Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Rodan75

FWIW I have heard Coco is happening regardless of box office success. That being said, I expect the box office to be very good. I also heard Poppins is not completely off the table for UK, but it is not the "current" flavor of choice.

At this point it is guaranteed $500M WW and likely $750M WW. So it seems pretty low risk to put it in.

SoupBone

This is why I love Morocco so much. Walk in to the store and you are transported to Morocco, Disney World disappears. I think its the only country with that complete immersion.

Can't tell you how many times I've said this to friends and family. I love Morocco because you absolutely feel like you're there when you walk into that scene. It's absolutely my favorite spot in the countries to wander around in.

jt04

The more I study the area around France the more convinced I am that the Ratatouille ride can fit directly behind the pavilion and still save Impressions.

Just saying.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The more I study the area around France the more convinced I am that the Ratatouille ride can fit directly behind the pavilion and still save Impressions.

Just saying.

You can study it all you want, there is no reason to believe it will go there. Also, as I showed early the show building barely fits, and we don't know what other things would things may impact whether it can be squeezed into the space or not.

WDWbuff2001

You can study it all you want, there is no reason to believe it will go there. Also, as I showed early the show building barely fits, and we don't know what other things would things may impact whether it can be squeezed into the space or not.

so are you saying its likely or no

PorterRedkey

I want to preface this by stating - I have no idea what these plans mean and I rely on people more versed in construction to help me understand them.
That said could the portion I have circled, colored yellow be the exit of the attraction that leads back to the heart of the France pavilion?
full

208089-940564bfde9ded33e4fa2c07b01e817b.jpg

I am not sure if there is a possible path here or if it would be blocked by shops, food stops that WDW is unwilling to part with.

I think this exit point would make more sense, but I am not really sure if it is feasible. This idea partly based on the same texture being applied to both the known queue section and the part I have colored in.

Are we sure the known queue will be both in an out?

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

I want to preface this by stating - I have no idea what these plans mean and I rely on people more versed in construction to help me understand them.
That said could the portion I have circled, colored yellow be the exit of the attraction that leads back to the heart of the France pavilion?
full

I am not sure if there is a possible path here or if it would be blocked by shops, food stops that WDW is unwilling to part with.

I think this exit point would make more sense, but I am not really sure if it is feasible. This idea partly based on the same texture being applied to both the known queue section and the part I have colored in.

I seem to recall @marni1971 stating entrance and exit will be in the same place.

PorterRedkey

I seem to recall @marni1971 stating entrance and exit will be in the same place.
You might be right. I knew that someone has said that, but I didn't think it was @marni1971. I probably just missed it.
Like I said I an no expert with plans. I just thought it would make sense to Disney - spit the guest out where they can spend money. However, it seems that this would make the pavilion even more crowded. Not to mention disturbing the current pavilions layout.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
full

The image isn't showing up for me. Is it for anyone else? All I see is a broken image link icon and

danlb_2000

Premium Member
full

I am not seeing the picture.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Perhaps it will change like that proposed retention pond behind iasw. Because common sense and all.

Where they are putting it no is common sense. Why squeeze it into that tiny piece of land when you have a big open space to put it that will likely never be needed for a country. Even with the Rat ride there, there would still be room in the front for a small pavilion.

jt04

Where they are putting it no is common sense. Why squeeze it into that tiny piece of land when you have a big open space to put it that will likely never be needed for a country. Even with the Rat ride there, there would still be room in the front for a small pavilion.

We'll just have to disagree as to if using that plot is short-sighted or not (no rat pun intended).

I just think in a decade or so they may wish they had more World Showcase expansion pads.

aladdin2007

dont forget, world showplace and the norway meetetngreet are not permanent. Maybe last resort, but they can take those out if they wanted or had to should all the others be used someday etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom