Rumor and Upcoming Timeline Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemmo

DHS:

One Man's Dream, though not immediately in threat of closing due to Toy Story Land, is eyed to be converted for future projects [here], maybe in a year or two [here] {added}

New Mickey Ride: Will be about 7-8 minutes long [here] {added}

MK

New Main Street Theater: not sure if theater bypass will be regularly accessible or just for the theater [here] {added}

Frontierland: Rivers of American and Tom Sawyer Island are potentially on the chopping block [here] {added}

Resorts:

Area south of the CBR gondola station is a prime location for a new resort [here] {added}

Gondolas:

The AoA station will be enclosed. CBR station will be ground level. Storage area at CBR will be west side of the station. [here] {added}

The CBR station will be accessible by foot and internal bus loop at CBR [here] {added}
The quote about OMD closing in a year or two seems to be about Primeval whirl unless i'm missing something.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Epcot:

Central Spine: In the interim: Sum of All Thrills in Innoventions may reopen. [here] {added}

WS Attractions: expect Coco overlay to happen regardless of how the movie's box office goes [here] {added}

The UK: a simple ride coming to UK, a B or C, several options in contention. 2021 [strong], Mary Poppins is a contender [Jim Hill says MP is top contender with a carousel -- not confirmed by other insiders] [Again, MP is a contender, but not top choice.] {added last link}​

Disney Springs:

• Beginning fall 2017 or early 2018, Marketplace shops will be refurbed to bring them up to DS level (like Planet Hollywood and Fulton Crab House had to upgrade). [weak]
  • Or maybe not so weak. [here] {added}

IanDLBZF

Could you update the One Man's Dream rumor? The Galaxy's Edge and TSL models are going on display there and it will be renamed to "Walt Disney Presents"...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Timeline in second post has been update with moving Illuminations and Ratatouille to a later opening time.

Epcot

the Ratatouille Ride as it exists in Paris has beat out the Beauty and the Beast ride as the new attraction for the French Pavilion. This is Greenlit. Its installation has been pushed sooner because GotG was pushed later. [confirmed at D23 2017] Opens in 2020, 1-2Q. Opens in 2020, 3Q [here] {updated}

Illuminations: a major update, or complete replacement of Illuminations [strong] early summer 2019, in 2020 [here], possibly or even probably including drones {updated}

DHS

Micky & Minnie Ride

MK
  • Theater
    • not sure if theater bypass will be regularly accessible or just for the theater [here]
    • may be that access will be (only?) through Center Street [here] {added}
  • TRON: Tron will get a small exit shop. [here] {added}
  • Space Mountain
As part of the TRON Coaster and Speedway work, Tomorrowland Power and Light (SM Gift Shop) will get a minor overhaul [here] {added}​

AK

Pandora: An extra attraction and a full sit-down restaurant a possible addition [here] [updated] {updated}​

No Name

That's not a rumor. It's been posted as a Disney Blogs news item.

I think what he means, unless I'm mistaken, is that you haven't added it as a timeline item.

"One Man's Dream" to be renamed "Walt Disney Presents" and include models of Toy Story Land and part of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, along with art for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, in mid-September.

Something like that.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I made a mistake in taking what @Magic Feather said in a OMD thread as applying to OMD when it was actually in reference to a Dinorama tangent. I updated Dinorama, but forgot to remove the OMD reference, which I'm going to do right now.

As far as OMD goes, there are constant rumbles that it will go, but no insider has yet said anything to the effect that "Because of X Plan, OMD's building now will be finally removed because of X Plan... if X Plan actually takes place."

As far as OMD becoming Walt Disney Presents... there are no rumors. And the timeline is that it's happening right now. There is no need to track a non-rumor's timeline, otherwise, the timeline would become way too long. I'll be soon removing other 2017 events that have already taken place and why update the timeline with something I'll be removing shortly as done?

FrankLapidus

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to compile and then update this @MisterPenguin.

I haven't been on the forum for months and so I spent hours combing through Spirit and Martin's posts searching for an update on the ToT/GOGT rumours that were circulating when I was last active on the forum and the excellent news I was looking for was here in this thread all along.

TTA94

Timeline in second post has been update with moving Illuminations and Ratatouille to a later opening time.

Epcot

the Ratatouille Ride as it exists in Paris has beat out the Beauty and the Beast ride as the new attraction for the French Pavilion. This is Greenlit. Its installation has been pushed sooner because GotG was pushed later. [confirmed at D23 2017] Opens in 2020, 1-2Q. Opens in 2020, 3Q [here] {updated}

Illuminations: a major update, or complete replacement of Illuminations [strong] early summer 2019, in 2020 [here], possibly or even probably including drones {updated}

DHS

Micky & Minnie Ride

MK
  • Theater
    • not sure if theater bypass will be regularly accessible or just for the theater [here]
    • may be that access will be (only?) through Center Street [here] {added}
  • TRON: Tron will get a small exit shop. [here] {added}
  • Space Mountain
As part of the TRON Coaster and Speedway work, Tomorrowland Power and Light (SM Gift Shop) will get a minor overhaul [here] {added}​

AK

Pandora: An extra attraction and a full sit-down restaurant a possible addition [here] [updated] {updated}​

Sounds like the new Illuminations will likely join the 50th entertainment lineup? Can't say that surprises me. Can we just fast forward to 2020, 2021? Lol

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Epcot

Epcot is getting a major update that will have several phases that will run from 2017 to 2021+ [official]
  • more like running until 2023-2024 {added}

Energy/Guardian Ride: it will be a launched coaster [here] and [here] {added}

DHS

Mickey & Minnie's Ride:
  • Will be about 7-8 minutes long [here]
  • Maybe more like 5-6 minutes long [here] {added}
  • There may even be animatronics [here] and [here] {updated}
Grand Avenue
  • Maybe a streetmosphere show where the Muppets heckle the crowds waiting to get into Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge [Jim Hill rumor] {added}

AK

Dinoland:
  • Indiana Jones may be coming to AK, especially Dinoland [here] {added}
  • whatever will replace Dinorama has a theme that befits Dinoland [here] {added}
  • full re-do of the land [here] {added}
  • Dinosaur rethemed to Indiana Jones, but not 100% same as the one in Disneyland
    • Indiana Jones ride in DL and Tokyo are the same ride with different settings, so, a new one for AK could be tweaked to fit in [here] {added}
  • Primeval Whirl and Triceratops Spin replaced by an E Ticket, potentially water ride
  • light retheming of dig site
  • potential 3rd attraction
    • maybe a coaster? [here] {added}
    • maybe this mini-Indy Land is meant for DHS? [here] {added}

In General
  • Joe Rohde and the mystery of Bali [here] {added}

JackCH

EP: August: Mission Space update
EP: August: Universe of Energy closes for GotG ride
EP: Sum of All Thrills Reopens (?)
HS: August: TGMR closes for Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railroad
HS: December: Star Tours gets new scene from Ep. 8
MK: will Hall of Presidents ever reopen?
MK: Aug 28 - Nov 16: Splash Mountain refurb (back of stage infrastructure stuff)
MK: Stitch in perpetual seasonal mode awaiting for a decision for a replacement
DS: December: La Nouba closes / Edison opens?

HS: Memorial Day likely: Toy Story Land opens
HS: Little Mermaid show replaced... maybe

EP: Space Restaurant opens
EP: Spaceship Earth gets a regular refurb
EP: late in year: Gran Fiesta closes for a Coco overhaul
EP: fall: Riviera DVC opens
HS: fall: SW:GE opens
HS: fall: Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railroad opens
HS: December: Star Tours gets new scene from Ep. 9
HS: one of these likely to be replaced: Beauty and the Beast Stage Show, or, Indiana Jones Stunt Show
WDW: 2nd/3rd Quarter: Skyline (gondola lift) opens

EP: 3rd Quarter: Rat Ride
EP: Coco overhaul opens at Mexico pavilion
EP: Innoventions overhaul (most likely demo'd)
EP: Illuminations next version
MK: new theater behind Main Street opens
MK: Big Thunder Mountain finally gets the SFX that the DL version has

EP: Spring: Guardians of the Universe of Energy opens
EP: Spine renovation
EP: some sort of UK Ride
EP: Brazil pavilion opens, or 2022
EP: Nothing happening in Wonders of Life until maybe at this time or later
HS: two of these likely to be refreshed: Beauty and the Beast Stage Show, Indiana Jones Stunt Show
MK: 50th Anniversary
MK: New Night Time Parade
MK: spring: new TRON Bike coaster (keeps covering over outdoor section)
MK: Speedway overhaul done (likely a TRON theme)

EP: 40th Anniversary
EP: Maybe an Imagination renovation, or 2023

EP: thee new national pavilions by then... maybe

Really appreciate you doing all of that. Very exciting to see it visualized and succinctly listed. Well done!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
This update is a major revision of the following section....

Animal Kingdom

• Northern Project: Some long term proposal to make use of the land north of Kali and south of Conservation Station. [here]
    • Something within a decade [here]
    • a 'northern project' sometime mid next decade [here]
  • Dinoland USA Changes
    • This is all blue-sky at the moment [here]
    • Keeping Dinosaur Theme
      • whatever will replace Dinorama has a theme that befits Dinoland [here]
      • only thing planned is replacing Dinorama with a coaster [here]
    • Adding Indiana Jones and Getting Rid of Dinosaurs
      • Indiana Jones may be coming to AK, especially Dinoland, which would replace Dinosaur them [here]
      • The Indy proposal wouldn't happen until after 2023, if at all, an Indy may yet go to some other place/park [here]
      • Or... it could be done by 2021 [here]
      • a full re-do of the land [here] and
        • Dinosaur rethemed to Indiana Jones, but not 100% same as the one in Disneyland
          • Indiana Jones ride in DL and Tokyo are the same ride with different settings, so, a new one for AK could be tweaked to fit in [here]
          • new(er) SFX for an Indy conversion [here]
        • Primeval Whirl and Triceratops Spin replaced by an E Ticket, potentially water ride
        • light retheming of dig site
        • potential 3rd attraction
          • maybe a coaster? [here]
          • is it the abandoned proposal "Excavator Coaster"? [thread here]
            • could be, but not necessarily [here]
            • but sounds like it [here] [here]
          • maybe this mini-Indy Land is meant for DHS? [here]
    • Getting Rid of Dinosaur Theme
      • Dinoland will be a thing of the past [here] [here]
    • Primeval Whirl may be gone in a year or two [here]

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Epcot: Entrance / Central Spine

DHS

Mickey Ride
  • Will be rectangular LPS vehicles, four for guests and a fifth for something else {likely a train engine} [here] {added}
  • Projections will be on physical sets, not all flat screens [here]
  • About 85% physical sets; no multiple tracks, but, not exactly on the same route. [here]
  • There may even be animatronics [here] and [here]
    • But not the high-end AAs [here] {added}
  • Fantasmic: A potential replacement for Fantasmic has been killed, but that doesn't mean some other thing couldn't replace it [here]

Animal Kingdom

• A new non-Gondola and non-bus way to link AKL with AK in in the works (years away)
  • Could also link in Disney Springs and elsewhere [here] [here] {added}

Burgower1994

I want to apologize because I know this is a lot of work but is there any update on this bored. I am trying to look at every forum discussion but I been very busy. My house had over 2 feet of water from Harvey, and I love my Disney but sadly I don't have the time to be on the forum like I used to. S

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I want to apologize because I know this is a lot of work but is there any update on this bored. I am trying to look at every forum discussion but I been very busy. My house had over 2 feet of water from Harvey, and I love my Disney but sadly I don't have the time to be on the forum like I used to. S

Sometimes I have some posts squirreled away ready to be integrated in the big list in the first post, but, I have none. Just about any nuggets dropped recently are just repeats of what's already been posted. So, you haven't missed much. The last few posts of mine are the most recent updates.

Sorry to hear about your flooding. Hope you and your family are OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom