The Imagineering Break Room

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Fantasmic 2.0 starts in 5 minutes! :joyfull:

Though the D23 types saw it already, tonight is the official premiere, on Disneyland's 62nd birthday. A jazz band in a Tom Sawyer raft just led hundreds of us in singing the park "Happy Birthday!" :D Super neat to be a part of.
Have fun! Made it back to the hotel!
So how was it? Was Fantasmic improved? I'm dying to know :D

D Hulk

So how was it? Was Fantasmic improved? I'm dying to know :D
Oh, Fantasmic was exceptional!

It's basically a 21st century update on an incredibly strong original show. New types of effects, like the inevitable projection mapping, and a remarkable new Maleficent dragon which must've swallowed a flamethrower. New Disney properties feature, mostly from the Renaissance (new Friend Like Me musical number), but a little Pixar and also Pirates of the Caribbean. (No Frozen!) Using live action footage of Jack Sparrow is momentarily jarring, but the new pirate ship battle is more rousing than the former Peter Pan sequence. The inclusion of Aladdin and Jasmine on a flying carpet (awesome effect) really makes the romantic dance scene. The crowd's reaction was palpable! Really great to have this back.

Pardon a slightly delayed review. I had to do Splash during the fireworks, and it's hard to type with wet fingers.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Oh, Fantasmic was exceptional!

It's basically a 21st century update on an incredibly strong original show. New types of effects, like the inevitable projection mapping, and a remarkable new Maleficent dragon which must've swallowed a flamethrower. New Disney properties feature, mostly from the Renaissance (new Friend Like Me musical number), but a little Pixar and also Pirates of the Caribbean. (No Frozen!) Using live action footage of Jack Sparrow is momentarily jarring, but the new pirate ship battle is more rousing than the former Peter Pan sequence. The inclusion of Aladdin and Jasmine on a flying carpet (awesome effect) really makes the romantic dance scene. The crowd's reaction was palpable! Really great to have this back.

Pardon a slightly delayed review. I had to do Splash during the fireworks, and it's hard to type with wet fingers.
Sounds awesome! Before World of Color, Fantasmic! has always been my personal favorite nighttime show, so it's super good to hear it's really good. I hope they make updated one in Orlando! Don't worry about that, :D plus that has to be a perfect time for Splash!

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
That's a full week, with a great carrot at the very end! Wow, Caltech! Lovely campus and great school (got the roughly equivalent Illinois Institute of Technology as my alma mater). Best of luck to a future Californian! :)

Just did Matterhorn! :joyfull: I love it when the two sides race.
The Matterhorn is so much fun!!! The one on the left side that is:D.

Suchomimus

tenor.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
Dunno if anyone here actually still likes Marvel :rolleyes:
Buuuuuuut I found a leaked trailer for Infinity War. You could watch it if you want, or don't

Not sure what all the hoopla is about :rolleyes::p;)

The voice of Thanos (Josh Brolin) sounds like perfect casting. The 'run from it' line delivery over the shot Iron Man looking up -- is so chilling. :bookworm:

Granted Ultron with James Spader I also though was great casting but in the movie he was a bit too jokey for me. I have faith in the Russos and the writers though to deliver an epic Marvel villain:geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom