News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Kman101

I've always felt Small World is treated as an afterthought at the MK. Imagine an exterior at Epcot like all the other Small Worlds have. It's never going to move but I sort of find it funny that many can't even imagine the thought. I've always felt it would be great in Epcot, as would Carousel of Progress. It would all resemble the old World's Fair.

But I know people are sick of the talk of it but just throwing that out there.

misterID

Since the "future" keeps happening exponentially faster, the problem of theming ahead of it becomes too difficult and costly.

If it is still a winning concept for a gated theme park perhaps another enterprise will pick it up. Uni has a nice expansion area.
That's the most ridiculous argument ever given. We have not even touched the future Horizons depicted. That argument is completely lazy. The whole point is to update your attractions.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The problem is modern society doesn't like optimism, encouragement and call to action.

They'd much rather focus on celebrating stupidity, watching trainwrecks, and attacking everyone who doesn't fluff them up.

Unless EPCOT is about 'what are you going to do for me?' - Current society doesn't want to hear about the future.

jt04

The problem is modern society doesn't like optimism, encouragement and call to action.

They'd much rather focus on celebrating stupidity, watching trainwrecks, and attacking everyone who doesn't fluff them up.

Unless EPCOT is about 'what are you going to do for me?' - Current society doesn't want to hear about the future.

And this too.

davis_unoxx

I've always felt Small World is treated as an afterthought at the MK. Imagine an exterior at Epcot like all the other Small Worlds have. It's never going to move but I sort of find it funny that many can't even imagine the thought. I've always felt it would be great in Epcot, as would Carousel of Progress. It would all resemble the old World's Fair.

But I know people are sick of the talk of it but just throwing that out there.
That would be awesome!

misterID

Since the "future" keeps happening exponentially faster, the problem of theming ahead of it becomes too difficult and costly.

If it is still a winning concept for a gated theme park perhaps another enterprise will pick it up. Uni has a nice expansion area.
That's the most ridiculous argument ever given. We have not even touched the future Horizons depicted. That argument is completely lazy. The whole point is to update your attractions
Cost, sponsorships, intellectual property, global competition, TDO and the board disagree. IMO.
Let me add insufferable with lazy.

MerlinTheGoat

That's the most ridiculous argument ever given. We have not even touched the future Horizons depicted. That argument is completely lazy. The whole point is to update your attractions
Wait, are you saying you DON'T own a house in space and a summer condo under the Pacific? Wow, you must be poor as dirt haha! My uncle owns a huge orange orchard in the desert and needs some extra hands, maybe I could hook you up with a job. Then you could at least afford a flying car like the rest of us.

Oops, getting a hologram phone call from the parent, gotta run! :p

jt04

Let me add insufferable with lazy.

The last time I experienced the Horizons attraction there was literally nobody in the queue. It felt like there was nobody else in the building. The only proof there was happened to be some people walking away from the building after exiting. However I couldn't tell if they had just left the attraction or had changed their minds and turned back.

I guess people may not want their future to be a house in space or living at the bottom of the ocean.

And the robots will be here soon enough. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :eek:

G00fyDad

The last time I experienced the Horizons attraction there was literally nobody in the queue. It felt like there was nobody else in the building. The only proof there was happened to be some people walking away from the building after exiting. However I couldn't tell if they had just left the attraction or had changed their minds and turned back.

I guess people may not want their future to be a house in space or living at the bottom of the ocean.

And the robots will be here soon enough. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :eek:

Too late. They're already here.
https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/294725
20170522185227-dubai-robocop-police.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom