One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 3

nelsonj3

Season 3 - Episode 3
Challenge 11
--WDW Resort TV--

We've turned on our TVs and our stop is - the Disney Resort TV channels! (thanks to @nelsonj3 and ResortTV1 channel on YouTube for all these great old resort tv uploads in excellent quality)

When you stay at a Disney Resort, you receive a variety of Disney TV stations, which are on anytime we are in the room (no actual tv channels -- keeps the magic feeling!) I really used to enjoy the Top 7 must sees in the 2000s which chronicled the best things to see in WDW in a countdown format (and as a kid it was fun to try and hit them all in one trip)

In 1-3 Sentences, your task will be to make a new Resort TV Top 7 Must-See show for the WDW Resort TV, with your own Top 7 Must-Sees list!

Now, being subjective - I'm not going to judge this one. If you complete it, you get an automatic gold medal. To add a bit of variety to this challenge, we'll have a bonus to the prompt as well!

In 1-3 sentences, you'll be tasked with designing a brand new Disney Resort TV station, in addition to the current lineup! If there's a topic you think isn't covered enough on the WDW Resort TV - make a channel for it

A custom sketch of the designs are optional and aren't necessary (though if you can - more power to you!)

This project will be due Sunday August 6th at 9PM EST

As always have fun and if you have any questions please feel free to ask! :)

I love this idea!! I'm going to enjoy reading these new Resort TV ideas!

AceAstro

E-ticket ride, Disneyland Paris
jucmar764321.jpg

Jungle Cruise

It's time that Disneyland Paris finally gets this attraction. It would go in the Northwest area of the park near Indiana Jones (like Disneyland) and follow a similar "show" as the Walt Disney World counterpart. The twist, however, is that this ride will have two versions of the attraction due to there being a lot of French and English speaking visitors, this attraction will offer rides in both languages with two different queues and every boat alternating which language is spoken.

AceAstro

Parade, Walt Disney World
Lead-step.jpg

When the Main Street Electrical Parade is done in Disneyland on August 20th it is going into storage, it is not coming back to Walt Disney World. To replace the nighttime parade spectacle is another nighttime parade spectacle. It won't be the exact same show as before however but will have heavy inspiration on it but using new technology. This would be similar to how Paint the Night is heavily inspired off of the Main Street Electrical Parade!

Last edited:

AceAstro

B-Ticket Transportation, Hong Kong Disneyland
tomorrowland-transit-authority-peoplemover-gallery04.jpg

PeopleMover

To me, Tomorrowland at Hong Kong Disneyland struggles with some attractions. Because of that, I am bringing over the WDW PeopleMover to add capacity to the land. Going through all the attractions, and the restaurants, this will bring a Disney classic to another park.

Last edited:

AceAstro

Interactive Activity, Disneyland
n017945_2050jan01_meet-mickey_16-9.jpg

Meet Mickey Update

Using interactive elements found in the queues of Disney World attractions, the queue in both Mickey's house and the movie barn will be updated to have a little fun engagements to keep the kids even more entertained while waiting in line. Depending on the time of the day and what characters are out, you could interact on different screens throughout the house with different lovable characters like Donald, Minnie, and Pluto before then finally meeting Mickey!

AceAstro

C-Ticket, Tokyo Disneyland
photo8.jpg

Fantasyland Theatre

Besides Philharmargic, Tokyo Disneyland's Fantasyland doesn't have a theatre! So I am changing that bringing over a large theatre, like the Fantasyland Theatre. The difference will be that the theatre will have the same seating capacity but be fully indoors instead of just the large roof. This will also start off with the Princess Fantasy Faire show, not Mickey and the Magical Map (Although that is a pretty good show if you have never seen it before).

AceAstro

Nighttime Fireworks Show, Shanghai Disneyland
disney-wishes-big.jpg

Wishes

After being hurt by the departure of Wishes from Walt Disney World, Wishes is brought back to Shanghai Disneyland where a new generation of Disney fans can see it and fall in love with the beauty of the show. The show will be updated to fit the Shanghai audience but still, have the classic songs and fireworks we have all come to love!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Storm Chaser

A new E-ticket will be added to Epcot to replace the Wonders of Life Pavilion with an E-Ticket dark ride based on a series of torrential storms that you must escape.
Would definitely be an interesting addition for a Weather Pavilion I'm assuming? As a replacement for Wonders of Life? I've heard mixed things about StormRider -- but I'd be interested to see another E-ticket at Epcot!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
E-TICKET, SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND RESORT
full

BEASTLY CHATEAU
Deep in the sweltering jungle of the Adventure Isle archipelago, brave guests discover Shanghai Disneyland’s answer to Haunted Mansion, one that is respectful of the Chinese distaste for ghost stories much like Mystic Manor, but is otherwise a wholly unique experience.

At the river’s end is a decayed, long-abandoned Victorian plantation, formerly an adventure outpost for S.E.A., now overrun by all manner of mythical Chinese creature, creatures such as water dragons, phoenixes, monkey kings, giant catfish, hopping vampires, and more.

Guests set forth upon trackless Dynamic Attractions jalopies (with varying motion base intensity settings) which traverse branching corridors, with riders able to vote on which beasts they most desire to witness.
A very interesting take on a Haunted Mansion - something that based on reviews, is a core foundation of a MK park that is missing in Shanghai. A trackless attraction similar to Mystic Manor, but with user interactivity would definitely be a welcome addition to one of the better themed areas of Shanghai in Adventure Isle.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
C-TICKET BOAT RIDE, TOKYO DISNEY RESORT
full

STEAMBOAT DUFFY
Duffy the Disney Bear, Tokyo DisneySea’s very own mascot, gets his very own boat ride set partially outdoors in Cape Cod’s picturesque harbor, and partially in the dark ride interiors found in the rocks beneath Lighthouse Point.

Set sail with Duffy, Shellie May, Gelatoni and Tippy Blue on a dreamlike sea adventure from port to port, a colorful retelling of Duffy’s original voyage with Mickey Mouse, retold with color and song.

Lyric screens onboard the steamboats (in multiple languages) encourage guests to sing along with the ride, and armrests provide a premier seat for guests’ own stuffed Duffy toys, all playing into Tokyo’s joyous Duffy phenomenon.
Ha! A very clever and subtle addition to the park while blending into the aesthetics pre-determined by the theme park mascot himself. Given the seaside setting, and the connections to Mickey Mouse, this ride would be a home run for giving guests an alternative attraction to explore.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
B-TICKET MODE OF TRANSPORTATION, WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT
full

WORLD SHOWCASE EXPRESS
Give your feet a rest as you circumnavigate Epcot’s World Showcase aboard the luxurious old world train Global Express, offering regular clockwise trips from nation to nation.

Board from stations in Mexico, Germany, Morocco and Canada which all duplicate famous train stations from their respective countries, the perfect romantic starting point.

Bask upon mahogany seating as screen technology embedded in the train cars’ windows hides the backstage areas, replacing them with live footage of famous international railways, all in all the train equivalent of Soarin’.
In a good way, I could have sworn someone had this idea years ago. I see this as sort of a take on the Hogwarts Express, traversing the backstage areas of the pavilions and such. The one caveat I have to this idea though, is that part of the joy of World Showcase is wandering and walking yourself, and if needed, boat transportation takes you from the center of the park, to the east and west sides of the lagoon. While a train would be a neat addition, and perhaps would be a better alternative during the Food and Wine season:p, I'd wonder if Disney would ever see the benefit of having multiple routes of transport around a walkable showcase

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Peoplemover

Coming back to Disneyland after being closed for nearly 22 years is the classic Tomorrowland B-Ticket attraction that will not only relieve traffic in Tomorrowland and allow guests to get a birdseye view of Tomorrowland but also show glimpses of the possible future and the future that never was.
The track and support structures will be rebuilt and the ride vehicles will be similar in appearance to the original version but will have LED lights for both nighttime runnings and going into tunnels. Speaking of the latter, the tunnels will have dioramas similar to the ones found at WDW's Peoplemover, but with a few new ones as well, such as a living room being vacuumed via the robot butler (Horizons tribute) and even show us things like what subterranean and Arctic civilizations may look like.
d2c13447045d946b9ee736bb6825a056--vintage-disneyland-disneyland-resort.jpg
Ah, one day hopefully. I really applaud the idea here and while some of the infrastructure would require a major renovation project, imo Tomorrowland at Disneyland needs a major renovation. Aside from Space Mountain, the land is in much need of a thematic direction (as is WDW's to a lesser extent. Great job and thanks for participating!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
PARADE, DISNEYLAND PARIS RESORT
full

LIGHT OF NATIONS PARADE
For Disneyland Paris’s newest nighttime parade, once again the park takes inspiration from French culture, in this case the Processional Giants which have heralded France’s folkloric heroes since the medieval period…now with a Disney twist!

Performers in bright ceremonial garb manipulate towering puppet floats bedecked in glistening LED lights, each puppet realizing a favorite Disney character visually reimagined in a traditional centuries-old style.

Disney characters act as representatives of the various European nations, beginning with Belle and the Beast for France, and continuing with the likes of Pinocchio, Elsa and Hercules, before climaxing with all the characters joining together in a festive show of international unity.
I'm not a big parade person myself (I use parades to go on attractions with no wait:p) but I'd probably stop for this parade. Not only because of the historical impact, but also I'm a sucker for LED lights and puppet floats, as I feel that brings a whole new dynamic to nighttime parades. Great use of european characters as well.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
NIGHTTIME FIREWORKS SHOW, HONG KONG DISNEYLAND RESORT
full

MAGIC IS FOREVER
Hong Kong’s new, expanded castle is set to premier in 2019, and with it an all-new nighttime fireworks spectacular, “Magic is Forever,” celebrating timeless moments of magic and fantasy in Disney’s beloved films over the decades.

The expanded castle provides the perfect canvas for projection mapping of animated clips spanning Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Moana and more, while a new stage and lagoon places before the castle allow for additional live performers and colorful fountains.

“Magic is Forever” heralds a renaissance for Hong Kong Disneyland with a musical composition by Michael Giacchino seamlessly fusing countless Disney songs as one, all the better to unify the park’s fantastical ideals into a singular showstopper.
On my first glance I thought -- hmm fireworks in China...well that's definitely not helping the atmospheric ozone. :joyfull:

But kidding aside, with a new castle - has to come a new show, and with Michael Giacchino scoring it, I can only predict it will be amazing

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Journey to the Center of the Earth
PC041951.JPG
The ride from Tokyo Disney SEA is coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom in a brand new Dinoland area. Gone is the Chester and Hester's Dinorama as well as Dinosaur, and in it's place is an adventure to explore the wonders beneath our earth, based on the Jules Verne novel of the same name.
Nice idea here! This has actually been rumored (back in the day on stuff like Screamscape) to be coming. While more touted insiders here would likely dismiss those claims, it's not out of the realm of possibility for a park that is seeped in detail and immersion. JttCotE fits in that category, and along with the mythical elements of Pandora and Everest, would still fit the theme of exploration and discovery that the park embodies.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
INTERACTIVE ACTIVITY, DISNEYLAND RESORT
full

WALK WITH WALT
Rediscover Disneyland’s history, and walk directly in the footsteps of Walt Disney, with “Walk with Walt,” a park-wide interactive card game in the vein of “Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.”

But rather than do battle with cartoon villains, instead guests must locate the sites of long-lost Disneyland attractions and answer park trivia, while hidden public video screens play footage of Walt himself from ABC’s old “Disneyland” TV show.

The game even extends to the Disneyland App, where an “augmented reality” feature overlays photorealistic 3D models of Disneyland in its past eras, the perfect way to relive nostalgic memories of a park which will never be finished as long as there’s imagination in this world!
Gosh darn, I got nothing to say here.:cyclops: Please make this a reality!!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
E-ticket ride, Disneyland Paris
jucmar764321.jpg

Jungle Cruise

It's time that Disneyland Paris finally gets this attraction. It would go in the Northwest area of the park near Indiana Jones (like Disneyland) and follow a similar "show" as the Walt Disney World counterpart. The twist, however, is that this ride will have two versions of the attraction due to there being a lot of French and English speaking visitors, this attraction will offer rides in both languages with two different queues and every boat alternating which language is spoken.
I like the addition of the Jungle Cruise as its a classic, has ties to Walt, and is just an all around great time! I do like the different english and french renditions, possibly an addition could be two separate lines to start? An english and a french line. Hopefully there are no soccer fans in those lines and they are separated by a wall haha

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Parade, Walt Disney World
Lead-step.jpg

When the Main Street Electrical Parade is done in Disneyland on August 20th it is going into storage, it is not coming back to Walt Disney World. To replace the nighttime parade spectacle is another nighttime parade spectacle. It won't be the exact same show as before however but will have heavy inspiration on it but using new technology. This would be similar to how Paint the Night is heavily inspired off of the Main Street Electrical Parade!
I'm a bit confused on this one, and it might just be me reading it late at night. So this will be basically the same as the Main Street Electrical Parade? Might be due to the parade not having a name. Either way, I'm not picky on parades as anything to get the crowds away from the mountains of the Magic Kingdom is fine by me. :p:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
B-Ticket Transportation, Hong Kong Disneyland
tomorrowland-transit-authority-peoplemover-gallery04.jpg

PeopleMover

To me, Tomorrowland at Hong Kong Disneyland struggles with some attractions. Because of that, I am bringing over the WDW PeopleMover to add capacity to the land. Going through all the attractions, and the restaurants, this will bring a Disney classic to another park.
Cool! Peoplemover is always a hit. I'd be interested to see how it would be able to be inserted into the various buildings, but with the new Marvel attraction coming in that area, maybe it could even make an expansion around that area too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom