How Many Days for You? Part 12

splashingatkali

Jr2-2-1.png

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Happy-or-Unhappy-Number.jpg

To determine if 349 is a happy number or unhappy number, we square each digit in 349 and then add those numbers together.
Then we repeat the process for the result until either the result turns to 1 or we realize it will never be 1.
If it becomes a 1, then it is a happy numbers. Otherwise, it is an unhappy number.
Here is the math to make it more clear:
32 + 42 + 92 = 106
12 + 02 + 62 = 37
32 + 72 = 58
We kept doing the math above and it just started looping the same numbers and never got to 1. Since, we did not get to 1, 349 is an:
Unhappy Number

Dang...I didn't need to do the math... I knew it was an unhappy number because I'm 349 days from Disney !!!!

Upvote 0

MRGEFF

Happy-or-Unhappy-Number.jpg

To determine if 349 is a happy number or unhappy number, we square each digit in 349 and then add those numbers together.
Then we repeat the process for the result until either the result turns to 1 or we realize it will never be 1.
If it becomes a 1, then it is a happy numbers. Otherwise, it is an unhappy number.
Here is the math to make it more clear:
32 + 42 + 92 = 106
12 + 02 + 62 = 37
32 + 72 = 58
We kept doing the math above and it just started looping the same numbers and never got to 1. Since, we did not get to 1, 349 is an:
Unhappy Number

Dang...I didn't need to do the math... I knew it was an unhappy number because I'm 349 days from Disney !!!!
Nobody said there was going to be a test !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom