Pre-Trip September... hopefully when the love of my life will turn into my Disney loving prince charming

Good evening people, I´m usually not very active here, but trust me, I´m here, lurking in the dark (in a good way), living vicariously through your trips and pictures, and I am so grateful for that. I´ve been reading TR nonstop for a few days now (I´m recovering from a surgery so I´m off work for a couple of weeks), so I figured, what the heck, I might as well start my own PTR to help me live through my lonely trip planning!

A bit about myself, I´m Sara, I´ve been going to WDW all my life and obviously it´s a huge part of my life. I live in Colombia (the country in South America), and that exactly makes it a bit of a challenge to be able to afford a trip to WDW (just to give you an idea, minimum wage here is around US$246 a month, I don´t make that, but if you do the numbers, it takes a while to come up with the money for a Disney vacation). I work as a makeup artist and as a translator. Well, I´m a very lucky girl, because a couple of months ago, a translation fell on my lap that allowed me, not only to afford a trip, but to bring the love of my life with me.

Here´s a pic of me on my last trip with my little sis (I´m the one in Dumbo ears)
IMG_1236.JPG

About my Boyfriend (DB): He is a kid at heart (most importantly), a philosophy teacher just about to graduate from college, he works as a musician, a very gifted drummer who plays with several local bands, and who just got his US Visa last year, so this will be his very first trip to the US, and obviously to WDW. We have been together for 2 years now, and we have plans to get married, but I´m still waiting for my proposal (fingers crossed to a Disney proposal?? hmmm, very unlikely but a girls can always dream...)

Here we are together on New Years Eve (he always makes funny faces on pics, so I did the same this time)
IMG_20170101_002556.jpg

I decided to splurge the money and pay for us both because he has gone through a rough patch for about 9 months now and I think he needs some magic in his life, and I can´t just tell him "sweetie, I want to go to WDW, so I need you to save for the next 2 years so you can come with me!" That would´t be magical at all! You can´t love something you don´t know, so since it´s me with the Disney obsession, the first taste is on me, and hopefully he will fall in love as I did and turn into a full Disney prince charming and we´ll be able to share many more WDW trips together (where we share expenses) for the rest of our lives... Or maybe he won´t become obsessed but like it enough to want to be back, and that´s just fine with me! please pray to God and my fairy godmother for lots of pixie dust on our trip, so I can accomplish my goal!!

Attachments

• IMG_1236.JPG
    IMG_1236.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 48

Sarabell

Original Poster
OK. DB told me from the very beginning he does NOT want to see any pictures, video, printed or digital graphic material related to WDW or our trip for that matter in any way. He wants to be surprised by the whole experience. I understand, and don´t get me wrong, I love the fact that I get to make the decisions because I´m the one who has been and knows a thing or two, but planning a trip on your own, without being able to share your excitement is VERY hard!

This trip will not only be WDW, but we´re also going to Universal Studios theme parks (we both love Harry Potter, especially him, so that´s a must) and Sea World and Busch Gardens (I love rollercoasters, and they have pretty good ones). We will be staying in Orlando September 17-28 and sadly, I just wasn´t able to find the free dining plan package at any of the values, so :)cry:) we´re staying off-site. I stayed at ASMovies in 2011 and I just loved everything about it. I got to stay in the disney bubble, which is just awesome, I didn´t need a car, I could have adrink if I wanted to, you know how it is...

The good part about this is: I have a friend of my parents who lives in Oviedo, Fl, and she offered to let us stay at her place, so I saved the hotel money, and was able to add an extra day at the theme parks. I had initially chosen 4 days for Disney parks, one day per park, and now I get to go have a fifth day at Disney, I´m thinking MK or Epcot (most likely because there´s F&W and we LOVE to eat!). I´ll let DB make that choice anyways, since it´s his first time and I want him to be able to get seconds on whatever he likes the most.

And, wait for it... my cousin who lives in Miami offered us her car for our trip, so I don´t have to rent a car either, but only pay for gas and tolls. Isn´t this trip just full of pixie dust already??? I have a good feeling about it!! ;)

Up next: my game plan, still subject to change, any input is appreciated if you think I can do better.

Sarabell

Original Poster
So... we´re flying to FLL on September 17 (we have a red eye flight and arrive at 5:30 am), from there we will pick up my cousin´s car and hopefully get at least a couple hours of sleep, go find some breakfast, and then be on our way to Orlando. We don´t have anything planned for our first day because we will be tired and need to get some rest and get to our friend´s house to drop off our luggage. I might go to Premium Outlets, I want to visit the Disney Store and maybe find at least one Disney shirt for DB (I have maybe 3 or 4 for me, but he doesn´t have any and doesn´t want to buy one online, but I guess once there he should find something he likes), and try to go to bed earlyand get some rest for our first park day.

Sept. 18: Sea World - It´s not Disney, but I figured it would be good to start with a park where we don´t need to wear ourselves out running from ride to ride. I´m only interested in the rollercoasters here, and there are like 4 only, so we should be able to enjoy the park leisurely, sit down and people watch for a while, pet the stingrays (I just loved this about my last trip). I´ll let DB decide if he wants to see any animal shows, (I haven´t really asked him, but probably being there we might as well), and try to have a slow day, but start getting used to the huge amount of walking we´re gonna be doing for the next 10 days).

Sept. 19: AK - I really can´t wait to see Pandora. I have never done FP+ (it still didn´t exist back in 2011), and since I´not staying in a WDW resort I can´t sort it out until mid August, so I´m planning as if FP+ doesn´t exist cause I don´t know what I´m gonna be able to get. SO the plan is to arrive for park opening and head straight to Flight of Passage. Probably Navi River Journey will be our second attraction of the day since we´re already there, and then I want to head to KS (I´ve never done it) cause I´ve read mornings are the best time cause animals are more active. After that probably EE, and Kali River Rapids might be a good idea before lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue (DB loves him some ribs and chicken and I thought they were good in 2011, so it was a no brainer). Then maybe check if we can score some seats for FOTLK (never done it either). and no plans for the rest of the park, we´ll just wing it and pray that the crowds are low enough to be able to enjoy everything (I thought ITTBAB was adorable and I´m sure DB would like i too, especially the last part when bugs exit first :p. I obviously want to see Pandora at night, so I guess we need to take a few brakes during the day where we just sit and enjoy a snack or something so we´re not exhausted before it gets dark. I don´t know if ROL is on every night, but although it sounds appealing, I suppose it´s not a must for me, so I wouldn´t mind skipping it and going home after seing Pandora, and if possible, riding whatever we like most a second time (I´m looking at you, EE). Any thoughts WDW Experts??

Gosh! I can talk (write) a lot!!! it´s no fun when there are no pics, but please bear with me.. any advice is appreciated cause I´m alone on this planning thing!

Sarabell

Original Poster
Sept. 20: Epcot - Today is a big day! it´s a walk all day kind of day. Again, hoping to be there when the park opens, and heading to Soarin as our first attraction. I was debating between that and TT, but we can always do TT as single riders if it becomes necessary. After Soarin, I want to do M:S team green, and depending on how green DB ends up, we might be able to do orange (I´m definitely doing it, if DB doesn´t want to, he can wait for me outside while he recovers) I loved this in 2011. It makes you feel things you never thought you could! I literlly felt like my cheeks were gonna touch the back of my seat, and because of that, this attraction became probably my favorite.

SE and The Seas with Nemo are also important, but I´m OK with doing them any time during the day, as well as Living with The Land. I had Captain EO in 2011, but we might enjoy the Pixar shorts if they´re still around and use them as an excuse for a bit of rest. I have to confess I have even considered Ellen´s Energy Adventure as a good place for a nap if we get too tired at some point.

If we can make it to WS by the time they open, I might race to Norway for the Frozen ride, but otherwise, I can live without it unless I can score a FP+ for it instead of standing in line forever. I´m thinking nachos at La Cantina de San Angel for lunch, then a Grand Marnier Slush or a Grey Goose Slush after lunch to cool off, and because they are on my bucket list of things I´ve not done, and from there onwards we might just go around, maybe back to FW to ride whatever we haven´t and then walk around WS and have dinner at Liberty Inn (never eaten here, but the menu looked nice, is it worth it?) until it´s time for Illuminations, which is a must for me (didn´t see it in 2011, so I want to see it this time).

Sept 21: MK - Again a hard on the feet day, but staying offsite, I had to plan in order to avoid EMH days (which we won´t have), and MNSSHP. I plan on hitting fantasyland first to ride the Mine train before the line gets crazy long, and The Little Mermaid cause I haven´t done it, and from there maybe BTMRR. I´m so sad that Splash will be closed during my trip...:arghh:. It´s probably my favorite ride in MK, and I really wanted DB to experience it, but oh well, hopefully next time :happy:...

HM will be next probably, and then maybe POTC and off to tomorrowland to see how the line for Space Mountain looks so we can be jerked around (I didn´t love it last time, it gave me a headache, but I guess it´s one of the must do´s at MK, especially for DB who is a first timer), Depending on the time we might do Buzz or go back to Fantasyland cause I want to have lunch at Columbia Harbour House (I´m dreaming of their shrimp right now).

After lunch we can do IASW, cause by now we will probably need a song to sing for the rest of the day, Phillarmagic which I really enjoyed on my last trip, and the rest of the fantasyland rides depending on the lines, and then back to tomorrowland for my beloved COP, some rest on the Peoplemover and wing it from there. I will probably try to drag DB to the Country Bears, but he doesn´t like country music at all, so maybe I´ll have to brbe him or blackmail him with something...? You see, back when I was little and visited WDW with my parents and a bunch of our family (we would come with like 15 more people every year), it was mandatory for us to ride the Carrousel in Fantasyland, and the Country Bears. It was our thing, and the others didn´t enjoy it as much, so me and my dad went by ourselves and had a blast for a bit of time, so these 2 rides hold a special place in my heart, even if my dad doesn´t want to join me anymore.

I don´t know what we will do from there until the fireworks, I guess sit down and take a break while we have a mickey bar (I´m drooling right now), and just be thankful for being able to take this vacation together (we like to do that, DB is a philospher and I´m an overthinker, so we like to sit down and reflect on all the things we need to be thankful for. It keeps us grateful and grounded), and just people watch and appreciate pur surroundings. MK is like the heart of WDW, so you HAVE to just sit down and appreciate it at some point.

We will most likely have dinner, I´m thinking Pecos Bill´s, and then watch the fireworks and wait a bit for the kiss goodnight, cause I love it, and then head home for a much needed rest.

Sarabell

Original Poster
Sept. 22: Busch Gardens - no details for this day, all I have to say is Rollercoasters galore, and it´s not Disney, so it´s not as important...

Sept. 23 -24 - rest days: I didn´t want to schedule any parks for the weekend cause sleeping in will be a blessing y now, and I suppose the crowds will be bigger (I know, it´s low season and the crowds are low, but still, more people than during weekdays). I´m thinking of maybe visiting Disney Springs to see if I like something at World of Disney, I want to see the Coke Shop for sure, and I just can´t leave Orlando without having a sundae at Ghirardelli´s. But then I decided to add an extra park day at WDW, so I´ll let DB decide if he wants to go to MK again or Epcot. I would rather go to Epcot cause then we can enjoy the day stuffing our faces with food from the kiosks (Canada kiosk, I have my eyes on your cheddar cheese soup from LeCellier!) and just walk around and leisurely enjoy our day. Here´s my question for you: I suppose Saturday will not be a good day to go to Epcot, but do you think Sunday will work? or should I add an extra day in Orlando for this before driving back to Miami? (I was planning on leaving on Sept. 28, but maybe I can use that day for Epcot and leave on the 29th) please help me with this decision cause I honestly don´t know what to do!!

Sept. 25 - 26: Universal and Islands of Adventure - I told you it´s a must do for us Harry Potter lovers, but I´ll spare you the details about these 2 days.

Sept. 27: DHS - this is our last day (unless we decide to go to Epcot on the 28th). I definitely wanted to end my vacation with a Disney park, and since I absolutely love TOT and RnRC, I know for sure I will leave on a high note if these two are my last rides of the trip (and the first ones of the day also hopefully :D). This can also be a more relaxed day, because my other must do´s are Start Tours, Muppets, GMR, and if we can score a FP+, or if by any miracle the lines are not super long, TSMM (think that basically covers like all the rides in the park). I didn´t have any restaurants here that I wanted to visit, but I read the menu for Pizzerizzo and it looked pretty good, so we might do lunch here. Other than that, we will go into shows if we feel like it, or not, and just enjoy some snacks and people watch. If we´re not too tired, we might stay for the fireworks or try to get into Fantasmic if there is any way to do it, or just leave whenever we feel like it.

We will only be doing QS meals as you may have noticed, because we´re on a budget. I wanted to maybe book an ADR at a nice place to celebrate DB´s first visit. At first I thought dinner at Ohana, but that´s waaaay out of my budget for a meal. I entertained the possibility of Whispering Canyon cause it looks like a really interesting experience, but I´m afraid of the cost, cause I wouldn´t want to go there in fear of DB ordering a second anything that would hurt my wallet for the rest of the trip, so I decided against this, and maybe I can just take him to Olive Garden or whatever other restaurant off-site that I enjoy.

So, there you have it, my plan for the time being. I still have to purchase everything, I only have plane tickets from Colombia to FLL, but I´m planning to do that in the next few days. I´m not too worried because I can´t schedule my FP+ anyways, so no rush for now. I hope you enjoy my PTR, although I know there´s a whole lot of words and no interesting pics, but I have nothign to show you for now. I hope I can manage to take some notes during my trip in order to do a full TR with all my amateur pictures (crappy picture taker here! :cat:), but for now, I hope you can give me some advice if you see my plans can be improved.

Thanks so much for reading!!

Sarabell

Original Poster
I am very happy that your trip has already been sprinkled with pixie dust. Keeping my fingers crossed that DB enjoys Disney as much as you do. Looking forward to reading all about your plans.

Thank you so, so much for reading! I feel really lucky and confident that the rest of my trip will also be magical!!

LisaBelle

Sept. 20: Epcot - Today is a big day! it´s a walk all day kind of day. Again, hoping to be there when the park opens, and heading to Soarin as our first attraction. I was debating between that and TT, but we can always do TT as single riders if it becomes necessary. After Soarin, I want to do M:S team green, and depending on how green DB ends up, we might be able to do orange (I´m definitely doing it, if DB doesn´t want to, he can wait for me outside while he recovers) I loved this in 2011. It makes you feel things you never thought you could! I literlly felt like my cheeks were gonna touch the back of my seat, and because of that, this attraction became probably my favorite.

SE and The Seas with Nemo are also important, but I´m OK with doing them any time during the day, as well as Living with The Land. I had Captain EO in 2011, but we might enjoy the Pixar shorts if they´re still around and use them as an excuse for a bit of rest. I have to confess I have even considered Ellen´s Energy Adventure as a good place for a nap if we get too tired at some point.

If we can make it to WS by the time they open, I might race to Norway for the Frozen ride, but otherwise, I can live without it unless I can score a FP+ for it instead of standing in line forever. I´m thinking nachos at La Cantina de San Angel for lunch, then a Grand Marnier Slush or a Grey Goose Slush after lunch to cool off, and because they are on my bucket list of things I´ve not done, and from there onwards we might just go around, maybe back to FW to ride whatever we haven´t and then walk around WS and have dinner at Liberty Inn (never eaten here, but the menu looked nice, is it worth it?) until it´s time for Illuminations, which is a must for me (didn´t see it in 2011, so I want to see it this time).

Sept 21: MK - Again a hard on the feet day, but staying offsite, I had to plan in order to avoid EMH days (which we won´t have), and MNSSHP. I plan on hitting fantasyland first to ride the Mine train before the line gets crazy long, and The Little Mermaid cause I haven´t done it, and from there maybe BTMRR. I´m so sad that Splash will be closed during my trip...:arghh:. It´s probably my favorite ride in MK, and I really wanted DB to experience it, but oh well, hopefully next time :happy:...

HM will be next probably, and then maybe POTC and off to tomorrowland to see how the line for Space Mountain looks so we can be jerked around (I didn´t love it last time, it gave me a headache, but I guess it´s one of the must do´s at MK, especially for DB who is a first timer), Depending on the time we might do Buzz or go back to Fantasyland cause I want to have lunch at Columbia Harbour House (I´m dreaming of their shrimp right now).

After lunch we can do IASW, cause by now we will probably need a song to sing for the rest of the day, Phillarmagic which I really enjoyed on my last trip, and the rest of the fantasyland rides depending on the lines, and then back to tomorrowland for my beloved COP, some rest on the Peoplemover and wing it from there. I will probably try to drag DB to the Country Bears, but he doesn´t like country music at all, so maybe I´ll have to brbe him or blackmail him with something...? You see, back when I was little and visited WDW with my parents and a bunch of our family (we would come with like 15 more people every year), it was mandatory for us to ride the Carrousel in Fantasyland, and the Country Bears. It was our thing, and the others didn´t enjoy it as much, so me and my dad went by ourselves and had a blast for a bit of time, so these 2 rides hold a special place in my heart, even if my dad doesn´t want to join me anymore.

I don´t know what we will do from there until the fireworks, I guess sit down and take a break while we have a mickey bar (I´m drooling right now), and just be thankful for being able to take this vacation together (we like to do that, DB is a philospher and I´m an overthinker, so we like to sit down and reflect on all the things we need to be thankful for. It keeps us grateful and grounded), and just people watch and appreciate pur surroundings. MK is like the heart of WDW, so you HAVE to just sit down and appreciate it at some point.

We will most likely have dinner, I´m thinking Pecos Bill´s, and then watch the fireworks and wait a bit for the kiss goodnight, cause I love it, and then head home for a much needed rest.
I love that you want to keep up your family tradition of riding the carousel and watching the Country Bears. That's so sweet! The Kiss Goodnight is one of my absolute favorite experiences at Disney. Makes me cry happy tears every time!

Uncle Lupe

Our trips overlap so yay! You have a lot more plans made than we do. I barely know what park we are going to each day. Take lots of pictures so you can do a TR. Even if it's just of a sign. It will help you keep track of what and when you were doing everything later.

Your going to have a great time. Especially taking someone for the first time who wants no spoilers.

Last edited:

Sarabell

Original Poster
Everything sounds so exciting!! What a great experience for DB! Hope you guys have a magical time!
I´m sure we will, how can you not if you´re in WDW? Thanks a lot for your good wishes, and for reading my PTR!
Following!! Very happy for you and DB! You look adorable together.

May I suggest, Il Mulino at the Swan and Dolphin for a sit down dinner. I think if you check out the prices, you will find it comparable to some qs places. The food is fabulous and the atmosphere is tremendous!
Thank you so much! I feel so lucky that I get to spend my days with a great man. I will definitely check your restaurant suggestion, especially cause I read this morning that it will be part of Orlando´s Magical Dining Month, and they will offer a 3 course meal for 35 bucks. I think it could be a great option! Thanks for that, and thanks for reading.

Our trips overlap so yay! You have a lot more plans made than we do. I barley know what park we are going on each day. Take lots of pictures so you can do a TR. Even if it's just of a sign. It will help you keep track of what and when you were doing everything later.

Your going to have a great time. Especially taking someone for the first time who wants no spoilers.
LOL that only means that you are a more relaxed person than I am. I would leave today if I could! If we happen to cross paths at one of the parks and you recognize me (more importantly), please say hi! It will be lovely to meet a fellow Disney lover!

And I will definitely have a TR, even if it´s just trying to remember stuff from my pics.

@Sarabell - so excited that you are going back to WDW! I'm sure your boyfriend will love it and the rest of the Florida stops. Looks like you are cramming in a lot of things, if I were you and could swing it I would add the extra day - you may need it.

Plans look great!

Thanks so so much @fractal ! I really want him to love it, or else that might be a hiccup in my relationship :)p). I´m trying really hard to do everything we can in just one park per day, but I´m gonna be adding that day for sure. One more day at Disney? hell yeah!! I have nothing important to do in Miami on thursday.

Thanks for reading, an I´m really looking forward to your TR. I love your family stories and your pics!

12in12

It looks like a wonderful trip to me. Well done with all the planning! Since you are on a budget I would try and share meals with your DB. American portion sizes are huge and there are several qs meals that are big enough to share. Plus that will ensure you don't over eat so you have room for a Mickey bar.;)

Sarabell

Original Poster
It looks like a wonderful trip to me. Well done with all the planning! Since you are on a budget I would try and share meals with your DB. American portion sizes are huge and there are several qs meals that are big enough to share. Plus that will ensure you don't over eat so you have room for a Mickey bar.;)

You are right, portions are pretty big, so we might try to share some meals, although I´m pretty tiny (4´8) but I can fit a lot of food in my petit body, and DB is a big guy (for a Colombian anyways, he´s 6´1) and can be like a food vaccum sometimes :D I guess we can always share main meals and snack on something if we get hungry (I´m bringing some granola bars for me and chips for DB just in case)

Room for a Mickey bar doesn´t worry me too much. I guess now it´s time to share with you my life motto: dessert doesn´t fill your stomach, it fills your heart :inlove:

Thanks for your input, and thanks for reading!

Sarabell

Original Poster
I just read about the GMR closure in august! I´m so sad! :cry::cry::cry:

I don´t know how you feel about it, but to me, that ride has always been like visiting grandma´s house: Everything looks old and outdated but it always feels so familiar and close to your heart. I really am devastated!

Also, I´m really worried about the opening date for Mission Space. It´s my favorite ride, I have talked to DB about it over and over, how impresisve it is, how cool it feels, "I can´t wait for you to be able to experience it cause it really is amazin... blah blah blah! and now there is the possibility that it will be closed??? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME DISNEY!! WHERE DID ALL MY PIXIE DUST GO???!!! (Not really, Im not that much of a drama queen, but it does suck, a lot!)

blreinsel

I just had dinner at Liberty Inn on Thursday and thought it was very good for a QS! Plans look great.. Fingers crossed for your boyfriend to love WDW! I just took my prince for his first trip in June and he loved it! He turned into my fiancé on our trip too so fingers crossed you have that experience as well. ;)

Sarabell

Original Poster
I just had dinner at Liberty Inn on Thursday and thought it was very good for a QS! Plans look great.. Fingers crossed for your boyfriend to love WDW! I just took my prince for his first trip in June and he loved it! He turned into my fiancé on our trip too so fingers crossed you have that experience as well. ;)

Thanks for reading! I´ve never been to Liberty Inn, but the menu looked pretty good. In the end, although DB didn´t want any spoilers, I had to consult with him about restaurant menus (he´s a picky eater). I read him the menus and he thought it looked decent, so we´re having dinner there before Illuminations.

I don´t see how a person would not love WDW, but I´ve seen it happen so I´m keeping my fingers crossed.

Actually your TR made me wish for a Disney proposal (it hadn´t crossed my mind before to be honest), and this weekend we were at a friend´s wedding and look what happened!

yugo.jpg

The picture is staged obviously, you might think when you see it that I´ve always dreamed about my own wedding, but I never even considered the possibility of getting married. He mentioned it was really important to him to get married in church (he was going to become a priest, and quit just before he met me) and I said I would do it if it meant so much to him, so... if he wants to follow tradition, he needs to act on it (put a ring on it to be precise) :D
I have mentioned disney proposals to him (very randomly as in "that´s cute and romantic but who cares"). I watched the movie Inception.... who knows?...it might work....:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom