Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

britain

Imagine the current holding room and preshow area becoming one large queue area.

Then Imagine both current chambers having a level floor. Next imagine 5/6 pairs of "vehicles" (limited motion base) arranged around this level floor in each chamber with the ceiling and/or walls a projection space. Imagine it being VR, then AR, then 3D, then 2D, then cancelled.

This sounds like Tony Baxter's speederbike idea. Was it related to this concept?

Brer Oswald

Slapping an IP on to it won't fix Kali's issues. The whole ride just needs to be redone, it's far too short and rudimentary.

It's just another victim of terrible budget cuts that plagued Disney theme parks back then. It was meant to be a much bigger and longer ride then it currently is, that's why there's a still wad of unused space right by it.

So yeah, tear it down and put a much better and bigger water attraction in its place.
That's why I suggested extending the track...:oops:

ppete1975

Imagine the current holding room and preshow area becoming one large queue area.

Then Imagine both current chambers having a level floor. Next imagine 5/6 pairs of "vehicles" (limited motion base) arranged around this level floor in each chamber with the ceiling and/or walls a projection space. Imagine it being VR, then AR, then 3D, then 2D, then cancelled.
Thank you :) and I love the VR.. AR..3D 2D then cancelled. Even if you cant speak to it, is there one idea winning out over the others or has this entire building been put on the back burner... would love wall-e :) big hero six or even meet the robinsons

ppete1975

well I know what would work but no one would be happy... so where stitch is ......... could be the jedi council... have yoda hologram in or another jedi.. then a battle breaks out and we all watch it... maybe animatronic jedis near us?? or even have someone break into the council and have a battle.... the chairs could move etc.... all animatronic, or holograms.. no physical actors please
latest

RSoxNo1

But wait... there's much more!
Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room, but the breadth of a galaxy! The span of a Universe!
Well imagine no more!

RSoxNo1

Slapping an IP on to it won't fix Kali's issues. The whole ride just needs to be redone, it's far too short and rudimentary.

It's just another victim of terrible budget cuts that plagued Disney theme parks back then. It was meant to be a much bigger and longer ride then it currently is, that's why there's a still wad of unused space right by it.

So yeah, tear it down and put a much better and bigger water attraction in its place.
Agreed, but Kali isn't the first problem with that park. Dinorama represents a more pressing need, then if removing and replacing Kali is rolled into a Rafiki's Planet watch change, so be it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

LOL.

Then imagine a bunch of corridors, a lobby, and several rooms in which to meet Stitch, Buzz, WALL-E, and Miles from Tomorrowland!

It's back to the drawing board I believe.

When you're talking to your contacts, casually mention "Pigs in Space."

You'd have to account for the holes in the floor where the existing theaters are (In SGE, when seated in the theaters your butt is something like 20 feet "off the floor"). And taking out retail space for an attraction does not sound like something today's Disney management would ever green-light.
Oh, didn't catch that, I guess a dark ride in that space wouldn't really work that well the more that I think about it.

matt9112

They need to turn Alien Encounter into it's own IP! :D

would be epic if they brought it back. it's funny I think they could tap the same type of fan energy bringing back things that are revered as they do pushing new movie IPs not the exact ride obviously but tapping into that theme. I think alien encounter and horizons are chief among them of attractions they could bring back and draw huge crowds because of the mystique surrounding them.

Brer Oswald

would be epic if they brought it back. it's funny I think they could tap the same type of fan energy bringing back things that are revered as they do pushing new movie IPs not the exact ride obviously but tapping into that theme. I think alien encounter and horizons are chief among them of attractions they could bring back and draw huge crowds because of the mystique surrounding them.
I agree, although I don't think that there is any replaced attraction more revered than JII 1.0.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom