[RUMOR] Imagination's potential replacement?

yensidtlaw1969

Nevertheless, it's really not a good idea to expose children to dramatis personae with such deep character flaws unless you are using them in an instructive fashion as a negative example which is to be avoided.

Indeed, let's not forget all the horrible things that happened to the children exposed to him in the original ride. For example . . .

. . .

. . .

:cautious:

Brer Oswald

Is that what he said? To me it sounds like Figment says "Holy Crap.".
It does. Or "holy crepe". Yeah, that's it! I think Figment is just IMAGINING what food he can have for breakfast. Or at least WAS before he was killed in '99. Where were we? (I get off topic too fast :p)

Epcot82Guy

Nothing's been decided yet. I'd be surprised if anything like the original ride came back.

It's so sad. Every time I see Mystic Manor, it's such an easy lift. Have 2 theaters with Dreamfinder creating Figment, then exit into a new Dreamport where we see a new version. It could easily combine ideas from the original, tongue-in-cheek elements like WoM (like DaVinci), even a small Walt tribute to artists... There are so many easy ways to repurpose the effects from MM in a "fun" vs. "slighlytly creepy" way that could be wonderful. Retrofit the theater to Cranium Command with Joy and Sadness... And you now have a fun, kid-friendly pavilion for the human mind. But, I digress...

I will say, having come back from a trip yesterday, I couldn't help but feel Future World start to separate. You have (or will have) two space pavilions on one side with an empty pavlion shaped like a planet in between. Then a more "Epcot" ride about design and the future. On the other, you have the natural world (Land and Sea) and then the amorphous Imagination. Is there any talk of pulling Test Track and Imagination into separate areas - or making them part of the central spine on innovation (along with SSE)? Given the amount of land available for both used mostly just for festival kiosks, I wasn't sure if anyone had heard anything along those lines?

disney1023

It's so sad. Every time I see Mystic Manor, it's such an easy lift. Have 2 theaters with Dreamfinder creating Figment, then exit into a new Dreamport where we see a new version. It could easily combine ideas from the original, tongue-in-cheek elements like WoM (like DaVinci), even a small Walt tribute to artists... There are so many easy ways to repurpose the effects from MM in a "fun" vs. "slighlytly creepy" way that could be wonderful. Retrofit the theater to Cranium Command with Joy and Sadness... And you now have a fun, kid-friendly pavilion for the human mind. But, I digress...
This is what should be talked about in Disney over more IP based rides.

trainplane3

Because it will be a one-of-a-kind, high tech experience unlike anything the world has ever seen. Dreamfinder and Figment will take us on an amazing journey that will blow our minds. (This is what I hope your comment means... :()
And it'll blow our minds with state of the art Dreamfinder and Figment AA's, new variations of One Little Spark, and slightly extended ride length!

I think I have a feeling I know what's going to happen and I really don't like it (and hopefully another Imagination V2 panic follows...). I just wish there was a way for upper management to hear the fans of the ride. Speaking of which, my parents mentioned bringing DF back the other day. I showed them the D23 2011 and 2013 videos. Their reaction was literally "Is Disney retarded?! Just bring DF back and make the ride great again! The fans are still crazy for the characters".

montyz81

And it'll blow our minds with state of the art Dreamfinder and Figment AA's, new variations of One Little Spark, and slightly extended ride length!

I think I have a feeling I know what's going to happen and I really don't like it (and hopefully another Imagination V2 panic follows...). I just wish there was a way for upper management to hear the fans of the ride. Speaking of which, my parents mentioned bringing DF back the other day. I showed them the D23 2011 and 2013 videos. Their reaction was literally "Is Disney retarded?! Just bring DF back and make the ride great again! The fans are still crazy for the characters".
It almost feels like they could have made a full feature length movie out of this. I just can't understand how this IP is going to be moved aside for one that didn't originate in Epcot. Why not keep at least the one IP created in Epcot in Epcot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom