The lines and wait times when Avatar land opens

TTA94

It is nearly impossible to get a FP for Flight of Passage :rolleyes: and the fact they are not tiering the FPs like I had thought they were going to do isn't helping!

peter11435

It is nearly impossible to get a FP for Flight of Passage :rolleyes: and the fact they are not tiering the FPs like I had thought they were going to do isn't helping!
There's a decent amount of availability if you look between the 30 and 60 day mark. I imagine the tiers will change in time. Right now they're allowing as many as possible to have one of the avatar attractions since pandora is new and popular. Once things settle down I think FOP will move into a tier with other headliners.

TTA94

There's a decent amount of availability if you look between the 30 and 60 day mark. I imagine the tiers will change in time. Right now they're allowing as many as possible to have one of the avatar attractions since pandora is new and popular. Once things settle down I think FOP will move into a tier with other headliners.

I'm a AP and trust me FoP has been mostly gone at the 30 day mark. I was able to find ONE for the middle of next month. Now NRJ has had several dates available.

freediverdude

i need to find that one dude who said the Pandora rides would have about an hour wait for the first two weeks and then drop down to 20 minutes after about two weeks of being open

Well who knows he might not be too far off, the river ride dropped to 75 minutes for a while today. I don't think the river ride will have huge lines past the first few months, it's just not a headliner attraction. FoP I think will end up being similar to the mountains in MK or Test Track, with typical waits of 60-90 minutes most of the year. It's not as slow loading as some of the ones that gather longer lines like Mania, Frozen, or Pan.

mergatroid

Original Poster
i need to find that one dude who said the Pandora rides would have about an hour wait for the first two weeks and then drop down to 20 minutes after about two weeks of being open

I can't imagine he's going to want to come on here and discuss his 'prediction' :D

To be fair over time lines will shorten as they do with every attraction, I've never queued more than 20 mins for the Potter attractions and walked on Gringrotts last time I was there.

Maddie Terwilliger

One of my best friends visited Pandora yesterday. She got there super early in the morning.

She reported to me that at 8:30 in the morning... the line for FOP was 4 hours long.
And fastpasses are disappearing.

mergatroid

Original Poster
What time of the year was this? I've always had to wait over an hour for the Potter rides:hilarious:

We go September/ October and have only queued for 20 mins or so most times in the mornings. A tip for no waits and Diagon Alley practically deserted is to go during Halloween Horror Nights, there's hardly anyone there! The last two years we've been during HHN's Gringotts was a walk on with no wait. The Celestina Warbeck show was watched by about 8 people it was that empty.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This isn't too bad. 5:20 PM on Thursday....

upload_2017-6-1_17-29-48.png

Kman101

We go September/ October and have only queued for 20 mins or so most times in the mornings. A tip for no waits and Diagon Alley practically deserted is to go during Halloween Horror Nights, there's hardly anyone there! The last two years we've been during HHN's Gringotts was a walk on with no wait. The Celestina Warbeck show was watched by about 8 people it was that empty.

Yep I went last month and waited 20 minutes for FJ. It took about that long to make it through the line lol. But to be fair it wasn't a busy day for a Saturday.

jt04

I'd expect that after the first summer that Na'vi River Journey will settle in to around 30 minute waits with Flight of Passage going into the 60-90 range.

Yes, because they went with 4 theaters. Any less would have been a public relations nightmare. They learned from Soarin' it seems.

voodoo321

No doubt. It wasn't my intention to be at WDW during opening weekend of Pandora but I'm not complaining. I think my stategy will be to go over to AK at 11PM on the 27th and see if the wait is less than two hours. If not, go in the morning and try again. No way will I camp out in the parking lot or wait any longer for anything more than 2 hours. I would just have to save it for the next time. I know that it is likely that it won't be running at full capacity so my expectations are set low.

Me and my dad are visiting in 2 weeks.

Anyone have any updates on what line times are like during EMH ???
More busy? Less busy?o_O

I finally had a chance to check in and just wanted to share my experience from the 27th. I didn't arrive at AK until 1030PM and the EMH line was already backed up to the FOTLK queue. I got in it anyway and was pleased that it moved steadily. At least with the long wait it felt like we were making progress.The anticipation helped too. Entered the land about 1115ish and had ridden FOP without a fastpass by 1215 or so. That's also with one of my daughters having to exit the line at the final ramp to go use the bathroom. Not bad. I was a little surprised. We still had time to walk around the land a little and go do a last minute ride on Everest.

Had a FP for NRJ the next day. The Standby was posted at 150 min. We pretty much walked on and I was shocked that they gave my two daughters and I our own boat. They didn't load the second row. They were only letting FP holders in Pandora, I think, so it was easy to roam around the land and see everything without feeling overly crowded. There was room to move and soak in the scenery. I also noticed the CM loading us into the rooms on FoP kept referring to a laminated sheet and looking confused. I'm sure they are getting it all down by now.

Take advantage of the EMH!

Last edited:

BrianLo

I finally had a chance to check in and just wanted to share my experience from the 27th. I didn't arrive at AK until 1030PM and the EMH line was already backed up to the FOTLK queue. I got in it anyway and was pleased that it moved steadily. At least with the long wait it felt like we were making progress.The anticipation helped too. Entered the land about 1115ish and had ridden FOP without a fastpass by 1215 or so. That's also with one of my daughters having to exit the line at the final ramp to go use the bathroom. Not bad. I was a little surprised. We still had time to walk around the land a little and go do a last minute ride on Everest.

Had a FP for NRJ the next day. The Standby was posted at 150 min. We pretty much walked on and I was shocked that they gave my two daughters and I our own boat. They didn't load the second row. They were only letting FP holders in Pandora, I think, so it was easy to roam around the land and see everything without feeling overly crowded. There was room to move and soak in the scenery. I also noticed the CM loading us into the rooms on FoP kept referring to a laminated sheet and looking confused. I'm sure they are getting it all down by now.

Take advantage of the EMH!

I have a feeling the evening EMH are going to be a big boon in the next few weeks. Considering they are running daily, it's not like an artificial extra magic morning that every resort guest is drawn to like flies.

Your experience with them on opening day sounds incredibly pleasant, fingers crossed, that's our plan in two weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom