News Disney Riviera Resort announced

SpaceMountain77

Two thoughts:

(1) Is it just me or did Parks and Resorts get a two for one deal with its latest resort additions? Disney's Rivera Resort is simply a smaller version of the tower addition to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. These are off the shelf, stock hotel footprints with no inspired architectural elements or storytelling whatsoever.

(2) Disney Vacation Club is adding its eleventh property to Walt Disney World. Eleventh. What is the target saturation point for Walt Disney World? With a conversion or build every 2 - 3 years, 15 resorts by 2030 seems to be the trajectory.

FettFan

Two thoughts:

(1) Is it just me or did Parks and Resorts get a two for one deal with its latest resort additions? Disney's Rivera Resort is simply a smaller version of the tower addition to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. These are off the shelf, stock hotel footprints with no inspired architectural elements or storytelling whatsoever.

(2) Disney Vacation Club is adding its eleventh property to Walt Disney World. Eleventh. What is the target saturation point for Walt Disney World? With a conversion or build every 2 - 3 years, 15 resorts by 2030 seems to be the trajectory.

Instead of building hotel after hotel, perhaps they should have invested in revamping the WDW Monorail. Those trains are nearly 30 years old....time to replace.

FettFan

That wouldn't generate enough money

Meanwhile in California....
disneyland-monorail-00.jpg

raymusiccity

Two thoughts:

(2) Disney Vacation Club is adding its eleventh property to Walt Disney World. Eleventh. What is the target saturation point for Walt Disney World? With a conversion or build every 2 - 3 years, 15 resorts by 2030 seems to be the trajectory.[/QUOTE

Agree 100%. Uninspired design would be an understatement. If they're going to add an 11th DVC, they should have trotted out the Ft. Wilderness concept. That had a theme and some legitimate design elements that complemented its location near the lagoon. :(

Bocabear

This hotel is incredibly generic, and thoroughly disappointing. What happened to Disney's rich legacy of story telling and landmark architecture...evidently that part of Disney is in the past...yet another page from the Marriott School of Hospitality Design... Really sad to see this was the best they could do...when Universal is building quality hotels with worlds better design...
Boo!

Bocabear

I think we should all get up in arms over a concept rendering. Wait, I'm ALWAYS late to the party!!...
Let's face it, Concept art is almost always better than the final product as it represents a romantic view of whatever they are building , and of course it always looks a little better because it is also used for marketing.... When your concept art is this boring and pedestrian, how can anyone think this will be an amazing new resort? Seriously...

SoupBone

This hotel is incredibly generic, and thoroughly disappointing. What happened to Disney's rich legacy of story telling and landmark architecture...evidently that part of Disney is in the past...yet another page from the Marriott School of Hospitality Design... Really sad to see this was the best they could do...when Universal is building quality hotels with worlds better design...
Boo!

I like the idea of being able to see two shows from this hotel, but they definitely need to theme it. A generic hotel is garbage.

ProfSavage

Let's face it, Concept art is almost always better than the final product as it represents a romantic view of whatever they are building , and of course it always looks a little better because it is also used for marketing.... When your concept art is this boring and pedestrian, how can anyone think this will be an amazing new resort? Seriously...
7ac.jpg

draybook

After reading your comment, the New Fantasyland comes to mind. I concede to your point, sir.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom