Jimmy Fallon Ride

Tom Morrow

If they use a screen to simulate movement then they are technically a form of simulator. Transformers, Spider-Man, Gringotts, Forbidden Journey, and Kong are all simulator hybrids.
It was decent but as stated so many times before, completely unnessecery in a park with so much of the same. If you judge the ride on its own merits though it's not bad. It makes Shrek and Simpsons look like antiques though.
Disagree on Simpsons. It still seems more impressive to me for having individual vehicles and a massive screen that actually is above your head and not just in front of you.

UpAllNight

If they use a screen to simulate movement then they are technically a form of simulator. Transformers, Spider-Man, Gringotts, Forbidden Journey, and Kong are all simulator hybrids.

Disagree on Simpsons. It still seems more impressive to me for having individual vehicles and a massive screen that actually is above your head and not just in front of you.

I didn't really enjoy Simpsons it made me a bit queasy this time round. It may just be I'm a year older and not as able to cope with it anymore! I visited every Orlando park and I'd say this was probably the ride that made me feel the most dizzy. Not massively so, but I came off thinking I didn't want another go for sure.

JT3000

The key word there is hybrid. None of those rides are motion simulators proper. I think people need to accept that screens are here to stay as part of ride technology. Any time you get a ride that doesn't consist entirely of looking at screeens, be thankful it's not a complete loss. ;)

I didn't really enjoy Simpsons it made me a bit queasy this time round. It may just be I'm a year older and not as able to cope with it anymore! I visited every Orlando park and I'd say this was probably the ride that made me feel the most dizzy. Not massively so, but I came off thinking I didn't want another go for sure.

This is why I've only been on Simpsons once since it opened. That entire ride system needs to go.

Tom Morrow

The key word there is hybrid. None of those rides are motion simulators proper. I think people need to accept that screens are here to stay as part of ride technology. Any time you get a ride that doesn't consist entirely of looking at screeens, be thankful it's not a complete loss.
The use of screens in a ride doesn't automatically make it a simulator hybrid though. I think that it only counts if the screens both are the scene rather than being dressing on a physical scene, and are used to convey movement. If it wasn't for the finale of Spider-Man where you're flying through the air, I would hesitate to call it a simulator hybrid.

misterID

Simpson's has a very bad reputation for motion sickness.
The key word there is hybrid. None of those rides are motion simulators proper. I think people need to accept that screens are here to stay as part of ride technology. Any time you get a ride that doesn't consist entirely of looking at screeens, be thankful it's not a complete loss. ;)

This is why I've only been on Simpsons once since it opened. That entire ride system needs to go.
I'm really, really happy there's a screen backlash. I've always liked the way screen elements can be used with physical sets. I love the concept of an SFX coaster and how it could have been used for a ride like The Simpsons.

UNI is very capable of making great dark rides with physical sets. ET and MIB are really great. MIB, from the moment you walk into the building, is an amazing experience.

Last edited:

mergatroid

It's rough and outdated. If they had different ownership at the time, they probably wouldn't have settled for retheming BTTF, which was already obsolete when it closed.

Maybe but I still love that ride, maybe it's a nostalgia thing? Saying that I loved BTTF too and was bummed when that finished.

sublimesting

IMO The Simpsons ride is outstanding! It's a blast and they do a great job of making you feel like you're actually zipping all around in Simpson world. For me at least that's not even nostalgia because I rode it the first time 2 years ago.

captainkidd

We rode it last night. It was unanimous. The whole family was not impressed. Also never seen an attraction where nobody was in the gift shop until this one. I love The Simpson's but this one is just lazy, uninspired, and uninteresting.

ExtinctJenn

I didn't think the ride was as terrible as everyone says. And the singers are actually very talented.
I shared this in my post here but, I agree with you. I liked the ride itself but, my first impressions of it were based on lack of experience with the other amazing things they've managed to do with screen based attractions (the only other we had ridden before this was Minions). I think, by itself, it is a lot of fun and very entertaining (especially if you are a Fallon fan as I am) but, when you compare it against things like Transformers and Spiderman, it would certainly seem underwhelming. Had we done those first I think my impressions of the ride would've been a bit different for sure. Now, all that said, the queue system (at least on a busy day like the one we were there) was a disaster and definitely something I felt didn't work.

Last edited:

sublimesting

I think everyone can agree that it shouldn't have been built in a park with so many similar (and better) experiences.
I do not agree. Overall Universal does a great job with their screen rides (Simpsons included). They enable you to experience and do things in a way that no other ride does. Although Simpsons doesn't simultaneously move throughout a 3D environment the ride itself does a tremendous job making you feel as if you are. Not sure why everyone is hating on it so much. The critiques should be reserved for the fact that Universal should probably branch out more and do some different immersive experiences such as The Mummy.

ToTBellHop

I do not agree. Overall Universal does a great job with their screen rides (Simpsons included). They enable you to experience and do things in a way that no other ride does. Although Simpsons doesn't simultaneously move throughout a 3D environment the ride itself does a tremendous job making you feel as if you are. Not sure why everyone is hating on it so much. The critiques should be reserved for the fact that Universal should probably branch out more and do some different immersive experiences such as The Mummy.
I'm thinking more E. T.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
We rode it last night. It was unanimous. The whole family was not impressed. Also never seen an attraction where nobody was in the gift shop until this one. I love The Simpson's but this one is just lazy, uninspired, and uninteresting.
Right now it is the highest rated ride at the resort. The general public is eating it up.

I think the ride is fine. It's a solid D Ticket, it's popular, and has decent capacity.

The park does have too many 3D attractions. Shrek and T2 should be priorities for replacement with non 3D attractions. T2 really needs to become a full blown Broadway style theater since USF is losing people eating shows quickly.

lazyboy97o

Don't agree with that and we don't know the over all game plan. If the old simulators go that would leave Fallon as the only one, which being the newest works the best. I do like the Simpsons and Minions but they are both reskins of early rides, cheap but effective update. Simpsons probably isn't going any where or going to be changed any time soon since it's in it's own land. Wouldn't surprise me if Minions gets a better ride down the road. Shrek is on it's way out already.

We will see.
Any sort of plans don’t justify a lousy attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom