News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

brb1006

And DisneySea has its own beautiful Broadway style theater since 2001.
big-band-beat-night-M.jpg

build_it

I wonder if the footprint of the Tokyo theatre will fit in the location discussed. It's already front load and could easily have a different facade on it... Anyone at a computer that could overlay?

crxbrett

I love this!!! Should be very beautiful and add to the atmosphere of Main Street. It's a good way to retreat from the high heat in summer as well. My question is where exactly is the backstreet area? I took a screen grab of Google maps and highlighted in red where I assume this may go? Is this where people are thinking it will go?

And the concept render with the trees added (by Mickey Mario) was great! It looks nice and super inviting with the foliage added.

MStheatre.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I love this!!! Should be very beautiful and add to the atmosphere of Main Street. It's a good way to retreat from the high heat in summer as well. My question is where exactly is the backstreet area? I took a screen grab of Google maps and highlighted in red where I assume this may go? Is this where people are thinking it will go?

And the concept render with the trees added (by Mickey Mario) was great! It looks nice and super inviting with the foliage added.

View attachment 215842

In that picture it was being used as a staging are for the work on the Main Street bypass. Now it is just cast member parking.

Here is a picture from March 2016.

upload_2017-7-16_16-37-52.png

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Interested in the LOCATION far more than the THEATER :).

While the theater is nice.... if the location calculations are correct? The Bypass is no longer a bypass. It's going to become "main territory", usable 7x24.

Now - how long before we need a bypass to the bypass? :). And how does this affect the existing Utilidor entrance/exit? Will this need to be extended to the new cast parking area?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Interested in the LOCATION far more than the THEATER :).

While the theater is nice.... if the location calculations are correct? The Bypass is no longer a bypass. It's going to become "main territory", usable 7x24.

Now - how long before we need a bypass to the bypass? :). And how does this affect the existing Utilidor entrance/exit? Will this need to be extended to the new cast parking area?

Depends on when and how often they run the shows.

DrewmanS

I wonder if the color of the building is final or is it just an early rendering to show for now. To me, it needs more color variation for the detail in the architecture to stand out. Right now it's too uniformly yellow.
The rendering looks to me like a quick 3D model put together for the presentation. This may have been one of those last minute changes and they did not have time to develop artwork. I would suspect updated artwork at some point and the final product to contain more details, color variation, and landscaping.

SpectroMan93

The rendering looks to me like a quick 3D model put together for the presentation. This may have been one of those last minute changes and they did not have time to develop artwork. I would suspect updated artwork at some point and the final product to contain more details, color variation, and landscaping.
That's what I was thinking. After the exceptional job they did with renovating the Emporium's exterior, I'd expect nothing less for an addition to Main Street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom