More Classy Behavior of Guests at Disney

Mickey5150

Yes.

Don't get your feathers ruffled too much though. Your alcohol isn't going anywhere unless I happen to be right and something bad happens that's directly related to alcohol. Then it will be banned rather quickly.

I just don't think alcohol really makes much sense at a family park, as good or as much fun as it can be. Again, lots of things are fun but there is a time and place for everything. Also, I'm not talking about 99% of the people who can handle it. To me, the 1% I consistently see who can't handle the alcohol are ruining it for everyone and are enough to ban it completely.

I would support a band system that cut people off after a certain number. It wouldn't be perfect, but it's better than now. Kids don't need to see drunken idiots during Illuminations and I've seen them too often. It's unfortunate because you're expecting a family environment.

Disney does a great job overall, but this only exists because it's too profitable to remove it.
Just curious, do you support Trump's "travel" ban as well?

Chef Mickey

Just curious, do you support Trump's "travel" ban as well?
You're having trouble separating tough political issues and private property. Disney's solution is quite simple while immigration is a complicated issue with many, many problems on all sides. I support following the law in all aspects of life and working to change things that are injustices.

I normally don't say anything, but I did not vote for Trump or Hillary.

Nice linear thinking though.

MickeyMomV

I wonder how the daughter that was competing in the cheerleader thing feels about this mess.
I can only hope she was at a park with cheerleading team. Its one thing to have to "make up" a reason that your dad is no longer with them at the resort but to have all of this happen in front of your friends is beyond embarrassing!!

Incomudro

You might have heard the joke; "Instant a_____." "Just add alcohol."
I believe alcohol is too readily available in the parks as well, and I've seen more my than my share of heavily drunk and obnoxious people on my past 1/2 dozen trips.
I wouldn't say ban it, but less easy access to it lowers the ability of patrons to get drunk, or get very drunk.
I have little patience for the argument of inevitability: "People are going to find a way anyway..."
That's a weak argument applied to any subject.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

You might have heard the joke; "Instant a_____." "Just add alcohol."
I believe alcohol is too readily available in the parks as well, and I've seen more my than my share of heavily drunk and obnoxious people on my past 1/2 dozen trips.
I wouldn't say ban it, but less easy access to it lowers the ability of patrons to get drunk, or get very drunk.
I have little patience for the argument of inevitability: "People are going to find a way anyway..."
That's a weak argument applied to any subject.
Agreed. Some people will manage to beat the system, but they will be dealt with at some point too. The net effect would still be lower alcohol consumption and fewer incidents involving someone with one too many.

Controls at Disney are and can be very tight....Disney can essentially do whatever they want within their property. If you don't like being searched or them going through your stuff, they can deny your entrance. Don't want to be searched? Have a Magical Day outside WDW property. You actually have fewer rights at Disney than you do as a citizen.

Incomudro

Agreed. Some people will manage to beat the system, but they will be dealt with at some point too. The net effect would still be lower alcohol consumption and fewer incidents involving someone with one too many.

Controls at Disney are and can be very tight....Disney can essentially do whatever they want within their property. If you don't like being searched or them going through your stuff, they can deny your entrance. Don't want to be searched? Have a Magical Day outside WDW property. You actually have fewer rights at Disney than you do as a citizen.

Agreed.
I cringe whenever the "let's not do anything because some people are going to do what they want anyway" argument comes up on any subject.
There are many measures that can be taken to reduce risks and severity.
I know drinking, and did enough of it in my day - so I don't like being bs'd about it.
If you have a beer cart every ten feet - for instance - many patrons can get blasted and out of control in no time.
If drinks are only available in sit down and served locations, it greatly reduces how much can be consumed - and how quickly.

Chef Mickey

Agreed.
I cringe whenever the "let's not do anything because some people are going to do what they want anyway" argument comes up on any subject.
There are many measures that can be taken to reduce risks and severity.
I know drinking, and did enough of it in my day - so I don't like being bs'd about it.
If you have a beer cart every ten feet - for instance - many patrons can get blasted and out of control in no time.
If drinks are only available in sit down and served locations, it greatly reduces how much can be consumed - and how quickly.
Right...I would also support an alcohol reduction initiative so the "I like a drink with dinner" people can still have their wine or beer with their steak.

EPCOT has gotten out of control and is just a money grab at this point. EPCOT is actually my biggest complaint with the drunks. You can find them every night and it's gotten a little out of hand.

Incomudro

Right...I would also support an alcohol reduction initiative so the "I like a drink with dinner" people can still have their wine or beer with their steak.

EPCOT has gotten out of control and is just a money grab at this point. EPCOT is actually my biggest complaint with the drunks. You can find them every night and it's gotten a little out of hand.

A couple of years ago, right around this time in May - we were in Epcot (staying at Beach Club) and I was shocked at how many bad drunks I saw.
I'm no prude - I'm a rock fan from the 70's and have done and seen plenty of going out and drinking.
This wasn't even during Food & Wine, it was Flower and Garden - sun still up - and people hammered.

ninjaprincesst

Honestly, I think you're trying to swat a fly with a sledge hammer. I'll leave it at that.

I have a problem with penalizing the majority for the abuses of a small minority. By all means deal firmly and consistently with any guest creating a disturbance (whether drunk or sober). But your approach is like banning all cars from the road because some drivers speed.
I just don't get why people can not function and have a good meal or a god time without alcohol, granted I think the above mentioned idiot would have been an idiot regardless, but it just seems so out of place at Disney, or let me rephrase that in the parks, I can't count the number of sad scenarios I have seen where mom and dad are trying to "drink their way around the world" and the kids are running around unsupervised and pretty much on their own, but I know its not going anywhere. I just wish people could remember where they and conduct themselves as responsible adults.

21stamps

A couple of days ago I read a post on a Disney fb post asking about alcohol.. now this..

I'm equally shocked at both.

I drink with my kid next to me on vacay...and no, not just at a meal. I serve alcohol at parties and bbqs..with my kid right there. I have a drink at a ballgame, with my kid sitting next to me. I think a lot of people do this. It has nothing to do with parenting.

Please, stop trying to impose rules on everyone. It's getting crazy.

21stamps

Well, it actually has a lot to do with parenting. If a parent is going to get sloshed while the kids just kinda stay close and try to stay out of trouble, well, that's bad parenting. That's not to say that any parent that has a drink is automatically irresponsible. But some are.

Drinking alcohol and getting sloshed aren't the same thing.

I see inappropriate, rude, and disgusting, completely sober parents at MK.
Bad people are responsible for themselves, everyone shouldn't be punished because of those people.

Chef Mickey

Drinking alcohol and getting sloshed aren't the same thing.

I see inappropriate, rude, and disgusting, completely sober parents at MK.
Bad people are responsible for themselves, everyone shouldn't be punished because of those people.
I like what you said, but sometimes the bad ruin it for the good. I'm a big believer in personal control, but some people just don't have it. Disney hasn't done a good enough job dealing with it, particularly at EPCOT.

21stamps

I like what you said, but sometimes the bad ruin it for the good. I'm a big believer in personal control, but some people just don't have it. Disney hasn't done a good enough job dealing with it, particularly at EPCOT.

Imo the only thing Disney is responsible for is removing people if they create a disturbance. Not removing the availability of alcohol from responsible people.

If I had it my way, every pool at a deluxe resort would have cocktail servers taking drink and food orders.

Chef Mickey

Imo the only thing Disney is responsible for is removing people if they create a disturbance. Not removing the availability of alcohol from responsible people.

If I had it my way, every pool at a deluxe resort would have cocktail servers taking drink and food orders.
I'd be more OK with that than the way it is now at parks. It's too easy to get sloshed and there are too many people around to impact. Hotels are a different story. Much smaller, more contained, and fewer people to disturb. The drunks going from cart to cart at EPCOT during Illuminations are just impossible to get away from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom