Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I am actually very excited about this. The addition of a new dark ride was certainly needed at Epcot. IP argument aside it fits well in France, it will pull some of the crowd to the other side of the showcase away from Frozen as well. I haven't ridden the Paris version but from the looks, with maybe some plussing on the WDW version, this can be a great addition to the park.

sedati

I am actually very excited about this. The addition of a new dark ride was certainly needed at Epcot. IP argument aside it fits well in France, it will pull some of the crowd to the other side of the showcase away from Frozen as well. I haven't ridden the Paris version but from the looks, with maybe some plussing on the WDW version, this can be a great addition to the park.
There are a few nice physical details that I've gleaned (again only from videos) The wheels of the cart you scurry under actually turn, and there's a curtain that lifts as if pulled up by Linguini as he ushers you off.

Projection quality at this scale has only improved in the last few years, so hopefully that will be a plus over Paris.

WDWbuff2001

The hype for the rat ride seems insane i think, and thinking about it, even though it takes up most space of New Fantasyland, and with the insane success of the movie in March, and the setting of France, I think of Beauty and The Beast. DEAR GOD come the next two weeks till D23 i pray and so should you that a Beauty and The Beast attraction won't come to the France Pavilion. A Ratatouille ride would be awesome

Jones14

I think at this point we're safe from BatB. I'm sure they see sales related to the franchise as saturated after FLE, so Rat (underutilized at WDW in attractions and merch) is probably more appealing, with the opportunity to move new merchandise.

That's just a guess of mine, but I'd imagine it's a reason. Perhaps they think the number of Remy plushies they could sell would outnumber the increase in the number of Belle plushies they'd get.

lazyboy97o

The hype for the rat ride seems insane i think, and thinking about it, even though it takes up most space of New Fantasyland, and with the insane success of the movie in March, and the setting of France, I think of Beauty and The Beast. DEAR GOD come the next two weeks till D23 i pray and so should you that a Beauty and The Beast attraction won't come to the France Pavilion. A Ratatouille ride would be awesome
Calamity is coming.

WDWbuff2001

Calamity is coming.
Dear gods no
I think at this point we're safe from BatB. I'm sure they see sales related to the franchise as saturated after FLE, so Rat (underutilized at WDW in attractions and merch) is probably more appealing, with the opportunity to move new merchandise.

That's just a guess of mine, but I'd imagine it's a reason. Perhaps they think the number of Remy plushies they could sell would outnumber the increase in the number of Belle plushies they'd get.
i would so buy a remy plush..... your point stands..lol

raven

you mean a gloss finish on the floor? to reflect the screen... a matte finish would give the screen a dead flat end... the gloss floor would reflect and make it feel a little more extended..
A high gloss floor would give a mirror-effect and ruin the effect because it would be obvious where the screen ends. Maybe a semi-gloss! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom