The Adventures of WALL-E

HMF

Original Poster
I have never posted in this thread before because for many years I wanted to work for WDI and posting them here would hurt my chances of getting in. Now, I am pretty sure I will never get into WDI so I might as well share them here. This is a project I have had in mind for the better part of half a decade. An Omnimover Attraction based on the film WALL-E where it will be built at least four locations.
*Carousel of Progress/America Sings/Innoventions/Star Wars Launch Bay building at Disneyland's Tomorrowland.
*New industrial looking building on site of Tomorrowland Speedway themed to Buy-n-Large warehouse in Magic Kingdom.
*The current site of Monsters Inc. Ride and go seek in Tokyo Disneyland.
*On the Autopia site in Disneyland Paris.
Here are some renderings

DL Exterior-Day
full

Here's how it looks today.

Exterior TDL (and WDW?)
full

TDL Monsters Ride=present

Queue-WDW and TDL. (DL?)
upload_2017-5-5_0-35-11.png

Here is the queue for Monsters Inc. in Tokyo for orientation.
upload_2017-5-5_0-36-33.png

More to come.....

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I have never posted in this thread before because for many years I wanted to work for WDI and posting them here would hurt my chances of getting in. Now, I am pretty sure I will never get into WDI so I might as well share them here. This is a project I have had in mind for the better part of half a decade. An Omnimover Attraction based on the film WALL-E where it will be built at least three locations.
*Carousel of Progress/America Sings/Innoventions/Star Wars Launch Bay building at Disneyland's Tomorrowland.
*New industrial looking building on site of Tomorrowland Speedway themed to Buy-n-Large warehouse in Magic Kingdom.
*The current site of Monsters Inc. Ride and go seek in Tokyo Disneyland.
Here are some renderings
Queue-WDW and TDL. (DL?)
View attachment 203046
Here is the queue for Monsters Inc. in Tokyo for orientation.
View attachment 203047
More to come.....
Hey there -- welcome!

This is a neat idea -- can't wait to see more!

HMF

Original Poster
Why would posting here hurt your chances of getting into WDI?
Legal reasons, They don't take unsolicited ideas and I really wanted to see this built someday. Now that I have accepted it will never happen or at least my version of it will never happen. I no longer feel a need to protect it. Not that if Disney used my ideas I would sue them for it but unfortunately that's why they don't take in-solicited ideas and it's the world we live in, sadly. Also my opinions on WDI's recent work won't make me look good in their eyes.

spacemt354

Chili's
Legal reasons, They don't take unsolicited ideas and I really wanted to see this built someday. Now that I have accepted it will never happen or at least my version of it will never happen. I no longer feel a need to protect it. Not that if Disney used my ideas I would sue them for it but unfortunately that's why they don't take in-solicited ideas and it's the world we live in, sadly. Also my opinions on WDI's recent work won't make me look good in their eyes.
Well I've seen concepts on here then a few months/years later something similar is announced and pops up in WDW. That could be because of many reasons. There have also been some people who have gone to work for Disney as well, despite posting concepts on here. Lastly, this is an anonymous site, so your opinions really won't affect anything.

HMF

Original Poster
I don't think Disney would consider replacing Ride and Go Seek in Tokyo... it's one of their most popular rides
It does not fit in Tomrrowland though and that is more important.
Here is another rendering of the Tokyo Exterior.

full

How it looks today

Last edited:

ppete1975

no disrespect but if your plan is to become a Disney imaginer you might want to use something besides paint. Id at least learn how to draft or ink and pen and basically draw out your ideas and concepts.... the pics here look like an elementary student. Not trying to be rude but if you want to be taken seriously that is some real advice.

HMF

Original Poster
no disrespect but if your plan is to become a Disney imaginer you might want to use something besides paint. Id at least learn how to draft or ink and pen and basically draw out your ideas and concepts.... the pics here look like an elementary student. Not trying to be rude but if you want to be taken seriously that is some real advice.
My ambition was to become a writer for Imagineering. I never pretended to be an artist. But I can conceptualize and know what I want aesthetically. Besides that ship has sailed and I don't think I am ever going to be an Imagineer, nor would I want to under the current circumstances. It did take me whole nights to do those renderings though. I don't see myself professionally involved with the Walt Disney Company in any capacity for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
My ambition was to become a writer for Imagineering. I never pretended to be an artist. But I can conceptualize and know what I want aesthetically. Besides that ship has sailed and I don't think I am ever going to be an Imagineer, nor would I want to under the current circumstances. It did take me whole nights to do those renderings though. I don't see myself professionally involved with the Walt Disney Company in any capacity for the foreseeable future.
Well there are many jobs in imagineering, you should look into it more and see something you're passionate about, I can tell you really do care about Disney.

HMF

Original Poster
Well there are many jobs in imagineering, you should look into it more and see something you're passionate about, I can tell you really do care about Disney.
I know but it looks like I am never going to be able to get the proper degrees, I have been in school Part-time for almost a decade and am unlikely to pass until I am close to 30 assuming I pass at all which is unlikely. If I could get paid for how much I care about Disney I would likely be a multi-millionaire by now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom