News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

ppete1975

I'm hoping they tie it to energy in some way. You could have an amazing coaster or dark ride (hoping dark ride) with an IP and still carry on epcots mission and explain energy and the planet. Maybe Star lord coming back saying I was here as a kid and I wish id listened to that energy speech because you have wrecked your world.. heres how we can save it together... Also I'm ed because it looks like the water feature is gone from the front!!!!!

BenJacobs

I'm hoping they tie it to energy in some way. You could have an amazing coaster or dark ride (hoping dark ride) with an IP and still carry on epcots mission and explain energy and the planet. Maybe Star lord coming back saying I was here as a kid and I wish id listened to that energy speech because you have wrecked your world.. heres how we can save it together... Also I'm ****ed because it looks like the water feature is gone from the front!!!!!

True, they could make it work, but it's much more difficult to make a Guardians ride that carries the Epcot message than with other IPs(so I would prefer another IP in that location(such as Wall-e, the entire film is about the conservation of Earth!) and a Guardians coaster in Hollywood Studios, where it belongs).

ppete1975

True, they could make it work, but it's much more difficult to make a Guardians ride that carries the Epcot message than with other IPs(so I would prefer another IP in that location(such as Wall-e, the entire film is about the conservation of Earth!) and a Guardians coaster in Hollywood Studios, where it belongs).

I agree... its kind of funny many of the recent movies tie perfectly to epcot........ wonders of life-big hero 6 energy-wall-e test track- cars living seas-nemo energy or the land- wall-e imagination-inside out.... mexico-coco arrendele- frozen.... wait... that one is fictional
it almost seemed like they were making movies for lands in epcot. Guardians doesn't fit, I just hope they use it to make a message... but of course test track doesn't do that compared to world of motion (I sooo miss it)

BenJacobs

Hey. I'm just glad Epcot is finally getting a coaster.. something it was supposed to have since day one.

But Epcot doesn't need a coaster, you can't easily put across a message with one, as there isn't as much of a storyline, whereas with a dark ride(that isn't a coaster) you can have a very deveoped storyline that can easily convey the message of Epcot - you don't need coasters to have thrills.

In my opinion, the only coaster that would be good would be the Matterhorn in a Switzerland Pavilion.

Maeryk

But Epcot doesn't need a coaster, you can't easily put across a message with one, as there isn't as much of a storyline, whereas with a dark ride(that isn't a coaster) you can have a very deveoped storyline that can easily convey the message of Epcot - you don't need coasters to have thrills.

In my opinion, the only coaster that would be good would be the Matterhorn in a Switzerland Pavilion.

Or put in Mt Fuji, as planned, in Japan. I think Germany was supposed to have one as well. May be wrong on that.

misterID

Actually, Time Racers would have accomplished a coaster telling a dark ride story about history in EPCOT. Again, we have placement issues. They seem to have a nasty habit of shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to adding thrill rides in EPCOT.

DAR1974

They could run it down the side of Spaceship Earth for all I care. Just put one in. I'm not beholden to some 40 year old idealist view of the park that is rigid and can never, ever change or adapt or diverge.
In alternate universe where money is no object, Epcot would have been the one park Disney would have been changing every 5-10 years. Instead of every 20ish

HMF

Rhode is involved with all Marvel projects. Fitzgerald doesn’t seem to like sharing.
.[/QUOTE
To be fair I wouldn't, either were I in his position.
People thought they would play the Horizons song at the exit of Mission:Space and were disappointed when that didn't happen. Also many insiders hinted that Tomorrow Child would be in the Siemens version of Spaceship Earth and that ended up not being the case. So sadly I'm not holding my breath.
Most of those rides were made before they realized how to successfully exploit the nostalgia market.

Last edited:

BenJacobs

They could run it down the side of Spaceship Earth for all I care. Just put one in. I'm not beholden to some 40 year old idealist view of the park that is rigid and can never, ever change or adapt or diverge.

The thing is, they need to keep all the parks true to their original ideolgies, otherwise each park will just become a theme park, no more, which means that all of the parks would be very similar.

Maeryk

Most of those rides were made before they realized how successfully exploit the nostalgia market.

Personally, I think if most of the people mooning over horizons rode it now, they would think it was dated, hokey, and way too Jetsons. But nostalgia and hindsight are an interesting thing.. they tend to create this mental fog of "it was far better than it actually was". Though I do admit I miss the orange smell.

Captain Neo

Most of those rides were made before they realized how successfully exploit the nostalgia market.

Well they better figure out a way to save parts of the original energy pavillion for the new ride then and maybe move all the dinosaurs to the Magic Kingdom railroad so they can have a diorama similar to Disneylands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom