Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mike S

Ha, I should have popped over here sooner. I said pretty much the same thing over in the Spirited Thread yesterday night!

@Mike S has said that he read there would be an exclusive attraction at the Orlando edition of Super Nintendo World. That could Bridge the gap and get Nintendo and SWE in line.

Star Wars Experience and its attractions should be a cut above Nintendo in scope and scale. Perhaps not quality, but it should be far more extensive.

If it's not, then Walt Disney Imagineering is a lost cause. It needs to be much much better for the level of investment.
Here's one argument that can be made in Disney's defense: It's not hard to imagine Star Wars requiring a lot more attention to detail to make the land believable vs. something like Mario. Just look at the art.

Sped2424

Original Poster
As talked about on another site. It's fishy the leak happened close to D23. Probably a slight intentional aspect to it.
You mean e3? I could see this having much more to do with a nintendo world annoucment coming during their presentation than it having to do with d23.

clemmo

Not nintendo related but there's not a thread for it, wasn't there a discussion about a MSHI expansion coming with an Avengers e ticket? If so is that before or after nintendo?

Disneyhead'71

Not nintendo related but there's not a thread for it, wasn't there a discussion about a MSHI expansion coming with an Avengers e ticket? If so is that before or after nintendo?
Universal filed this patent recently. No one can figure out what it's for. I'm thinkin' it's for the rumored Secret Life For Pets ride.
universal-ironman-ride.jpg

Last edited:

JT3000

There was discussion. I don't think it'll ever amount to anything. I think some people just got ahead of themselves when they were refurbishing The Hulk. The idea doesn't necessarily work for IOA anyway, because the only reason the Avengers are so popular right now is the film version, not the comics. I see Disneyland being the ones to open such a ride.

imperius

You mean e3? I could see this having much more to do with a nintendo world annoucment coming during their presentation than it having to do with d23.
No D23 and I guess E3. D23 seeing as more info on Star Wars is coming so maybe Uni wanted to say look at this coming right after that.

clemmo

Universal filed this patent recently. No one can figure out what it's for. I'm thinkin' it's for the rumored Secret Life For Pets ride.
universal-ironman-ride.jpg
I completely forgot about Slop (great acronym). I haven't seen the movie so i'm not sure what the patent would be getting at but it looks like you'd get into some sort of suit. Would be very cool but an ops nightmare when it first opens.

Exomonia

Mario Kart, DK coaster, and Yoshi Island dark ride are the plans now.
Is the DK coaster likely to be outdoors? Or will it be indoors? I feel that it would be significantly improved being indoors... but ahh well, what will be will be!

The Yoshi Island dark ride is news to me - sounds intriguing!

imperius

Is the DK coaster likely to be outdoors? Or will it be indoors? I feel that it would be significantly improved being indoors... but ahh well, what will be will be!

The Yoshi Island dark ride is news to me - sounds intriguing!
I don't think the insiders have said the exact plan for it yet.

Exomonia

The best news from those leaked plans is they want to keep ET. Also if the new land is half as good as what was originally proposed, it will be a huge step up from Kid-Zone.
Heck, just a single Mario Kart ride would've been better than Kid-Zone haha! (I was not a fan of Kid-Zone. Poorly themed and outdated area in my opinion). Keen for this! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom