(Rumor) Harry Potter being added to express pass

Spectro

I would love if this ride was added to express pass as we missed it last visit late 2014 as I am the only early riser in our family no one else would get up early to do this me lines were ridiculous at that time we wer there.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Some data.
Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 5.12.15 PM.png

https://touringplans.com/islands-of...-potter-and-the-forbidden-journey/wait-times#

Wags14

I can confirm, we were just there over the weekend and all then HP attractions had them. It didn't seem to have too much of an impact on wait times.

bclane

Sweet! Since my AP gets me Express after 4pm this makes me happy but I do hope it doesn't hurt the regular lines too much. Most of the time we go with just my immediate family but when we go with people who don't have the Express pass, we end up waiting in the regular lines with them. Little do our friends/family know how much we are cursing them under our breath for making us wait in the long lines with them. Lol!

mergatroid

As an aside. When we did HHN last year we had a next to nothing wait for everything in Diagon Alley. Anytime between 6:30pm and 10pm (when we left) had Diagon practically deserted on four different occasions during HHN.

JoeCamel

As an aside. When we did HHN last year we had a next to nothing wait for everything in Diagon Alley. Anytime between 6:30pm and 10pm (when we left) had Diagon practically deserted on four different occasions during HHN.
Yep, Diagon is a rare gem during HHN. You should try the hold in the Leaky. Can be very fun with 30 - 40 of your closest friends

Meet.jpg

meet1.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

The thing to remember about Disney's Fastpass system is that it's existence is entirely a form a crowd control. It's a way to both ensure the standby lines are always busy while also allowing/forcing guests to spend more time in the shops and restaurants. This is the reason it is free. The amount of attractions you experience by utilizing Fastpass is the same or less than you would experience if the system did not exist at all, due to the manufactured inflated standby lines it creates. However, not utilizing it is detrimental to your experience.

Universal's Express pass is a true benefit for those who purchase it, and has less of a dramatic effect on the park experience of non-Express users since not everybody has it. Most of the time, the capacity of Universal attractions is devoted to about 25-50% Express, while the vast majority of the time, major Disney attractions devote 80% or more of their capacity to Fastpass.

freediverdude

The thing to remember about Disney's Fastpass system is that it's existence is entirely a form a crowd control. It's a way to both ensure the standby lines are always busy while also allowing/forcing guests to spend more time in the shops and restaurants. This is the reason it is free. The amount of attractions you experience by utilizing Fastpass is the same or less than you would experience if the system did not exist at all, due to the manufactured inflated standby lines it creates. However, not utilizing it is detrimental to your experience.

Universal's Express pass is a true benefit for those who purchase it, and has less of a dramatic effect on the park experience of non-Express users since not everybody has it. Most of the time, the capacity of Universal attractions is devoted to about 25-50% Express, while the vast majority of the time, major Disney attractions devote 80% or more of their capacity to Fastpass.
Wow, I didn't realize that much of the capacity was fastpass. No wonder the standby moves so slowly. And with most people only getting 3 per day, they will have to use some standby.

Tom Morrow

Wow, I didn't realize that much of the capacity was fastpass. No wonder the standby moves so slowly. And with most people only getting 3 per day, they will have to use some standby.
Yeah, this is why wait times have increased basically across the board with the implementation of Fastpass Plus. Attractions that didn't used to have it, or were superfluous to have Fastpass for (like everything at Epcot except for Test Track and Soarin') now, by default, have a steady demand from the Fastpass queue due to the fact that you get three pre-booked Fastpasses at only one park.

freediverdude

I always feel like I am wasting a fastpass on rides like Figment or Nemo or living with the land. But there's so few choices in Epcot that a lot of times you have to do that or just don't use your three and then can't get another one in the evening.

Todd H

Last time we went to Universal we stayed at Royal Pacific and agreed that we would always do one of the big three when we return. Express Pass+transportation to parks made it one of the most relaxing vacations we ever had. Now with the Potter rides added to Express Pass it sounds like it's time to plan a return trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom