Pre-Trip No Parents Allowed

This is my first T.R. of any kind, and I'm only 7 Magical Days away from our next time back to The World, so I don't think this qualifies as a P.T.R. But, here goes anyways.
June's trip to surprise my DH for his birthday has been well documented by DS in thread, The Trip That Never Was, and Always Will Be, so I'll cut to the chase and say, WOWWOWWOW!!!!!:happy:o_O
DH and I are about to get our AP's, haven't had those in 2 years. 2 of our Middle Grands sounded like they'd outgrown WDW and the Magic was fading.:cry: They didn't do the "Big Rides" and our Princess goes to The World with my youngest DS and family, so, we just stopped thinking Disney.
Fast forward to June 2017, and now everyone's got a high energy Woo Hoo about A.K. ( FoP and Pandora rock ),ALL the rides,AKL ( a new fav for kids, me & DH ) new food ( Satul'li Canteen is imaginative &delish).
So, kids going back to school July 31sto_O ( WHAT???) and asked/begged,:angelic: Nana/Grampa, can we go to WDW one more time,PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE???
Well, DH& I are so thrilled not to have to spend entire WDW trips doing only Goofy's Barnstormer and People Mover, we say,"No Problem", kids say, "Yahoo, you guys are the best" Can't beat that with a stick !! Now the hard part, Talk our grown up kids, (Parents to these 3) into staying home and let us have a first time adventure with just the 3 Middle Muppets. Not going to be easy, we raised a houseful of Disney Crazed Babes, and they turned into Disney Crazed Adults!! Add to this that their babes are now into the Entire Group of Parks and all rides within them, this was a tall request.
Luck was with us, our youngest DS and oldest DD have to work, oops, :rolleyes:,am I grinning??? Yeah, we get the kids!!
Now comes, the fun stuff. DH& I have never used MDX, got FP's made an itinerary,planned out ADR's, etc. We just went with the Fam Fam, who did all the work anyways, and besides we were a little intimidated with all the MB, FP, MDX jargon.
This time, make way, Mom/aka/Nana/Me, loves to plan/organize/list make, down to the nth degree, I'm in Hog Heaven with this stuff. Got DH, ( Not a planner by any stretch at all )into the whole 9 yards too.
We're having morning coffee sharing wait times info, talking snack stop ideas for kids in different parks, checking menus of places we haven't experienced yet, ( who knew there's a lobster roll sammy in MK??), and hoping that our newest choice of resort, SS will be a great experience for kids ( the pools look great ) and us ( they have hot tubs, 'nuf said, lol ).
Well, here we are 7 days and counting:joyfull:, planned a sleepover for kids at Nana& Grampa's, shipping out at 0500, ETA to SS 1200, HS at 1:00, look out World, Here We Come!!!!:cool:

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Thanks @Swissmiss for the kind words, We are blessed to have 5 GK's in total, and doubly blessed that we have had great relationships/lots of fun and memories with all so far. Looking forward to more! The trip in June was a milestone for our 3 in the middle, and we loved being there watching them all " grow up" to the pleasures of being In The World!!

Last edited:

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Thanks, @Souvenir Our Big Man is 17 and working this summer,The Middle Muppets who are the ones traveling with us to WDW are 13 (boy) his brother,10, & 10 yr old girl cousin..Our Littlest Man at 5,is staying home with Mom and Dad to figure out how to deal with Kindergarten and a big yellow school bus!! My son who got me into the Forums, suggested I post a few pics of the kids going with us, DH and myself when I finalize my PTR tomorrow. I'll find some cuties, for now, thanks for reading along, glad to "meet you".

Last edited:

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Thank you, @Zipitidoda doda although both of my sons are responsible for me having any "tech" savvy whatsoever, from a grown up smart phone ( I had a phone only, no texts/pics/web etc ) to roku on my tv's, and now this, they've had the patience to teach a difficult pupil.LOL. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and decided it was time to solo fly. So far so good, I think! The GK's are chomping at the bit for next week, so are we, it's a real treat for us to be with them and our grown kids, but this is a first, so Look Out Mickey, we'll be there soon. Thanks for saying "Hello" and your good wishes. Have a wonderful week.

Last edited:

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Continuing on my PTR, today is the day when I can finally say, "This time next week, I'll be home at S.S" and "This time next week, I'll be getting ready to do ToT with the kids and DH" and "This time next week, I'll be eating at..." To Be Decided, by the kids, I'm sure.LOL. Anyway, the countdown is very real now, the anticipation is crazy and I'm cleaning my house like a whirling dervish, why? It helps peal away the hours, plus I get an awesome looking home before I go! No big changes to anything we've got planned yet, but, if you follow my son's reports,WDISNEY9000, I'm sure you know change is our family's motto.
Well, let me at least introduce you to our cast of characters:
Me/Debbie/aka/Nana/ aka Mom, yes, the one who speaks Snark sometimes as a primary language, lol
Pics later, and No it won't be me in my jorts!!
DH/Paul/aka/Grampa/aka Pappa/aka CaveMan/aka/Dad, Caveman is a nickname from our youngest son, it's quite the family joke, along with a throw back line, "Incoming!!"
GK 13 yrs old: Paul/aka/Big Man
GK 10 yrs old, Paul's brother Patrick aka/P.Pat
GK 10 yrs old, Cailyn, cousin of the boys, only Grand daughter ( which of course gives her special status ) aka/Princess

I have some sweet pics of these 3 doing WDW from various ages and stages I'll post next time.
Time to clean out the cat house. His name is Lucky, I'll get a pic of him too.He's a rescue from our son Keith, of course, and he's as mischievous and crazy as any black cat can be.
Thanks for reading along,I hope everyone has a zippedee doo dah day!!!!

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
These are a few pics of The Muppets from past visits. and some hand made goody bags for treasures to trade with the Jawa on our upcoming visit, he wasn't interested anything the kids offered him in June, so now, for this trip, we think he'll like bright shiny objects! LOL 20170615_2152211.jpg 20170709_112027.jpg 20170709_172516.jpg 20170709_172539.jpg 20170709_172558.jpg 20170709_172633.jpg 20170709_172703.jpg 20170709_183934.jpg 20170709_183956.jpg

Last edited:

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Well, it's just 6 days now, and between last night and this morning, we have an Itinerary, I think, I hope, well let's see...
Anyways, leaving from our June trip at WDW, the GK's all had the same complaint, "But there are so many rides we didn't get to do..." Well, sometimes this works for that last day POP into 1 park to do a few more favs. This trip, not so much, adult responsibilities, commitments, work related needs, and oh yeah, let's not forget the BIG ONE, Atlanta's never ending traffic nightmare,:mad: were all reasons why we had to hit the road early. However, within hours of getting back, DH and I decided to take the AP's out for another spin before I head back to work, ( part time Asst, Pre K teacher ) ( Yep, July 31st is a big red blip on my calendar too:banghead: ) we got the rez at SS, called the kids, texted their parents, yes you read that right, Called the kids, Texted their parents, LOL, and this Pre Trip Plan was born, No Parents Allowed sounded fun to us, and we knew it was going to be a hit with the kids.
But I digress, back to itinerary. We asked each of the 3 GK's what 2 rides/shows/food/events, they'd want to do on this trip and we would make a Wish List for everyone, Nana and Pappa too.

Here's how that went:
The Princess: Swiss Family Tree House, ( I love the idea of not living in a house ) and Tea Cups( I love to see if I can go the fastest ) :cool:

P.Pat: Tea Cups,(I like watching to see if anyone gets sick ) and Kali River Rapids (good way to cool off and have fun)

Paul:Astro Orbiter and Speedway ( I'm going to be getting my license soon, I want to be in control and go as high or as fast as I want to ) Me, in my head, "Yikes !!":eek:

OK, The list started taking shape, with some shows from DH and myself, we have a plan.
DH: Sergio in Epcot at Italy Pavilion, and Server Amusant at France Pavilion ( He's an Attorney and is always on stage, so he loves to be entertained by someone else haha):rolleyes:
Me :R of L and Star Wars Galactic Spectacular at H.S.( I just like bright colors and things that go boom, I'm easy that way! )

We are loaded for bear with our FP's, day by day plan in MDX with times for shows,and general knowledge of wait times and park crowds and EMH.
So now we just use some "Faith, Trust and a little Pixie Dust" and hope the weather cooperates as best it will.
On to shopping and packing and yes @wdisney9000 more cleaning, Hey, Lucky:cat: makes me laugh, what's a day without your cat doing gymnastics trying to ride your broom?:D

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Well, it's just 6 days now, and between last night and this morning, we have an Itinerary, I think, I hope, well let's see...
Anyways, leaving from our June trip at WDW, the GK's all had the same complaint, "But there are so many rides we didn't get to do..." Well, sometimes this works for that last day POP into 1 park to do a few more favs. This trip, not so much, adult responsibilities, commitments, work related needs, and oh yeah, let's not forget the BIG ONE, Atlanta's never ending traffic nightmare,:mad: were all reasons why we had to hit the road early. However, within hours of getting back, DH and I decided to take the AP's out for another spin before I head back to work, ( part time Asst, Pre K teacher ) ( Yep, July 31st is a big red blip on my calendar too:banghead: ) we got the rez at SS, called the kids, texted their parents, yes you read that right, Called the kids, Texted their parents, LOL, and this Pre Trip Plan was born, No Parents Allowed sounded fun to us, and we knew it was going to be a hit with the kids.
But I digress, back to itinerary. We asked each of the 3 GK's what 2 rides/shows/food/events, they'd want to do on this trip and we would make a Wish List for everyone, Nana and Pappa too.
Here's how that went:
The Princess: Swiss Family Tree House, ( I love the idea of not living in a house ) and Tea Cups( I love to see if I can go the fastest ) :cool:
P.Pat: Tea Cups,(I like watching to see if anyone gets sick ) and Kali River Rapids (good way to cool off and have fun)
Paul:Astro Orbiter and Speedway ( I'm going to be getting my license soon, I want to be in control and go as high or as fast as I want to ) Me, in my head, "Yikes !!":eek:
OK, The list started taking shape, with some shows from DH and myself, we have a plan.
DH:Sergio in Epcot at Italy Pavilion, and Server Amusant at France Pavilion ( He's an Attorney and is always on stage, so he loves to be entertained by someone else haha):rolleyes:
Me:RofL, and Star Wars Galactic Spectacular at H.S.( I just like bright colors and things that go boom, I'm easy that way! )
We are loaded for bear with our FP's, day by day plan in MDX with times for shows,and general knowledge of wait times and park crowds and EMH.
So now we just use some "Faith, Trust and a little Pixie Dust" and hope the weather cooperates as best it will.
On to shopping and packing and yes@wdisney9000, more cleaning, Hey, Lucky:cat: makes me laugh, what's a day without your cat doing gymnastics trying to ride your broom?:D

Nice to see the treehouse make someone's wish list!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom