Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The replacement better not be an IP. There's no rule saying everything in the parks has to be from an IP, right?

Actually, there is a rule. Bob Chapek, the president of the parks division has stated that going forward things will be: more Disney; more timeless and relevant; and more family friendly.

You know what "more Disney" means...

celluloid

Not hard to believe though for me. "More Disney" meant more film character driven and in this case "more timeless" means The things we let sit and become obsolete or stagnet will be new attractions.

I dislike the term more timeless. For sure, timeless is a subjective term, but it would seem that something speakable in broad strokes to generations in concept, is either timeless, or it isn't. The word more seems buzzy there for me.

drizgirl

Not hard to believe though for me. "More Disney" meant more film character driven and in this case "more timeless" means The things we let sit and become obsolete or stagnet will be new attractions.

I dislike the term more timeless. For sure, timeless is a subjective term, but it would seem that something speakable in broad strokes to generations in concept, is either timeless, or it isn't. The word more seems buzzy there for me.
Still not buying it. Chapek isn't going to OK an attraction that isn't currently dynamic enough (or expected to be soon through a live-action or updated new film) to move tie-in merchandise.

I hope I'm wrong though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What about Miss Adventure Falls and Roaring Rapids?

Miss Adventure is in reference to Mary Oceaneer, a member of S.E.A., an organization that appears in the backstory of some rides, especially those at DisneySea. S.E.A. gets connected to Indiana Jones through Jock Lindsey of the Hangar Bar at DS. The Jungle Ride also has connections to S.E.A., so, it's possible the new Jungle Ride movie with The Rock will connect to S.E.A. Perhaps the new Indy movie will make a connection to S.E.A., also.

The Roaring Rapids ride... are you referring to the one in Shanghai? That one relies on a Chinese creature. For Shanghai, Iger talked about that park being fully Disney and distinctly Chinese, so, you're not going to see the same IP push there as much as for Epcot, which had been mostly devoid of Disney Movie IP and of which Chapek made the comment about it becoming more "distinctly Disney."

lazyboy97o

The Roaring Rapids ride... are you referring to the one in Shanghai? That one relies on a Chinese creature. For Shanghai, Iger talked about that park being fully Disney and distinctly Chinese, so, you're not going to see the same IP push there as much as for Epcot, which had been mostly devoid of Disney Movie IP and of which Chapek made the comment about it becoming more "distinctly Disney."
More importantly, Disney does not have a controlling interest in Shanghai Disneyland Resort and therefore the final decision is not theirs to make.

No Name

What about Miss Adventure Falls and Roaring Rapids?

Miss Adventure Falls is a waterpark attraction, which are still allowed to be original. Roaring Rapids was built as part of a new park that's not majority-owned by Disney. Some credit is due, but they are different situations.

In Iger's time, the US parks haven't gotten a single original, non-studio-IP-based attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom