More Classy Behavior of Guests at Disney

AndrewsJ

No you are wrong Selfie sticks should be banned because they can and have caused major problems. selfie stick being used while on a ride is huge safety issue. Also, people have gotten killed using selfie sticks because they weren't paying attention.
I didn't say they shouldn't be banned. I used it as an example of "some" people using them irresponsibly and ruining it for everyone else. I'm sure there were some that used them properly and considerately. I actually played a very large part in having selfie sticks banned in Disney Parks thank you very much. I know the dangers first hand. Alcohol on the other hand is a big money maker for Disney so it's not going anywhere.

csmat99

I didn't say they shouldn't be banned. I used it as an example of "some" people using them irresponsibly and ruining it for everyone else. I'm sure there were some that used them properly and considerately. I actually played a. Wet large part in having selfie sticks banned in Disney Parks thank you very much. I know the dangers first hand. Alcohol on the other hand is a big money maker for Disney so it's not going anywhere.
But alcohol isn't a safety issue at the parks. All CM's and security are trained to deal with how they serve it and how to deal with people that had too much. People want to make it like there are brawls and people getting knocked out during F&W. That just isn't true. I will even say there are more issues with people just being plain A*holes that causes problems. Like the mother who will use her double stroller as a battering ram to part the red seas of crowds. Or the person who puts his kid up on his shoulders and then proceeds to move to front during FW show and block everyone's view.

AndrewsJ

But alcohol isn't a safety issue at the parks. All CM's and security are trained to deal with how they serve it and how to deal with people that had too much. People want to make it like there are brawls and people getting knocked out during F&W. That just isn't true. I will even say there are more issues with people just being plain A*holes that causes problems. Like the mother who will use her double stroller as a battering ram to part the red seas of crowds. Or the person who puts his kid up on his shoulders and then proceeds to move to front during FW show and block everyone's view.
I agree. I guess it's debateable that it's a safety issue but I've never once had an issue relating to alcohol in the parks or resorts. My point was only that Disney makes rules punishing the majority for things that a small number of people abuse. I think it would be silly to expect Disney to ban alcohol. The reason I say it has no place in the parks in my opinion is because of a family history of abuse so I wish it didn't exist at all for that reason only. I don't drink it but I don't expect others not to. I don't eat cheese either but Insomt expect anyone else not to eat it. And I agree that comparing this incident to the horrifying alligator attack is not cool. I don't feel like those parents were neglecting their child they simply didn't realize the danger, it wasn't because they were drunk. I grew up near swamps but I guess some folks forget that Disney resorts are real life and can be dangerous. I know...we won't get into again.

AndrewsJ

Now you are going off deep end. So you are comparing a little boy being killed by an alligator as same thing as an A*hole drunk who is not paying attention to his child as justification to remove all alcohol from Disney World?
In that case all ponds, lakes, natural areas, water rides etc...would have to be removed and the gators would still probably find a place

Smiley/OCD

Silly to suggest removing alcohol. Alcohol is not the issue. Some people, a minority in fact, dont know how to handle it. I go to F&W, F&G, and the lounges and bars at Disney all the time. I really would like to see all of the "falling down" drunks people claim to be seeing. Even at F&W in my multiple visits, I may have seen 2 or 3 people beyond where they should be. In all cases, someone said something to a CM and it was resolved ( someone got removed, WOW, novel concept). But Ive seen more drunks in a typical shopping mall on a Friday. I asked several friends who live in Orlando and go to F&W once a week or more during season and they even said the talk of the drunks at Epcot is overblown. So while this incident is pretty sad and not cool, it is not typical of people who consume alcohol at Disney so quit assuming it is.

First, as I said before, I'm not looking to ban all sales, WDW should have better control at the resort lounges and the parks. As far as your comment about the F & W fiasco goes, my DW and 2 DD's who were under 10 at the time were at Epcot during the F & W about 10 years ago. We made the mistake of being there on a Saturday. There were MANY groups, some of 10-20 people each, with silk screened shirts advertising the fact that they were there for the SOLE purpose of "kiosk hopping". Not 1, not 2 but 3 GROUPS of unruly drunks staggered in front of us and almost knocked my kids down...no apologies from them, just arrogance. My kids are now 19 & 16...that's one of our favorite times of the year to visit. We learned our lesson. We just plan our days so that we are NOT at Epcot on the weekends during the festival.

Again, DO NOT ban sales, just stricter control...if my wife & I were there alone, I wouldn't worry about it...I'm 6'3,and from NJ ...I can defend myself and my wife against the yokels...you say people are overblowing it?? Perhaps you and your friends should lift your eyes OUT of your drinks and OBSERVE...it DOES go on more than you may care to admit.

csmat99

Not a single person has ever been killed in an amusement park because of improper selfie stick use.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/02/heres-a-breakdown-of-selfie-related-deaths.html
And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? :confused:
I never said a death was caused by selfie sticks at amusement park. I said they were a safety hazard not only with the person using them, but the people around them and the ride itself. If someone raises a stick while on ride and it hits something going 50-60mph someone will get injured or worse. That is why they are banned.

My reference to someone getting killed using selfie stick was when they used it at mountain and weren't paying attention and backed up and fell off a mountain. Also, someone got killed by a bus while using one.

danyoung56

And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? :confused:
I never said a death was caused by selfie sticks at amusement park.

I just wanted to make it clear. No, you didn't say that people had died in the parks because of selfie sticks. But it would be easy to read into what you said, so I was trying to make a point.

Chef Mickey

Now you are going off deep end. So you are comparing a little boy being killed by an alligator as same thing as an A*hole drunk who is not paying attention to his child as justification to remove all alcohol from Disney World?
No, I'm comparing the potential of a drunk doing something really stupid to that. I'd rather it just not be a factor.

Chef Mickey

As soon as you take a controlling interest in DIS, you'll be able to impose your standards as you see fit in the Parks.
Wow, there's a provactive statement. I guess we should all just shut up since none of us will ever come close to having a controlling interest in DIS.

As long as we are talking about stuff that doesn't matter...I bet I have FAR more of a controlling interest than you, so maybe my opinion does carry more weight?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
No, Disney likes me. I happily pay, follow the rules, and don't make cast members' lives difficult because I respect what they do and they company.

They love me too, I pay, I break all the rules, I get drunk, I climb pyramids, I harass small children, I whip out my selfie stick on every ride, and I do all of the other things that evil people generally do.

Where's the problem?

Mickey5150

Unfortunately, you have to. I think the 1% ruin it for everyone. You can't ban idiots, but you can ban idiots drinking alcohol.
People wearing Crocs make me sick, socks with sandals as well. Screaming kids, long lines, guess we need to ban these things as well since they affect me more than someone drinking too much. It's sad that people still think this way. This type of thinking gave us things like the Salem witch trials.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom