News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Kamikaze

My main concern is if you are in the midst of a gondola ride and then a terrible Florida thunderstorm comes up and shakes the cabin you are riding in, or more or less makes it sway back in forth. That would be absolutely terrifying!

Wonder if Disney will have audio to play during thunderstorms calming people down, and dispersing blankets and hot chocolate...:hilarious:

These are 5 minute or so trips.

Yes, they will sway in the wind. I've been in them during (winter) storms on top of mountains in Vermont. They shake, they sway, they move. It really isn't that bad.

jt04

Only criticism is it would have been nice to see a more sophisticated car design. Would blend better with the new DVC, Hollywood theme and the IG.

Instead we seem to be getting cars designed by the peanut m&m's. :mad: :D :happy: :cyclops::oops:

:facepalm:

KBLovedDisney

If there are concerns about running them in storms they should have plenty of time to clear the lines before the storm gets there. It should be 5 minutes or less between stations.

Yes, they will sway in the wind. I've been in them during (winter) storms on top of mountains in Vermont. They shake, they sway, they move. It really isn't that bad.

I so didn't realize that the ride would only last 5 minutes. I was thinking more so like the length of track riding the monorail versus the new gondola transportation.

cindy_k

Here we go. Some new pictures here of the work on hourglass lake at POP.
Here's the closeup of the construction barges.
http://blogmickey.com/2017/07/photos-hourglass-lake-gondola-construction-july-2017/
art-of-animation-gondolas-07202017-2.jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

Of course, if WDW would just build giant hamster tubes for these gondolas to traverse, all the discussions and fears about heat, humidity, lightning, rain and wind could be put to rest... ;)

cosmicgirl

Of course, if WDW would just build giant hamster tubes for these gondolas to traverse, all the discussions and fears about heat, humidity, lightning, rain and wind could be put to rest... ;)
Well... be careful what you wish for because before you know it this would turn into: how to get out in an emergency, vehicles piling up inside the tubes, risk of suffocation, and yes, heat!
Otoh it would be a fantastic addition to that line-up of killing machines which, flawed as they are, may sometimes just take people from A to B.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom