AoA for 4 adults (2 couples)

Jess G

Original Poster
Planning a couples trip with friends (yay!) they are on a budget. Thinking of splitting the lion king suite between us 4. Any thoughts?

21stamps

Planning a couples trip with friends (yay!) they are on a budget. Thinking of splitting the lion king suite between us 4. Any thoughts?

I vote for separate rooms. When I used to do F&W it was typically 4-6 people, when we did couples we got neighboring rooms. Once a girl's trip, 4 of us in a regular room at YC..I'm glad it was only 2 nights.lol

But, I've never done a suite at Disney. How many bathrooms? And are you sleeping in the same room? Does anyone snore? Ha ha..that's an important one to me.

LAM378

The couple sleeping in the living area wouldn't necessarily have much privacy, with the other couple having to go through their area to get in and out of the room. Still, I'd have no problem sharing an AoA suite with one other couple if we were close friends and had a high comfort level. They're spacious and the two bathrooms are great.

Just curious, have you priced out two regular rooms at a value or moderate for your dates? The AoA suites aren't always the cheapest option.

Jess G

Original Poster
I vote for separate rooms. When I used to do F&W it was typically 4-6 people, when we did couples we got neighboring rooms. Once a girl's trip, 4 of us in a regular room at YC..I'm glad it was only 2 nights.lol

But, I've never done a suite at Disney. How many bathrooms? And are you sleeping in the same room? Does anyone snore? Ha ha..that's an important one to me.

It would be one couple on the pull out couch and one couple on the bed. 2 bathrooms. I hate the values but it's not in their budget for a POR or POFQ and I don't want to stay in any construction zone for their first trip, and I promised myself I would never do POP again so I imagine the all stars to be much worse than that lol. I know it's just me being snobby lol

Jess G

Original Poster
The couple sleeping in the living area wouldn't necessarily have much privacy, with the other couple having to go through their area to get in and out of the room. Still, I'd have no problem sharing an AoA suite with one other couple if we were close friends and had a high comfort level. They're spacious and the two bathrooms are great.

Just curious, have you priced out two regular rooms at a value or moderate for your dates? The AoA suites aren't always the cheapest option.

Yes we are very comfortable together. This trip would be us staying for 7 nights and them staying for 4 nights. Me and hubby are going to stay at AKL when they leave on day 4. I cancelled out CSR and CBR as an option because it's there first trip and I don't want to stay in a construction area, they can't afford POR or POFQ (they are trying to stay @ about $170 max per night)

PrincessL

We shared an AoA suite for one night with my BIL and SIL and 3 kids. It was just for a day trip so it was fine but I couldn't imagine doing that for 4 nights. I love them to death but after busy days in the park I would need a break and my own space after a bit. What about 2 little mermaid rooms?

21stamps

It would be one couple on the pull out couch and one couple on the bed. 2 bathrooms. I hate the values but it's not in their budget for a POR or POFQ and I don't want to stay in any construction zone for their first trip, and I promised myself I would never do POP again so I imagine the all stars to be much worse than that lol. I know it's just me being snobby lol
I still vote for 2 rooms..and ask for a connecting door. Lol. But it's your decision obviously.. just my 2cents.
Yes we are very comfortable together. This trip would be us staying for 7 nights and them staying for 4 nights. Me and hubby are going to stay at AKL when they leave on day 4. I cancelled out CSR and CBR as an option because it's there first trip and I don't want to stay in a construction area, they can't afford POR or POFQ (they are trying to stay @ about $170 max per night)

Is AoA $170 or more per night for a standard room???? I had no idea values were that price!

Jess G

Original Poster
I still vote for 2 rooms..and ask for a connecting door. Lol. But it's your decision obviously.. just my 2cents.

Is AoA $170 or more per night for a standard room???? I had no idea values were that price!
Aoa sits at about $150-180 per night for standard and about $350 for the suites give or take

mdubm

Have you thought about renting DVC points? Could end up being a great compromise. You could rent a 1 bedroom or maybe even 2 bed. AKL, BWV, SSR, OKW could be some cheaper options and a nicer stay.
I think if the other couple is okay with sleeping on a pullout, go for it.

LAM378

You're good, then! I wouldn't hesitate to stay at AoA under those circumstances. I figured the construction had messed with your moderate options, but had to ask. I think you'll love AoA and have a blast with your friends there, and moving on to a deluxe with just your husband will be the cherry on top. Happy planning!

Jess G

Original Poster
Have you thought about renting DVC points? Could end up being a great compromise. You could rent a 1 bedroom or maybe even 2 bed. AKL, BWV, SSR, OKW could be some cheaper options and a nicer stay.
I think if the other couple is okay with sleeping on a pullout, go for it.

Yes hubby and I just returned a couple days ago from a trip at SSR renting points. We are considering doing that but they were asking for "as cheap as possible" they want the dining plan and they are doing 3 day tickets at disney and a one day park hopper @ universal. They are trying to keep it @ a $2000 budget total for 4 or 5 nights

Jess G

Original Poster
You're good, then! I wouldn't hesitate to stay at AoA under those circumstances. I figured the construction had messed with your moderate options, but had to ask. I think you'll love AoA and have a blast with your friends there, and moving on to a deluxe with just your husband will be the cherry on top. Happy planning!

I'm excited. Thinking I'll offer to pay a little bit more money so we can get the bed. I am going to price quote them for the AoA suite to share, and also for their own room at POR and let them do some research and go with whatever they choose.

mdubm

Yes hubby and I just returned a couple days ago from a trip at SSR renting points. We are considering doing that but they were asking for "as cheap as possible" they want the dining plan and they are doing 3 day tickets at disney and a one day park hopper @ universal. They are trying to keep it @ a $2000 budget total for 4 or 5 nights
That's a pretty difficult request. It can be done, but tough. What time of year are you going?

Nemo14

Keep in mind that you'll be charged extra for having more than 2 adults in the room too, which might influence their decision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom