What did you do?

BrianV

6.5 miles today. Was supposed to be a "slow and easy" run but I was feeling really good so I just went with it. And even though Runkeeper tells me it is my second fastest pace for this distance, the fastest pace was a race with a nearly 400 foot elevation drop (and my route today had a lot of up and down by 10-20 feet) and the race didn't have stoplights either ;)
Nice job! I'm about to go on a slow and easy run. Who knows!!

And I just discovered that runkeeper has a "fix GPS" option. After you run. When applied, all of my runs are 5% shorter and paces 5% slower. :(. My 10 yesterday was more like 9.5.

dreamfinder

Sat was 4.5 with DW & DS in jogger. And boy was that decision to run at 3pm in the heat/humidity a foolish one. Sun was 4 easy plus 6.85 on the bike. Was playing with my son in the AM, and went into an un-expected plow pose with him hanging onto on my legs (any of you yogi's know that's not a good thing) and tweaked my neck so sudden movements hurt. I'm just a mess lately, darn getting older. Today was bike.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sat was 4.5 with DW & DS in jogger. And boy was that decision to run at 3pm in the heat/humidity a foolish one. Sun was 4 easy plus 6.85 on the bike. Was playing with my son in the AM, and went into an un-expected plow pose with him hanging onto on my legs (any of you yogi's know that's not a good thing) and tweaked my neck so sudden movements hurt. I'm just a mess lately, darn getting older. Today was bike.

Yeah, getting older isn't for the faint of heart...

LAKid53

Premium Member
Had eye surgery #2 today. And I must have passed out during it, because the last think I remember was the anetesticist telling me they were giving me something through the IV to make me relax. The next thing they were asking me what I wanted to drink and I had the patch on my eye. It's good they put the things in to keep my eye open. But not psychedelic "look at light", lol.

But I can see without the glasses I've worn since the 5th grade! Right eye hurts, really stings when I put the drops in, and is a little blurry. But I have no problems seeing distance. Once everything has healed and the swelling is down, time to go get some really chic sunglasses.

Another 2 weeks of not much - no gym, running - but will probably start walking in a few days. First day back at the gym will be end of the month. And will need to ramp up training for W&D, since I've lost half of the 1st month.

And my frig went out last week. But the new one arrived Friday, so I didn't have to deal with all of that post surgery.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@LAKid53 - Glad that the second surgery went well and that you will soon be back in full force.

@dreamfinder - It does sound like you've had a bad spell lately; sometimes that is the body's way of saying it wants a couple of days off. Other times it is just a byproduct of aging :joyfull:

As the oldest one on this thread, I'm in total agreement with that!

dreamfinder

2.5@2i@8.

@LAKid53 glad to hear the surgery sounds like it went well

@dreamfinder - It does sound like you've had a bad spell lately; sometimes that is the body's way of saying it wants a couple of days off. Other times it is just a byproduct of aging :joyfull:

Yeah, I keep trying to dial it back, but darn my body hates me for taking it easy. And hates me more when I don't. Can't win. : )

Swissmiss

Premium Member
4.6 miles this evening on the treadmill (longest time I've ever spent on the treadmill!). And silly me - I miscalculated the mile distance in my training plan into kilometers so I ran a couple hundred meters further than I needed to... :banghead:

dreamfinder

2.55@2i@7:53
4 miles yesterday. Slogged along painfully and near exhaustion in the heat and humidity. Miserable run.

It may be just me, but the humidity seems to be worse this year than normal.

4.6 miles this evening on the treadmill (longest time I've ever spent on the treadmill!). And silly me - I miscalculated the mile distance in my training plan into kilometers so I ran a couple hundred meters further than I needed to... :banghead:

Doh. Not that extra distance is a terrible thing.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.62 mile walk this morning. Was going to go another 15 minutes, but it's waaay too hot and humid right now. Took a bottle of hydration with me. About halfway thru I remembered the cooling towel i picked up at the finish of the Dark Side Half.... doh :facepalm:

Ok, Mag Lab, you can shut off the heat and humidity and turn on the A/C

Swissmiss

Premium Member
2.3 miles on the treadmill. Should have done twice that, but was soooo unmotivated (as in after 5 minutes the voices inside start saying: are you SURE you want to run today ... maybe just a mile and call it quits ... ). I finally managed to motivate enough for a half hour, but really wanted to get home to watch a friend in a horse jumping competition (I love how many of competitions are broadcast thru the internet!) and if I had continued I would have missed her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom