News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Maccabee18

The article mentions the hotels listed and other locations. Is there plans to expand the system? Resortwide? Would be nice to have a fully connected "alternative" since I stay at Animal Kingdom a lot and it feels disconnected sometimes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The article mentions the hotels listed and other locations. Is there plans to expand the system? Resortwide? Would be nice to have a fully connected "alternative" since I stay at Animal Kingdom a lot and it feels disconnected sometimes.

@marni1971 has said there are not immediate plans for expansion. It's very possible it could expand if the first part works out well.

AshaNeOmah

The hotel has been known for a while, just not the name.

Right.

I wasn't aware it was going to be considered a 'separate resort' from CBR, since the talk was the first moderate DVC would finally do away with the hotel levels. I guess we'll be keeping them for a while longer.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Right.

I wasn't aware it was going to be considered a 'separate resort' from CBR, since the talk was the first moderate DVC would finally do away with the hotel levels. I guess we'll be keeping them for a while longer.

Yes, it has come up that this will be a separate resort.

AndyS2992

We always alternate between Pop and AoA so this is great news for us, the less time we have to use the buses the better. Another great new addition. Ready by 2021?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I hope they don't try to ban Uber from the resort once their "Minnie Vans" are live.

They won't. Turn away a family because they're in an Uber? PR Nightmare. This would lead people to lying about the driver being an Uber driver "He's our... uncle, yeah, that's the ticket!" And then the first time they turn away a family because the suspect it's an Uber driver, but it really is an uncle dropping them off? Another PR nightmare.

Disney just wants a taste of the Uber market. Uber drivers are obviously providing a service that Disney isn't.

Was 'DVC Riviera Resort' a known change at CBR? This is the first time I've seen it named.

We just kept calling the DVC CBR Tower.

Just4Pics

This may have already been asked, but will you have to get off at each station or can you ride it all the way from Epcot to HS on the same gondola?

Wsny11

They won't. Turn away a family because they're in an Uber? PR Nightmare. This would lead people to lying about the driver being an Uber driver "He's our... uncle, yeah, that's the ticket!" And then the first time they turn away a family because the suspect it's an Uber driver, but it really is an uncle dropping them off? Another PR nightmare.

Disney just wants a taste of the Uber market. Uber drivers are obviously providing a service that Disney isn't

Well I'm not saying it would impact Uber customers like that. Many cities have and are putting all sorts of hurdles in place to keep out Uber and Lyft, sometimes making it straight up illegal to operate, either because of the clout the taxi industry has or because they perceive it as a pubIic safety issue. These cities never punish the passengers (customers). Disney could do the same. They aren't going to turn customers away who are arriving in an Uber but they could make it very difficult for the DRIVERS to operate, especially regarding trips both originating and ending on Disney property. And this sort of response would force people to use the "Minnie Vans" which will likely be an inferior service compared to Uber's constant and very fast availability.

Edit: and I'm sure the Minnie vans will be much more expensive. If you could travel from the Animal Kingdom to the Poly at park close for $5-10 on a Minnie Van reserved via MDE instead of dealing with the crowds and wait times for a bus, they would need 1000 of them, which obviously isn't feasible. They will need to price it at a level that keeps demand low enough for their capabilities.

Last edited:

allgiggles

All three lines will terminate at CBR south where you will have to change lines.

So we'll get to stand in line to wait for our gondola at AoA/Pop. Then we'll have to exit our car at CBR and stand in *another* line to wait for a gondola to get to EP or DHS. That sounds like fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom