...for-impact-as-superstorm-reaches-florida-live

27m ago 22:15

Florida senator Marco Rubio has tweeted that Hialeah hospital in Miami has only two hours of diesel left for its generator. He has appealed for help or for Florida Power and Light to restore power as soon as possible to the 378-bed acute hospital.

Marco Rubio (@marcorubio)
Just got report @HialeahHospital has less than 2 hours of diesel left to run generator. They need diesel or @insideFPL restoration ASAP

September 11, 2017

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Actually, landline phones do have the same 911 requirement. If a landline phone is still connected to the telephone network and has a connection it is required to be able to dial 911 even if the phone has no other service.

Nice to know

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
From @tikiman Facebook page Oasis Pool

21462261_1690633164314684_8165152942657179411_n.jpg

HRHPrincessAriel

Oh that's good to hear!

I know a lot of us, myself included, were bashing people who stayed. But I spoke to a friend earlier.. born Conch, no longer lives in the Keys or Florida, but her entire family and many friends are still in KW. Here was her response to my question about people who stayed..

View attachment 228349

It offers a different perspective, and I'm thinking that your friends probably share the same sentiments as the people referenced in her post. Keys Folks really are a different breed, but they are some of the best that exist.

View attachment 228351
It's like Galveston folks in Texas.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Update on Napelton Infinity. They've been ordered to remove their cars from FSU parking garages. In spite of their insistence they had permission, FSU PD and Administration didn't know about the issue until it blew up on Twitter. Strike one for social media.

Too late now you can bet they only have one employee available to move the cars.

Ismael Flores

Something to ease the stress and bring a smile to everyone and it's Disney related

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...for-impact-as-superstorm-reaches-florida-live

1m ago 03:53

A little something to warm your heart. The actor Kirsten Bell, who was the voice star of Frozen, is sitting out the storm in Orlando and has visted a refuge centre to sing for the kids stuck there.

Here she is. For those of you not familiar with her oeuvre, I’ve done the hard Googling for you and this one’s called Do You Want To Build A Snowman?

WPLG Local 10 News (@WPLGLocal10)
Amazing, Frozen's @IMKristenBell stuck in Orlando due to #Irma, visits local shelter to sing for kids riding out the storm inside pic.twitter.com/iB6FIYp4Cs

September 10, 2017

Minnie1986

With a nighttime tornado you have no idea what is about to happen, and for some reason wind always seems to sound twice as bad at night. In the daytime you at least have a chance to see what is coming and have a better chance to take cover. Also trying to move around tornado debris is extremely difficult and dangerous on daylight and next to impossible to navigate in the dark.
The worst thing about hurricane spawned tornadoes is that they often just spin up in a matter of minutes with no time for a warning to be issued.
Makes sense. I'm a northeastern girl, so the biggest thing I have to worry about is the occasional nor'easter. Sandy is the only hurricane that I can remember doing serious damage up here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom