LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
I just looked up how this works/worked... I can't believe Disney let a loophole like this happen in the first place. The old FP system had in-park validation, didn't it?

You stuck your park ticket/AP into the machine...I would assume the old system checked to make sure that ticket/pass had been used to enter the park.

Cosmic Commando

You stuck your park ticket/AP into the machine...I would assume the old system checked to make sure that ticket/pass had been used to enter the park.
I know there was a time where it was the Wild West, but I'm 99% sure the old system had in-park validation by the end.

I'm a bit surprised Disney didn't end this loophole sooner.
Me reading all the people on another board that think it's okay:
tumblr_m4x4d9t9Dk1rrifv1o6_500.gif

RSoxNo1

Initially when paper Fastpass rolled out you could put anything in the machine and it would spit out a valid paper ticket. Eventually they got wise and corrected these issues. Even still for a while, you could use old park tickets to generate Fastpasses. Now at Disneyland they will give you a "Not a Valid Fastpass" stamped piece of paper that will say the ticket wasn't used to enter the park that day.

I suspect locking the MDE account in any form would result in a ridiculous amount of problems at guest services, but I can absolutely see Disney not allowing guests to use a ticket that didn't check into the park on that particular day. The problem is, I've run into instances at Disneyland where my ticket didn't register in the park on a given day and I had to go back to the entrance when the machines wouldn't let me get a Fastpass and "check in".

CJR

I never would have thought to use multiple magic bands or expired tickets to cheat the system. It's very sad that people continuously try to find work arounds to the system in place, which is very fair and generous (considering every other park outside of Disney charges for their version of FP).

I hope they actually do enforce this and deactivate accounts for repeat offenders. You know it must be a real problem when this issue goes this public. Makes me wonder just how big it is.

Edit: They should also show your picture on the screens at each attraction. Otherwise people would probably just enter the park twice. Cheaters seem to really be reaching, I wouldn't put it passed them, so might as well do everything they can to prevent and stop abuse.

Last edited:

radiorae

...The problem is, I've run into instances at Disneyland where my ticket didn't register in the park on a given day and I had to go back to the entrance when the machines wouldn't let me get a Fastpass and "check in".
When Disney World had the paper fastpasses it happened a lot to families with strollers, because the cast member would open the gate to let the stroller through and whoever was pushing the cart forgot to scan their ticket (or the kid's ticket). So when they got to the fast pass kiosk there was one person in the party who always got the dreaded "not valid" ticket spat at them. I wish there was a way to validate at the kiosks (for DL) because it always seemed like a huge hassle for people to go all the way back to the front of the park to fix it. Cast members could override the system to get you a fastpass (at least in WDW) but you still had to go to the front if you didn't want to hit the same roadblock at each fastpass kiosk.

Last edited:

Jeffxz

Last week I noticed several different groups of people in the fast pass lines using the Green FP+ cards and I didn't think much of it at the time but it seems like those cards would be the easiest and cheapest way to exploit this system.

RSoxNo1

This is another situation of Disney creating a problem and then "solving it" without identifying the actual source of the problem.

People are booking up too many dining reservations because they don't know where they want to eat 180 days out, so let's charge $10 a head if you don't cancel. Problem solved without addressing the source.

Busses suck for transportation, let's charge for Express transport rather than address the bus issue.

Create a system that allows for advanced booking of Fastpass and people exploit it more than any other version of Fastpass? Close a loophole, but keep the advanced bookings.

Jeffxz

This is another situation of Disney creating a problem and then "solving it" without identifying the actual source of the problem.

People are booking up too many dining reservations because they don't know where they want to eat 180 days out, so let's charge $10 a head if you don't cancel. Problem solved without addressing the source.

Busses suck for transportation, let's charge for Express transport rather than address the bus issue.

Create a system that allows for advanced booking of Fastpass and people exploit it more than any other version of Fastpass? Close a loophole, but keep the advanced bookings.

I don't believe mde will allow you to book overlapping dining reservations anymore. I have no idea if this is enforced over the phone or not.

For FP+, I don't think advance bookings has anything do to with this. From what I understand this has to be done at the in park kiosks on the same day.

Either I'm not understanding the workaround or maybe you are only talking about same day advance bookings.

RSoxNo1

I don't believe mde will allow you to book overlapping dining reservations anymore. I have no idea if this is enforced over the phone or not.

For FP+, I don't think advance bookings has anything do to with this. From what I understand this has to be done at the in park kiosks on the same day.

Either I'm not understanding the workaround or maybe you are only talking about same day advance bookings.
I think if the dining reservations are within an hour they won't let you do it. But I've definitely booked one under my wife and one under my ID. The 180 day window is beyond stupid, and if I know what restaurant(s) I want to eat at, I will book those restaurants for every day of the trip. As the trip approaches I will cancel them. I don't feel this is abusing the system at all, I think it's "working within the system" because Disney created an unworkable situation.

Back to Fastpasses, I don't think it's unreasonable at all to deny entry to the Fastpass+ queue if you try to enter with a ticket that hasn't been scanned at the park that day. However, if they are "locking" accounts immediately that seems excessive. A simple denial by the front line cast member is the equivalent of the paper rejection in the old kiosks.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom