Porgs

Rich T

Original Poster
I think this thread was started because of how cute these things are.
Well, cute plus ruthlessly and brilliantly marketable in an Ewoks kind of way-- but definitely cute. If I was still a Star Wars fan I'd buy one in a blink. (I wonder if they blink).

(EDIT) But pleeeeeease don't let this turn out to be another plot thread where cute adorable creatures turn out to be deadly warriors when forced to defend their homeland from eco-wrecking corporate/military meanies. Maybe I shouldn't worry. It's not as if Disney likes reusing plot ideas from the original trilogy...um...

Last edited:

Stevek

Well, cute plus ruthlessly and brilliantly marketable in an Ewoks kind of way-- but definitely cute. If I was still a Star Wars fan I'd buy one in a blink. (I wonder if they blink).

(EDIT) But pleeeeeease don't let this turn out to be another plot thread where cute adorable creatures turn out to be deadly warriors when forced to defend their homeland from eco-wrecking corporate/military meanies. Maybe I shouldn't worry. It's not as if Disney likes reusing plot ideas from the original trilogy...um...
I think they will sacrifice themselves by flying into the engines of various First Order ships, thereby winning whatever battle is onscreen.

Ok, probably not...

But maybe...

Phroobar

Yesterday was Force Friday II. This is when all the new Star Wars toys for the Last Jedi are put out so expect to see lots of Porgs at Target and Walmart this weekend.

George Lucas on a Bench

Luke (who I was told recently does not have a toy from the previous movie) apparently lives with creatures that look like leftover suits from the 1990s TV show Dinosaurs.

sddefault.jpg

Phroobar

Luke (who I was told recently does not have a toy from the previous movie) apparently lives with creatures that look like leftover suits from the 1990s TV show Dinosaurs.

sddefault.jpg
Why would a character from a movie have toys of himself in the movie? Sounds kinda meta.

Figments Friend

Went on a post-'Force Friday' shopping binge today, and was happily surprised to come across a realistic 'life size' Porg plush.
Best one I've seen out of the many versions I've come across via marketing and fan videos of their weekend hauls.
Looks real...in their owl / penguin / mogwai with no ears / Grumpy Cat kind of way.

Love this little guy...very nicely made, and makes 'chirping' sounds when squeezed.
$18 at Target...and it was the last one!
The $40 model that makes sound and 'waddles' across the floor didn't do anything for me.

Toys R' Us had a larger 'bald' plush ( more like a squeeze pillow plush ) and small ones but they were no ways near as good or as realistic looking as the one I found.
They did have SW Black Series action figures for two for $20, so that was a nice score.

Collectors take note - the Porg plush made by Seven20 is the best of the bunch!
:)

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom