Pre-Trip No Parents Allowed

This is my first T.R. of any kind, and I'm only 7 Magical Days away from our next time back to The World, so I don't think this qualifies as a P.T.R. But, here goes anyways.
June's trip to surprise my DH for his birthday has been well documented by DS in thread, The Trip That Never Was, and Always Will Be, so I'll cut to the chase and say, WOWWOWWOW!!!!!:happy:o_O
DH and I are about to get our AP's, haven't had those in 2 years. 2 of our Middle Grands sounded like they'd outgrown WDW and the Magic was fading.:cry: They didn't do the "Big Rides" and our Princess goes to The World with my youngest DS and family, so, we just stopped thinking Disney.
Fast forward to June 2017, and now everyone's got a high energy Woo Hoo about A.K. ( FoP and Pandora rock ),ALL the rides,AKL ( a new fav for kids, me & DH ) new food ( Satul'li Canteen is imaginative &delish).
So, kids going back to school July 31sto_O ( WHAT???) and asked/begged,:angelic: Nana/Grampa, can we go to WDW one more time,PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE???
Well, DH& I are so thrilled not to have to spend entire WDW trips doing only Goofy's Barnstormer and People Mover, we say,"No Problem", kids say, "Yahoo, you guys are the best" Can't beat that with a stick !! Now the hard part, Talk our grown up kids, (Parents to these 3) into staying home and let us have a first time adventure with just the 3 Middle Muppets. Not going to be easy, we raised a houseful of Disney Crazed Babes, and they turned into Disney Crazed Adults!! Add to this that their babes are now into the Entire Group of Parks and all rides within them, this was a tall request.
Luck was with us, our youngest DS and oldest DD have to work, oops, :rolleyes:,am I grinning??? Yeah, we get the kids!!
Now comes, the fun stuff. DH& I have never used MDX, got FP's made an itinerary,planned out ADR's, etc. We just went with the Fam Fam, who did all the work anyways, and besides we were a little intimidated with all the MB, FP, MDX jargon.
This time, make way, Mom/aka/Nana/Me, loves to plan/organize/list make, down to the nth degree, I'm in Hog Heaven with this stuff. Got DH, ( Not a planner by any stretch at all )into the whole 9 yards too.
We're having morning coffee sharing wait times info, talking snack stop ideas for kids in different parks, checking menus of places we haven't experienced yet, ( who knew there's a lobster roll sammy in MK??), and hoping that our newest choice of resort, SS will be a great experience for kids ( the pools look great ) and us ( they have hot tubs, 'nuf said, lol ).
Well, here we are 7 days and counting:joyfull:, planned a sleepover for kids at Nana& Grampa's, shipping out at 0500, ETA to SS 1200, HS at 1:00, look out World, Here We Come!!!!:cool:

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Nice to see the treehouse make someone's wish list!!
Oh, indeed, that's a fav for me, and it makes me feel good that she wants to do it, her Daddy, my yougest DS introduced it to his 3 kiddos, now I'll share it with the Princess. Glad you like it too, sometimes you don't need to go fast or be scared to do something special. Have a magical evening.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Oh, indeed, that's a fav for me, and it makes me feel good that she wants to do it, her Daddy, my yougest DS introduced it to his 3 kiddos, now I'll share it with the Princess. Glad you like it too, sometimes you don't need to go fast or be scared to do something special. Have a magical evening.

I've never actually been to WDW. We have a trip scheduled at Christmas. I just don't see the treehouse getting a lot of love

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
I've never actually been to WDW. We have a trip scheduled at Christmas. I just don't see the treehouse getting a lot of love
Congrats!!! I'm happy for you and what an amazing trip it will be. These forums are packed with such great information and helpful posts, plus just going to The World, you can't o wrong. Wishing you a speedy "countdown" and a magic filled trip!!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Congrats!!! I'm happy for you and what an amazing trip it will be. These forums are packed with such great information and helpful posts, plus just going to The World, you can't o wrong. Wishing you a speedy "countdown" and a magic filled trip!!!

Thank you! That's so sweet! I'm trying to keep that in mind so I don't over plan anything. My husband and I will be bringing our toddler, and it's the first trip for all three of us.

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Well, It's now just 3 days to go, and I was thinking since this is a "First Time Ever" kind of trip for us, we need to do some "First Time Ever" things. Of course I asked the kids and DH had some thoughts as well. ( remember, he's a lawyer, they ALWAYS have a thought/opinion );)

RIDES: The Princess has never been over to Tom Sawyer's Island, ( what???:jawdrop: ) My youngest DS, ( the one who must have Disney recognizable features in pics sent back to him if he's not along on a trip ) does the Parks like a mad man, every ride, every show in each and every land is finished, then on to the next one. How did they miss TSI, I'll dig into that one later with him. But, point being, we are doing Rope Drop on our 3rd day, so TSI will be experienced by our little group of explorers. The Boys haven't been on Stitch's Great Escape, they've heard too many stories that it "smells funny" it's "scary":eek: etc. The Princess heard this, laughed and said "I've done that since I was 4, get over it you guys!!!" OK, Guess we're doing SGE, well, they do ToT now, so no more excuses, The Princess won't let them live it down otherwise,:p LOL.

FOOD: Our DS, @wdisney9000 is the expert on all things savory, sweet and too good to be true at The World, pictures and mouth watering descriptions prove that out when he's there, we all drool a little. Soooo, He told me about a brand new treat being offered at MK at The Cheshire Cafe, called Cheshire Cat Tail. I googled it, got a pic and description from a satisfied "consumer" and it's on the list of New Food Experiences. I'll def. post a pic when it's in my hot little hand. Also, DS told us about something probably everyone else knows about, School Bread from Kringla in Norway at Epcot. Again pic/description, yummmm, ( am I drooling ? ):rolleyes:

RESORTS: We have been lucky to stay at or visit one of the Family at all the resorts, except, PORS. Having stayed at POFQ, many moons ago, when it was just PO, what was then called Dixie Landings was it's sister resort and although we ate at Boatwright's, never toured around this resort except to see it along the banks of The Sassagoula as we passed by. I was fascinated by a trip report I just read posted by @epcotisbest because of the gorgeous pics he took all along the pathways of The World as he & his DW bike these areas in all their seldom talked about splendor. One of those areas was PORS. So thanks, @epcotisbest , this pretty resort is on the list too now.

So far, no changes to the plans, WOW, that's odd, but I like it, maybe that's a First Time Ever thing too. Till next time, Keep the magic alive!!!!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
My youngest DS, ( the one who must have Disney recognizable features in pics sent back to him if he's not along on a trip ) does the Parks like a mad man, every ride, every show in each and every land is finished, then on to the next one. How did they miss TSI

Here is an appropriate depiction of his patience for attractions such as TSI...

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Here is an appropriate depiction of his patience for attractions such as TSI...

LOL,I never said he likes all the rides/ shows, just that he does them, haha, and now I understand why The Princess doesn't remember going to TSI, it was probably" covered sufficiently" when she was still an infant, well, we're going to remedy that!:D

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
So, This is it,leaving tomorrow at 05:00, 3 kids, 2 adults, 4 suitcases, 2 bags of frozen food and 3 grocery bags of snacks,( for the kids, of course, LOL ) Yep, we over pack, over do, and over think, DH was in the Army and firmly believes in being fully prepared, me? I'm just a little OCD, haha. Soooo, anyways, we reserved a mini van for this excursion, so everyone has room, and we can take all those goodies.
Now, I've been pleased and surprised that all has gone well, no changes, no hiccups, we are just running on all cylinders and counting down, right? GUESS AGAIN.....
We are up early today to pick up the mini van for a confirmed 09:00 , lots of little last minute things to do before the kids arrive at 8 p.m.

I had my credit card, license and paperwork out ready to do this rental quickly as I'm walking in the door. BUT, they have 3 vehicles to choose from, not one of them is a mini van,however, the sales rep wants to assure me that a standard SUV, "with a few sweet bells and whistles" is going to be exactly the same thing, until we look at the seats, huh?? and, is that a trunk???? I know I'm old ( er ) but since when did a mini van become the same thing as a standard SUV? NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, I can feel my MOM SNARK mode ready to switch on, but instead I very politely point to the dirt streaked Dodge Caravan and say, that's what I asked for , I'll take that one. Well, it's in need of an oil change the rep is telling me, but, he'll call around to see what he can do. Now, they're only open till 2, DH, who brought me to the location, has to get going with some things on his own to do list, so, I have no choice but to leave with DH be dropped off at home and await a call to tell me my fate.

Quick backstory to all the snacks/groceries, so no one really thinks we're over the top. Our Big Guy is "PICKY", beyond comprehension, a sum total of 7 food items is what he'll eat, and it becomes difficult to say the least, to go to a QS or TS restaurant and find anything he'll eat. The two 10 year olds, despite loving the Cheeseburger Pods at Satu'li Canteen, have their own idiosyncrasies, name brands,colors, flavors,scents, or appearance, all come into play when choosing a meal for these guys. So, long history of trial and error leads us to know that if you can nuke it or otherwise put together breakfast and late lunch/early dinner in the room, do it and save yourself the tears, and the $. Thus, all those extra bags we've packed.

So, back to the saga. Noon comes and goes, I'm about ready to jump out of my skin, and finally the phone rings, "We've got you a real min van, come and get it." I do the Happy Dance, we retrieve the rental, and just like that, we're back in peaceful countdown mode, MOM SNARK goes back into it's cage, and all's right with the world.

So, that's it, kiddos are at 8, dinner, and down for sleepy night night time.

Now, where's my wine glass? What? I't's only 1:30? I'm on vacation!!! See ya real sooon....

Last edited:

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Good for you for sticking to your guns about the mini van. Let's hope mom snark can stay in the cage for the rest of your vacation. Have a wonderful time!
LOL, never fear, @RedNoseMickey , and @wdisney9000 , Mom snark just took a long overdue rest, haha!! Now for a lovely trip Home with my DH and 3 of my most beautiful treasures... Stay Tuned for the TR. Thanks for following everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom