Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MOXOMUMD

So I spent about 40 minutes this morning reading close to 50 pages of the D23 discussion from last evening.

Positives: I'm happy to see so many fans excited about new developments at WDW. It's refreshing to see some enthusiasm, and it's about time WDW gave us something to cheer about. I like "some" of the new announcements.

Negatives: I agree with both of your comments above--especially the dinosaurs, for heaven's sake. Those animatronic dinosaurs are ART. They're classic. Can't they use them in something else?? :facepalm:

Lastly, aside of my few brief, initial impressions above, it's going to take me more time to fully form an opinion of all the announcements. Multiple changes take me a while to process--my mind kinda works at the speed of this guy -

Russian-Tortoise-300x180.jpg
That thread was moving fast yesterday! I'm going back to catch up.

Mike S

For all those that felt that Disney was only doing this because the "feared" Universal, think about what must be going through the heads of Uni execs. right about now. Disney is telling everyone that all we have to do is just step on the accelerator just a little to show who had the most power. Hopefully they won't wait as long before the next drive forward, but, they will be licking their wounded wallets for a while after this.
Universal is heavily rumored to be building a whole new park. They'll be fine.

Goofyernmost

Universal is heavily rumored to be building a whole new park. They'll be fine.
I wasn't worried about them, just that adding Harry Potter (both of them) really doesn't seem like much now. They are advertising their new water park (still one short) as park #3 as we speak. My question is where would they put a third forth park? The cost of land alone around there must knock ones socks off. Maybe Disney will sell them some excess swamp if they ask nicely.:)

Mike S

I wasn't worried about them, just that adding Harry Potter (both of them) really doesn't seem like much now. They are advertising their new water park (still one short) as park #3 as we speak. My question is where would they put a third forth park? The cost of land alone around there must knock ones socks off. Maybe Disney will sell them some excess swamp if they ask nicely.:)
They already bought the land for it.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-universal-land-purchase-20160205-story,amp.html

Tick Tock

The projects and timelines probably assume no recession in the next few years. If that turns out to be wrong some things would probably be delayed or cancelled.
How'd the wedding go in Johnson City? Apologies if you all received a sporadic mega-rain-dumping around 3 to 4ish in the afternoon. It most likely came from our way.

You know it's bad when a guest asks if it's still okay to swim, and you answer 'yes', but specify in the pool, not the parking lot.

Tick Tock

Can they at least save the dinosaurs some kind of way?
Those animatronic dinosaurs are ART. They're classic. Can't they use them in something else?? :facepalm:
It's a long shot, but I'm still holding onto hope that the dinos can somehow be relocated & placed as an indoor scene along the MK railroad loop, as done with the dino scene on DL's railroad. Not sure how realistically this would work out, but you'd think there'd be adequate enough space to do this on MK's grounds. It doesn't even have to be near the front of the park like at DL.

One can hope...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
How'd the wedding go in Johnson City? Apologies if you all received a sporadic mega-rain-dumping around 3 to 4ish in the afternoon. It most likely came from our way.

You know it's bad when a guest asks if it's still okay to swim, and you answer 'yes', but specify in the pool, not the parking lot.
Still on and off raining here with ominous thunder rumblings since 1:00. Enough already.

If the forecast holds true and we are blessedly dry tomorrow, I think we'll day trip to Niagara Falls. Start out with the good side, and then cross the border. We've been itching to eat at Carrabba's again since NC, and there just happens to be one conveniently located in Niagara Falls, NY. :)

Lucky

Thanks. We must have missed the rain.

The wedding was formal/semi-formal attire. This guy might not have gotten the memo - except that his wife/GF (not sure which) was one of the bridesmaids.
IMG_4772.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom